MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

*VIDEO* Happy Nerding - LED meter
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author *VIDEO* Happy Nerding - LED meter
ben_hex
The new LED meter module from Happy Nerding. Great for watching audio or CV. It full wave rectifies the signal so it can represent both positive and negative voltages. You can a direct output as well. There's a trimmer on the front for LED brightness and another to trim the range of voltage shown by the module. So it's a nice utility and slightly mesmerising LED show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2VWveO8Ipw

Luap
Mmm.. Blinken lightz!

Surely a worthy contender for this thread right here:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=114771&sid=cb9e8a1eb 8a97e642fa7b39d540e79e5
ben_hex
good call Luap. Added to the thread.
Dcramer
Sweet thumbs up be nice if it had a bipolar mode for CV.
moofi
Indeed :-)

Dcramer wrote:
Sweet thumbs up be nice if it had a bipolar mode for CV.
C14ru5
Does this LED meter have a response like a Peak meter, or is it more like a VU meter? What would happen if you fed it a pulse wave LFO? Would all LEDs go on and off simultaneously?
igorrr
Pulse can not have “off” state because the input signal is rectified before being log scaled and shown. The main use for the module is to show audio rate signals, thus it has log scale and some delay for release state. Though it has a jumper on the backside to select AC/DC input coupling. So with DC coupling it will show CVs too, but bear in mind its log scale and some delay to response.
tacetmusic
any news on these?
igorrr
Seems like too little interest for the productions to begin.
Kummer
I'm interested! smile

Edit: It may not have much of a functional value, but it could show output levels of a final mixer (which is how I would use it) and would also provide something animated/flashy for people to watch during a live performance. I think it's a great idea, too bad there is not enough interest!
alamandra
Now I judged this before opening the thread, not in the most positive of ways. This is about 5 times better than I pictured though so glad I was wrong.
alamandra
Oh and as an aside, that vco sounds quite good even though it's kinda just going woopty doopty loopty, this is a technical term.
tacetmusic
ah, shame.

did you consider adding a mode where it could act as a chromatic tuner? that might get a few more people excited seriously, i just don't get it
DJMaytag
igorrr wrote:
Seems like too little interest for the productions to begin.

Was this a Kickstarter? This looks way better than the one meter I came across on Modulargrid (though I wasn't exactly looking). I'm a VST meter nerd, so this would be handy.
igorrr
Sorry for the late reply, but there is a thread
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=148230&highlight=
where many people expressed that they do not need such a meter.
Upright
A bipolar version would indeed grab my attention.. It would be very useful as rudimentary method to monitor CV signals when you don't need the exact level of detail a Oscope provides. Maybe in a future version?
Bob Borries
Holy Lensflare! where do I get one of those?
igorrr
LED Meters are currently under production, so will be available soon.
I will make announcement once they are at stores.
caseandpoint
do you know how much they will be priced at yet?
sempervirent
Looking forward to these... hoping that the bipolar version works out too.
igorrr
The price will be 100 USD.
Multi Grooves
I need to have a little play around on modular grid but is it cool with stereo signals?
ben_hex
Multi Grooves wrote:
I need to have a little play around on modular grid but is it cool with stereo signals?

no it's mono in. Although it's splits the signal and will give a stereo out that's the same on both sides if you want to take that into headphones or stereo speakers.
Multi Grooves
So it can be fed a final out stereo signal before hitting a sound card/audio interface?

::thumbs up::
ben_hex
Multi Grooves wrote:
So it can be fed a final out stereo signal before hitting a sound card/audio interface?

::thumbs up::

No it's can't. It's a mono input. But the output of this unit is stereo taking the mono input and splitting it onto both sides. Just a little trick to let you use it as a stereo out if you want. But the input is always mono. It will not pass stereo.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2