MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Search is fixed!!! Apologies for the downtime.

Crowminius in Euro
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Crowminius in Euro
oldcrow
The initial batch of 25 will be exclusive to my web site (cs80.com). Subsequent batches will have a number of storefronts offering them.

I estimate the prices to be US$450 for (osc) module A and US$350~400 for (filt/env/amp) module B. I'll know more as I actually get them made.

nickster wrote:
These look really good. Fantastic work you have done bringing these into life. It's peanut butter jelly time! How do you plan to sell these? Through your web shop or through distribution, or both? One last thing any idea of the price yet?
phutureboy
oldcrow wrote:
I am estimating US$450 for Module A and US$350~$400 for module B.

Any estimate for the crOwBX Euro module ?
jdkee
Looks and sounds great. Put me down for one.

w00t w00t w00t
clusterchord
phutureboy wrote:
oldcrow wrote:
I am estimating US$450 for Module A and US$350~$400 for module B.

Any estimate for the crOwBX Euro module ?


i'm interested in price and availability date of crowOBX euro too, just ballpark ?





i like the sound of Crowminiuus, but do have one critique.. the positioning of those knobs with blue davies is the tightest of any euro module i have seen. it will be impossible to turn them fully in performance, only bit by bit to avoid accidentaly turning others. not overly ergonomic panel setup i have to notice.
oldcrow
Happy New Year folks! I have decided to go ahead and open a pre-order on the Crowminius Euro module set, see http://cs80-com.myshopify.com/products/crowminius-euro-batch-1-pre-ord er

for details. --Crow
/**/
oldcrow
Crowbx Euro should be around US$700.00

Yes, I knew on the crowminius euro the control spacing would not be ergonomic. I am working on a larger format (5U/MU) host board which is the only real solution as in euro I didn't want to use more than 60HP. More on that elsewhere when it is ready. SlayerBadger!

clusterchord wrote:


i'm interested in price and availability date of crowOBX euro too, just ballpark ?





i like the sound of Crowminiuus, but do have one critique.. the positioning of those knobs with blue davies is the tightest of any euro module i have seen. it will be impossible to turn them fully in performance, only bit by bit to avoid accidentaly turning others. not overly ergonomic panel setup i have to notice.
clusterchord
oldcrow wrote:
Crowbx Euro should be around US$700.00

Yes, I knew on the crowminius euro the control spacing would not be ergonomic. I am working on a larger format (5U/MU) host board which is the only real solution as in euro I didn't want to use more than 60HP. More on that elsewhere when it is ready. SlayerBadger!


wow that's great news, think 5U is natural habitat for any incarnation of the holy moogness hihi


i presume you are shooting for it to be shallow enough to fit their BOX11 series of desktop cases. and with the recent introduction of the new BOX series with keyboard, pitchbend/wheels etc, if someone wants to make a standalone keyboard synth out of Crowminius - practically all elements are there thumbs up


PS that is a great price for CrowBX euro. can't wait to see how it looks.
phutureboy
oldcrow wrote:
I have decided to go ahead and open a pre-order on the Crowminius Euro module set, see http://cs80-com.myshopify.com/products/crowminius-euro-batch-1-pre-ord er

Great news for the Crowminius Euro module yet didn't you say Crowbx would be first ?
oldcrow
Unfortunately my Crowminius module B (filter/EG/amp) was stolen from a vehicle during NAMM. If anyone sees it in the wild, please let me know. There is only the one module B at the moment. Module A and the crOwBX units are safe. Module B is the easiest to build again, at least. Dead Banana

For reference, it looks like this:

aquatarkus
What a POS.

Hope it went well at NAMM for you otherwise...
nidas
I have pre-ordered the Eurorack Mini - looks awesome by the way. Will have a good shoot out agains my old model D from 1973.. If you have made as good clone as the CrowBX this will be kick-ass!

Any info of when to expect shipping
oldcrow
I will be doing the factory assembly of the module A and module B voice boards in early March, along with a batch of desktop crowminius boards. The host boards for modules A and B I currenly have to hand-build, so once the voice cards are done, I will be focusing on those. I am estimating sometime in April for everything, my personal deadline is AMHW 2016. SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!

nidas wrote:
I have pre-ordered the Eurorack Mini - looks awesome by the way. Will have a good shoot out agains my old model D from 1973.. If you have made as good clone as the CrowBX this will be kick-ass!

