MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Expert Sleepers Disting MK3
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62  Next [all]
Author Expert Sleepers Disting MK3
DMR
Just saw that the Expert Sleepers Disting was upgraded to MK3, a bunch of nice upgrades, including shallower depth, less power consumption, new clickable encoders, and extra banks of modes:

http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/disting.html
Luap
Just spotted this myself. Looks like a good upgrade, albeit surprisingly soon after Mk 2!?

Plumbstone
Looks like a great update. Typically I took the plunge on a couple of mk2s only a few weeks back... Time to head to the For sale thread..
wirelesswine
Thanks for the heads up. I was just going to order a Mk2. Will hold now for V3!

Andrew
knifey
Includes a drum synthesizer!

But I was really hopng they'd add a filter, instead of another delay.... seriously, i just don't get it
Luap
knifey wrote:

But I was really hopng they'd add a filter, instead of another delay.... seriously, i just don't get it

It does have filters now, doesn't it? I see 5(!) of them listed under bank 2.
exper
Question is, are the jacks still loose, or have they been improved?
chapelier fou
knifey wrote:

4 filters already...
Plumbstone
exper wrote:

I hope so too, they aren't unworkable as they are but you do need to be gentle with them which isn't easy when you got your wiggle on...
a100user
Excellent set of new features and algos.

I particularly like the knob recorder function

of the new algos, phaser & Tape delay are great effects and all the filters are going to be useful.

Now for the empty slots smile

Basic envelope & VCA will mean I can have a Disting only synth

thumbs up
Southfork
3rd revision in less than a year! eek!

This one looks like a big upgrade though, especially with the memory card algo programming, hopefully some of you clever peeps can start hacking it.
mt3
?
Southfork
exper wrote:

I bought an Fh-1 which has the same jacks but I'm guessing a newer batch as they aren't nearly as loose. Still not that grippy either though.
Plumbstone
a100user wrote:

Basic envelope & VCA will mean I can have a Disting only synth

thumbs up

There's already a vca - use 1b - 4 quadrant multiplier, signal into X, envelope into Y - bingo.
stromcat
Have been beta-testing this and it's pretty sweet. The jacks are different to the originals that I have, and are a touch more grippy. The new pots feel good.

That drum synth sounds lovely, got a nice warm 'burn' to it, filters sound nice too, as does the swirly chorusey/phasery business with short modulated delay times. Also excited to try the knob recorder on the precision adder mode.

Keen to see proper proliferation of algorithms thanks to that micro-sd!
knifey
Luap wrote:
knifey wrote:

It does have filters now, doesn't it? I see 5(!) of them listed under bank 2.

Oops, i jumped the gun. Yay filters!!
bemushroomed
Nice updates applause got a mkI, gonna keep it i think and get a mk3 as well.
jenz
Same here Guinness ftw!
exper
stromcat wrote:
Have been beta-testing this and it's pretty sweet. The jacks are different to the originals that I have, and are a touch more grippy. The new pots feel good.

That drum synth sounds lovely, got a nice warm 'burn' to it, filters sound nice too, as does the swirly chorusey/phasery business with short modulated delay times. Also excited to try the knob recorder on the precision adder mode.

Keen to see proper proliferation of algorithms thanks to that micro-sd!

Good to hear about the knobs. I may take a third stab at a disting after all.

Wonder if the grayscale panels will fit the new ones?
Coemgen
Plumbstone wrote:
Looks like a great update. Typically I took the plunge on a couple of mk2s only a few weeks back... Time to head to the For sale thread..

Same as d'oh! Gonna hold onto my mk2 for a while. Interesting upgrade all the same!
Luap
exper wrote:

Wonder if the grayscale panels will fit the new ones?

No, it's different now.

ben_hex
As others abe said ... V3 already? zombie
adam
it's a decent upgrade, don't knock it smile
robbasvenna
Great update with the new modes, less power draw and knobs! Feels like a really essential module, though I guess after a while you'd want a second one... Then a third one... Now I'm really convinced that a disting will be my next purchase! we're not worthy
sromanel
Shit, now I'll have to sell my mkII which isn't even 6 months old sad banana
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62  Next [all]
Page 1 of 62