MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Dual LFO Leds
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author Dual LFO Leds
jford
Hi,

My dual LFOs seem to work perfectly, but the LEDs don't flash they way they're meant to. It looks like LED1 is turning on only when both LFOs are high, so depending on the rate settings, it flashes a bit, then goes off, then flashes a bit more.

I've reflowed the solder on the transistors and other components in the middle of the board that concern the LED drive part of the circuit. All the transistors and diodes seem to be the right way around, and the 10V supply works properly. Any ideas of where to look next?

Thanks,

John.
Synthbuilder
Hi John,

Try connecting LED2 the other way around. That might work.

Tony
jford
No joy. I've put those LEDs in every way round possible. I'll keep investigating. The voltage at the LED seems low. Will keep hunting. I could use an oscilloscope right now.
Flareless
I had low voltage on mine too. It seems the solder joint on the wires at the board were poorly done. I re-did them and got action from the LED (after I then realized I reversed it).
Synthbuilder
jford wrote:
No joy. I've put those LEDs in every way round possible...

Somehow the second LED isn't passing current properly. That could be a problem with the LED itself or the connections to LED2.

Tony
jford
Thanks, yes, was the second LED. Re-crimped the MTA connectors. Works!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1