Any info of when to expect shipping
phutureboy
oldcrow wrote:
my personal deadline is AMHW 2016. SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!

Any chance the CrOwBX euro is also available by then ?
oldcrow
Some Crowminius tinkering in the Carlos style. Scarlatti's sonata in G (k.455) using two Crowminius machines.

Scarlatti Sonata in G, k.455
nidas
oldcrow wrote:
I will be doing the factory assembly of the module A and module B voice boards in early March, along with a batch of desktop crowminius boards. The host boards for modules A and B I currenly have to hand-build, so once the voice cards are done, I will be focusing on those. I am estimating sometime in April for everything, my personal deadline is AMHW 2016. SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!

nidas wrote:
I have pre-ordered the Eurorack Mini - looks awesome by the way. Will have a good shoot out agains my old model D from 1973.. If you have made as good clone as the CrowBX this will be kick-ass!

Any info of when to expect shipping


Any news on when you have the finished modules ready for shipping for the ones who pre-ordered?
oldcrow
I am working on module B units now. Still a ways out as I am trying to get the in-house pick&place running.


nidas wrote:
I have pre-ordered the Eurorack Mini - looks awesome by the way. Will have a good shoot out agains my old model D from 1973.. If you have made as good clone as the CrowBX this will be kick-ass!

Any info of when to expect shipping
[/quote]

Any news on when you have the finished modules ready for shipping for the ones who pre-ordered?[/quote]
stringsthings
Hi Crow,

I have a question on the Crowminius forum about Rev 1.1.3.

Can you check this when you get time?

Thanks

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2211408&highlight=#2 211408
nidas
oldcrow wrote:
I am working on module B units now. Still a ways out as I am trying to get the in-house pick&place running.


Any news on when I can expect delivey of the crowminius.

Cheers
oldcrow
The B module is done. Working on module A. FYI, email me oldcrow@oldcrows.net for faster response as MW does not always notify me of a new post. --Crow

/**/

nidas wrote:
oldcrow wrote:
I am working on module B units now. Still a ways out as I am trying to get the in-house pick&place running.


Any news on when I can expect delivey of the crowminius.

Cheers
mnml
Crow: I take it that the euro crowminius is SM only, and will be a finished item only and not DIY?

Hats off to this amazing effort.
Faustgeist
Howdy Crow,

I am supporting your kickstarter and am very excited for your build(s)!

I believe you mentioned the 5u version might become part of the kickstarter process, how about the eurorack version?

I feel you would have even more folks jumping on board. Hell, I hope to get the Crowminius in all three formats. Rockin' Banana!

Does one add their name to a eurorack list on this forum? PS: Ill be emailing you as well.

Best regards,
~Robin
oldcrow
I have worked out the 5U and euro builds as tier rewards. These will be made after the initial suitcase version. The materials for small-quantity panel/enclosure runs are not as low as I'd like. Dead Banana

Faustgeist wrote:
Howdy Crow,

I am supporting your kickstarter and am very excited for your build(s)!

I believe you mentioned the 5u version might become part of the kickstarter process, how about the eurorack version?

I feel you would have even more folks jumping on board. Hell, I hope to get the Crowminius in all three formats. Rockin' Banana!

Does one add their name to a eurorack list on this forum? PS: Ill be emailing you as well.

Best regards,
~Robin
Faustgeist
Hi Crow!

I have changed my pledge on kickstarter and have a question.

I am now going for the 5u standalone version.

"This 5U desktop version will include built-in MIDI as well as patchable inputs and outputs for various audio signals and control voltages."

With the midi and power 'built in' - Am I able to take the two 5u panels and add them to my larger dotcom system as I would any movable module? It's okay to me if the midi is not a panel but wired to the stand alone case.

I just want to make sure I am flexible as possible.

As well, there are two threads for your great synth - I hope it's okay to discuss the 5u in this 'eurorack' discussion smile

Best regards,
~Robin
oldcrow
Heya folks,

I've re-launched the kickstarter, which now includes eurorack module options:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1312542133/crowminius-analog-musi c-synthesizer

Cheers,

Crow
/**/
Faustgeist
Alright, I am back on board for a 5U set up. Thanks Crow!

~Robin
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 2 of 3
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group