MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Killingsworth, the primitive electronic sounds of
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Author Killingsworth, the primitive electronic sounds of
bryan
Hello Wigglers,

I started a blog to post up my music and accompanying pictures.

The music is on archive.org and downloadable for free as WAVs or MP3s

The first salvo is the Playground "album", in which I work out some ways to play my little modular system in a more tactile way. Very raw, but recorded hi-fi, and very electronic in sound. For fans of the different things you can do with distortion and feedback patches. That said, it is not a Noise assault though it is all about the noises and I have really enjoyed making it and listening to it.

Hope you enjoy.

blog link: Over dt

album link: Playground

previous album: Electricity Poems Vol. I and II

sound experiment: Sound Pattern 03
sandyb
had a quick listen to the preview bryan.
sounds interesting. screaming goo yo
i'll download the album to have a listen to over the weekend.
thanks for posting it.

sandy
ignatius
i live one block from killingsworth street. (really)
sandyb
had a listen.
these were excellent. subtle and some really cool little noises.
w00t
bryan
sandyb wrote:
had a listen.
these were excellent. subtle and some really cool little noises.
w00t

Thanks much sandyb! I'm glad you liked it.

Here's some more details... I used the Doepfer A-119 for sound input and control using contact mics and a guitar pickup, however on the tracks titled "Three" and on the very last track it is all synth. No filters, but a Bananalogue Serge VCS was used on the last track to slew audio (sounds kinda like a low pass).

Cheers.
bryan
New free stuff. More obnoxious than the last round..

Mini bender
on blog:
http://overdt.blogspot.com/2010/05/mini-bender.html
direct to DL page:
http://www.archive.org/details/MiniBender
sandyb
very good stuff again bryan.
certainly noisier than the last lot. they sit together well as a group of tracks.

sandy
bryan

Inf
on blog: http://overdt.blogspot.com/2010/07/inf.html
DL page at archive.org: http://www.archive.org/details/InfInfInfInfInfInfInf

Truncated Infinities
A sort of drone beat-tape on which I worked a synth patch until it had something of interest and then recorded the patch as is, just letting it run until my attention told me there was enough to communicate what the patch was about. In some ways it's just an exercise, like a sketchbook, in that I tend to enjoy concise sketches more than finished works. Part of the point was to push static sounding patches from familiar territory and into something less known to me. It's all laid down in chronological order, recorded over the course of a month or so. Toward the end more radio gets incorporated and almost every patch gets injected with a little bit of noise (mostly the radio as noise source).

Back in the day a friend had a Midiverb and quickly I realized that any uncompelling sound could be made interesting when enough of the right effect was used. Since that point, the challenge has been to find something compelling in "dumb" sounds - raw waveforms, uneffected, recorded live in mono and no overdubs, documentary approach to recording that doesn't alter the sound. Noise sounds are another way to "trick" the ear into hearing something as "real" and complex. Is that any better - to use noise and distortion vs. time-based FX? Whatever, I'm not really sure, it's just where I've ended up for now.

So yeah, this is anti-music only so much as the point is not to make something musical, it's more about the quest(ion). Sometimes it also sounds like my commute at 79mph (unofficial well-tested speed limit). Maybe some demons (aka sonic influences) are being exorcised as well (yes they are).
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Page 1 of 1