MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

VERTICE ANALOG FILTERBANK
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author VERTICE ANALOG FILTERBANK
EuterpeSynthesizersLab
Hi everyone,
we are Euterpe Synthesizers Laboratories, handmade analog synthesizers based in Italy.
We would like to introduce our first product, the Vertice Analog Filterbank

Other infos about Vertice
drowld
It's a sexy beast.
Need to watch the demo back home
Kent
Fixed your video embed for you. Click upon 'edit' in order to observe the proper syntax.

thumbs up
flo
Looks really cool we're not worthy
donato
Very pretty! A small suggestion: it might be worth it to spend some money for a proofreader for your website and subtitles in the video. I realize English isn't your first language, which is great! However, it comes off a bit unprofessional to have so many grammar and spelling mistakes. It could be a deterrent to some regarding sales. Good luck!
PhatKat
Great name for your company. Back in the day I designed a hi-fi preamp kit with the name Euterpe.

Here is my little beast, it used 6j6 tubes which are not common in audio. They sounded great but where a bit microphonic.
EuterpeSynthesizersLab
Kent wrote:
Fixed your video embed for you. Click upon 'edit' in order to observe the proper syntax.

thumbs up

Thanks so much! Really unexpected help... The world still have some humans after all...
EuterpeSynthesizersLab
drowld wrote:
It's a sexy beast.
Need to watch the demo back home

Sex... yes... sometime hardcore is only diminutive...

Thanks so much smile
EuterpeSynthesizersLab
donato wrote:
Very pretty! A small suggestion: it might be worth it to spend some money for a proofreader for your website and subtitles in the video. I realize English isn't your first language, which is great! However, it comes off a bit unprofessional to have so many grammar and spelling mistakes. It could be a deterrent to some regarding sales. Good luck!

Thanks so much for your suggestion, it will be evaluated with careful attention...
Yes, we'd tried to be a little "funny" but obviously our language gaps pass our desire to impress... and damn you Google Translate!
EuterpeSynthesizersLab
PhatKat wrote:
Great name for your company. Back in the day I designed a hi-fi preamp kit with the name Euterpe.

Here is my little beast, it used 6j6 tubes which are not common in audio. They sounded great but where a bit microphonic.

Tube! This is real stuff! Very fascinating, good to know there is someone in the world who give to Euterpe so much "reality"
soup
EuterpeSynthesizersLab wrote:
Yes, we'd tried to be a little "funny" but obviously our language gaps pass our desire to impress... and damn you Google Translate!

Ironically enough in America E.S.L. stands for English as a Second Language!
EuterpeSynthesizersLab
soup wrote:

Ironically enough in America E.S.L. stands for English as a Second Language!

hihi hihi hihi
Yes, it is ironic indeed... very frustrating
However we build synths better than we write...
Barlov
donato wrote:

Doubt it'll deter sales. A quality piece of kit speaks for itself...

This is on my radar, nothing quite like a good filterbank!
jabs
Looks like a design straight out of the 60s. I think a slimmer desktop form factor a la Sherman Filterbank or even a rack mount would be more practical?
basicbasic
Looks and sounds amazing. The only benefit to a smaller form factor would be that it will be cheaper to ship overseas love
lrclazer
jabs wrote:
Looks like a design straight out of the 60s. I think a slimmer desktop form factor a la Sherman Filterbank or even a rack mount would be more practical?

Definitely understand where you're coming from, but after reading their About Us page I really appreciate the design philosophy. It looks the way it sounds, and I think that contributes to the excitement/inspiration you have when you sit down with it ...

Keep those demos coming!
mosaiclive
Oh boy, I wish I hadn't seen this! wink Now I've got to find space (and money!) for one of these. I don't have a real modular setup but I have built up my own 'mini' system based around the Fooger pedals, CP-251, Voyager + expander, etc. and this filter bank would complement my setup perfectly!
Nelson Baboon
I do find that a really pleasing looking instrument helps in the inspiration dept - if indeed it is an instrument that one looks at while playing. I love the way that this looks. Am researching further.
opsysbug
That thing is an awesome monster. Thanks for sharing. Beautiful.
EuterpeSynthesizersLab
Thank you guys for all of your opinions. They are very important for us.

Quote:
I think a slimmer desktop form factor a la Sherman Filterbank or even a rack mount would be more practical?
In this regard we are designing a rack version (19 ") of the Vertice.

We are also working on other projects such as:
- A CV-controlled mixer (6 channels)
- A huge 3oct-keyboard old school fully analog complete system with a real built-in spring reverb and many other intriguing features

Here is our soundcloud page if anyone is interested to listen other Vertice demos
wednesdayayay
is the EG able to be triggered by outside sources like CV or audio?

this looks right up my alley
EuterpeSynthesizersLab
wednesdayayay wrote:
is the EG able to be triggered by outside sources like CV or audio?

this looks right up my alley

Yes, the EG has an external Gate IN (0-5 volt).
To use audio signals you have to boost them to CV levels (it means generally about 4-5 times or less) or use a modular level signal like e.g. the one of many dotCom VCO (10Vpp)

Gating the EG is one of the most funny features of the whole machine. Because of its completely analog nature matching the Loop mode and a keyboard can be source of "strange reactions", like rate slow down, one-shot mode, triggered loop and so on. So use a combination of machine stupidity and "human touch" often results very creative.

This is a view of the top panel in which there are all the IN and OUT ports
EuterpeSynthesizersLab
To be thorough here is the view of the front panel
zahush76
Thank you guys for all of your opinions. They are very important for us.

Quote:
I think a slimmer desktop form factor a la Sherman Filterbank or even a rack mount would be more practical?
In this regard we are designing a rack version (19 ") of the Vertice.

We are also working on other projects such as:
- A CV-controlled mixer (6 channels)
- A huge 3oct-keyboard old school fully analog complete system with a real built-in spring reverb and many other intriguing features

Here is our soundcloud page if anyone is interested to listen other Vertice demos

Can you give some more detailes about the keyboard you mentioned?
???
Does the EG can be triggered internally or only via the gate input and switch?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5