MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Show us your patch cable holders!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Show us your patch cable holders!
MatrixModulator
Hey,

i hope this is not already done.
I thought it would be nice to see how everybody organise their patch cables.

Here's mine :

VinceL
MatrixModulator wrote:
Hey,

i hope this is not already done.
I thought it would be nice to see how everybody organise their patch cables.

Use the forum search function using "patch cable holder" as your search keywords and you will find a ton of threads on this topic.
2Egress Sound and Design
We showcased "The Hangman" at Toronto Sound Festival. An innovative and portable cable hanger for your patch cable and even headphones (as seen below). It just snaps together as this cable hanger is flat-packable for easy travel!

abelovesfun
VinceL
2Egress Sound and Design wrote:
We showcased "The Hangman" at Toronto Sound Festival. An innovative and portable cable hanger for your patch cable and even headphones (as seen below). It just snaps together as this cable hanger is flat-packable for easy travel!

2Egress your post certainly appears to be trying to sell "The Hangman."

All for sale postings belong in the For Sale forum, and currently you only have 39 posts. The forum rules require a minimum of 100 posts before posting anything for sale.
blt
Portable, automated, and keeps cats off your synth:
jules
This dog has seen some stuff...
Medici
The cymbal stand is a great idea, I'm guessing those black cable holders are from Raxxess?
Robscorch
lol lol lol blt again for the win. Totally reminds me of this...

noisejockey
I loved the Kabelhanger but didn't want to sacrifice even 2hp. So I bought some M3 clamps online and mounted it to a nearby mic stand.

In addition, behind and above my modular I've got a perforated aluminum bulletin board and, with some pushpins, it makes a nice and aesthetically pleasing cable holder. Because it's about 24" square, I have multiple rows for short cables.

teezdalien
MatrixModulator
blt wrote:
Portable, automated, and keeps cats off your synth:

Cute dog grin

Yes that's raxxess, i have now screwed them on the case.
mome rath

beem
mome rath wrote:

This is me too.. Looks crappy but actually works fine, no tangles etc.

Maybe i should get something like this http://basketsofafrica.com/swaziland-sisal/images/Swazi-Sisal-African- Basket.jpg
vintagesynthlab
MatrixModulator: Thanks for the reminder. Sadly, my cables are on the floor (for now).

However, I think I'm going to buy some of the standard cable hangers like you. I found these at Mouser: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Pomona-Electronics/1508-POM/?qs=sG AEpiMZZMuxMqKG3cH2FInNw%2fXELFotDmh2SVj09zk%3d

Where did you get your cable hangers from?

MatrixModulator
vintagesynthlab wrote:
MatrixModulator: Thanks for the reminder. Sadly, this is mine (for now)...

However, I think I'm going to buy some of the standard cable hangers like you. I found these at Mouser: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Pomona-Electronics/1508-POM/?qs=sG AEpiMZZMuxMqKG3cH2FInNw%2fXELFotDmh2SVj09zk%3d

Where did you get yours from?

Yeah this pomona is nice because it can actualy hold cables with smaller jack width. Mine can't hold erthenvar cables, they are too small.
I bought mine at a local store but you can have the same many places online.
[TSK]
Or...if you have some heat sinks laying around...
Works like a charm thumbs up

Samuron
captjrab
I am going to eventually devise a patch cable gig bag. I'm constantly moving my rig around and like he idea of neatness for setup and teardown. Anyone seen something like this already?
RLK
Pics of my slightly modded picks:

mmelnick
Made it from my dads tie rack

jimmie
Keep coming! I always get intrigued to this topic. Mine isn't photo worthy yet...
MrNovember
Wow, this was a surprisingly helpful thread. I've got a cable hanger that I haven't bothered to screw into a wall yet (always moving), so I've just been draping them over my bass amp. But I have so many guitar stands laying around. Time to convert one into a proper, portable cable hanger w00t
Leverkusen
I like to tidy everything up sometimes to ged rid of all the cables lying around on floor, table, synths and laptop - then it looks like this:

tiego

just made these , one in sipo/mahogany , the other in birch ply (more slots)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4