MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

a-155 sequencer opinions?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author a-155 sequencer opinions?
consumed
the a-155 looks really super useful. i want to get some feedback from users about it, and make sure i understand the basic functionality--

2 x 8 CV sequencer
4 trigger/gate outputs
glide on each row
sequential switch on lower row

so whats not to like about it? big, small, whatever. im curious.
(the only thing i wish it had was a manual step button.)
Chuck E. Jesus
it has a step button...except it's labled "clock" on mine, the manual has it as step...that's where you plug a clock in, if it's stopped the button will advance one step...my only gripe is that it won't run at audio rates...if you plug into the jacks on the bottom the bottom row of knobs act as attenuators, it's pretty cool...just got an A-154, i'm hooking it up next week so i can't give a review yet...
sgnhh
You have a Klee--why take up Euro space with the A-155?
felix
I like mine a lot. Plan on eventually getting a 2nd one someday. I need the A-154 first.

ross g wrote:
...my only gripe is that it won't run at audio rates...

Really? Mine does...at least low audio rates.
consumed
sgnhh wrote:
You have a Klee--why take up Euro space with the A-155?

good question. more modulation sources are always a Good Thing, and the doepfer is more of a 'typical' sequencer, where the klee definitely pushes the experimental boundary. also, i dont just want to fill the rest of the case with audio processing modules or a bunch more oscillators, although i would love to have another model 15.

having two sequencers interacting with each other can really make things interesting. i miss my metalbox sequential switch.
Chuck E. Jesus
felix wrote:

ross g wrote:
...my only gripe is that it won't run at audio rates...

Really? Mine does...at least low audio rates.

at some point it just stops, i wish it went faster...
Karl Jeffers
I got 2x155 and a 154.
The external clock can be much higher on the 154, so then a grafic vco is eazely possible.

The 155 is a great module by itself. I can only highly recomend it. The size is not to small and its eazy adjusting the knobs and switches, unlike other Doepfer modules. Cool feature is the external cv/audio inputs.
The 154 is a great addition, also highly recomended.
I want to buy an other 155 in the future.
Chuck E. Jesus
Karl Jeffers wrote:
I got 2x155 and a 154.
The external clock can be much higher on the 154, so then a grafic vco is eazely possible.

excellent news!
Madcap Labs
I've got two 155s and a 154 as well. One of my favorite things about the 155/54 combo is the random/one-shot mode - it's a kind of random burst generator - give it a start command, and it'll chatter away for a random number of beats - between 0 and about 25, from what I've experienced. Big fun when controlling random pitches, or running off a varying clock (or both!)

Peace and love,

Ed
felix
My 154 arrives tomorrow, I can't wait.
Chuck E. Jesus
Madcap Labs wrote:
I've got two 155s and a 154 as well. One of my favorite things about the 155/54 combo is the random/one-shot mode - it's a kind of random burst generator - give it a start command, and it'll chatter away for a random number of beats - between 0 and about 25, from what I've experienced. Big fun when controlling random pitches, or running off a varying clock (or both!)

Peace and love,

Ed

interesting...i wonder if you can get a good "snare" (or other percussion) sound with that at higher rates...i'll try it out next week 8)
Madcap Labs
Oh, wow - that's an interesting idea. The range of random values is pretty wide, and, from what I can see, there's no real way to adjust it. I keep meaning to post a question to the Doepfer group to see if Dieter can explain how the random values are generated, and that might lead to a way to control the range better - perhaps I'll do that right now!

- E
Chuck E. Jesus
Madcap Labs wrote:
Oh, wow - that's an interesting idea. The range of random values is pretty wide, and, from what I can see, there's no real way to adjust it. I keep meaning to post a question to the Doepfer group to see if Dieter can explain how the random values are generated, and that might lead to a way to control the range better - perhaps I'll do that right now!

- E

hey, i saw your post on the list, i hope they work that out... i like to take noise out into a sample and hold and clock it at audio rates, adjusting the clock can give more interesting results than plain noise...having random ordered "tuned" voltages as an audio rate burst (with a voltage controlled clock) seems like a fun thing to explore...
Madcap Labs
Wow - indeed it does - I'll check it out! Wow - the amazing stuff you can get into when you don't buy a new module every two weeks :-)

- E
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1