MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Synths like the Waldorf Streichfett?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Synths like the Waldorf Streichfett?
X PRO
Was thinking about pulling the trigger on a Streichfett, but are there other synths in its price range that have killer strings? Synthy strings, not hyper realistic ones.
ablearcher
You could just buy one of the keyboards it's emulating.. Roland Rs-09, arp quadra, various yamahas in the CS series, lots of weird old string machines still kicking around for cheap. They tend to be in rough condition though.

Sometimes I dream about owning a solina, those are not cheap though. I sold all the string machines I had because my juno 6 could hit most of those sounds, regret it sometimes.
fac
X PRO wrote:
Was thinking about pulling the trigger on a Streichfett, but are there other synths in its price range that have killer strings? Synthy strings, not hyper realistic ones.

Any VA that lets you layer two or more sounds and apply effects will be capable of producing similar sounds, but I can't think of any decent VA at the same price range. Nord Lead 3 is the first to come to mind, but it costs 3x what the Streichfett costs.

Buying a bunch of old stringers would be great but very impractical and more expensive in the long run.

A cheap rompler might do, but yawn.

I would just get the Streichfett.
Madrayken
Buy an RS09. It's lovely.
Sir Ruff
fac wrote:
I would just get the Streichfett.

yeah, if that is primarily the sound you want, there's not really any other immediate option. It actually covers a lot of territory in between strings/vocal/synth sounds.
traveler
Madrayken wrote:

I have one and yes it is lovely. But you are going to be limited to the sound you can get out of it compared to the Streichfett. If you like a dark, old string/organ sound the RS-09 is great, but that's about all you get. Not that it's a bad thing. Plus you have to worry about the older ones breaking down and having the $ to repair. Just some things to consider.
heckadecimal69
stringfit is awesome
X PRO
I almost got an electric piano from the RS09's era and never did. i'm kinda thinking something like the RS09 that's just a really old unit made for emulating synth things, but not a huge fan of the RS09 sound. i think there's an old korg string synth i liked...

I actually have a couple romplers set to string sounds i like but I need more strings. never enough strings!!!
chvad
Madrayken wrote:

The bummer for me about the RS09 was the paraphonic like shared envelope. I couldnt get over that when I had it. My fav stringer sound ended up being the Crumar Performer but I wound up selling after a few years due to space.

True though! never enough strings!
SoundPool
There are always Elektronika Em25's on ebay and it sounds pretty nice- although probably more limited than the Waldorf and for about the same price as a Korg Delta or RS09.
1986Bowler
Love the Streichfett- it's got all the tones without taking up a lot of space, and the effects are killer.
It's a sweet little box for playing around with.
jkjelec
heckadecimal69 wrote:
Quote:
stringfit is awesome

What is stringfit? An internet search didn't turn up anything.
heckadecimal69
Hah! It's what a friend started calling the Streichfett and it stuck, sorry to confuse.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1