MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[BACK AGAIN] Eurorack: Haible Living VCOs by R*S
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next [all]
Author [BACK AGAIN] Eurorack: Haible Living VCOs by R*S
nordlead
Hey guys,

Jürgen Haible's Living VCOs main pcbs - including TRI, SINE, SYNC per VCO as well as the Driver Section and Haible's amazing VCA/Inverter/Overdrive module) are already and officially available again.

Now it looks like the front panel and matching panel component pcb for Euro are ready to go in production. Based on some of your comments I decided to drop the "Fine" and "Coarse" labels altogether, so now there's total freedom of whether you use one or two large knobs for those instead of the normal Davies:

As the main pcb is 8"(!) wide (and pretty dense), the front panel is 42hp. Here's a picture of the component pcb prototype:

Front panels will be 2mm aluminum, screen printed for a nice black and consistent look with the Serge Euro range by R*S,
pcbs made in Europe. Due to the large format, production is not cheap, I'm aiming for € 84 for a set of front panel + component pcb (8" x 4.1") - not including the main pcb.

If everything goes well, these can be shipped before Xmas. w00t

Not accepting orders yet, but please feel free to express comments / interest here - thanks! Guinness ftw!

Made some demos showing the new features a little while ago:

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/221578572" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/216023073" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
LoFi Junglist
No wiring at all?
Grumskiz
Very nice! I love that you added Sync and the VCA looks like a nice addition smile
Hope I will be able to afford one of these after christmas ^^;
nordlead
LoFi Junglist wrote:
No wiring at all?

Exactly - the main pcb is a monster, wouldn't be too keen on wiring this by hand ... so the component pcb takes care all wiring screaming goo yo
PWM
What Is the spacing between the jack sockets? 12,7 mm?
Jarno
nordlead wrote:
Exactly - the main pcb is a monster, wouldn't be too keen on wiring this by hand ...

Exactly, this is the reason why a fully stuffed PCB has been sitting in a drawer for 5 years already.
Still am going to finish it though (g*df*ckingd*mmit).
PWM
Go, Jarno! We believe in you! (He said thinking about his, yet to populate PCB..)
nordlead
PWM wrote:
What Is the spacing between the jack sockets? 12,7 mm?

Horizontal space between the Thonkiconn jacks (within one section) is 11 mm.
Altitude909
Yay! Finally done right. I'm in for one..
cane creek
Im interested, as long as I've still got some money over crimbo Mr. Green
oberkorn
yes! I'm in for one set
sumdumguy
I am interested. thanks.
Reality Checkpoint
Yes please, 1 set for me. thumbs up
fonik
LoFi Junglist wrote:
No wiring at all?

no wiring at all.

i had the privilege to built the prototype. it is a smooth build!

i hope to do a few sound snippets over the weekend.
audiohawk
Damn! Another one I can't resist!
Count me in for one set...
Thank you for your work we're not worthy
woodster
Really looking forward to getting hold of one of these thumbs up
DabiDabDab
Standard question; can i get only panel component pcb no panel?
simfonik
So that connects with this, right?

http://randomsource.net/haible/living_vcos

I'm in for 1 set.
apoisontree
I hope there will still be main PCBs with transistors arrays available by the time you the panel and control boards.

I'd like to avoid paying 9EUR postage twice, if possible.
hellpony
Im in for one set!
ablearcher
oh man, my backlog is already threatening to bury me without adding another giant project... but I'm probably in, this seems like one of those too good not to build ones.
evengravy
I'll take two sets of panel plus panel pcb to match the PCBs I have,

They look stunning, very well done

applause

edit; by the way, any chance of a sneak peek at the BOM so that I could preempt it with a component order?
PWM
BOM is on the site.
http://randomsource.net/haible/lvcos/LivingVCOs_BOM.pdf
evengravy
Yep, got that one thanks though, I meant a bom for the pots/jacks. I have the vco parts and pcbs. I'm assuming 9mm alphas but values. I assume 1M log (1 per osc) plus 100Ks everywhere else but just wanted to check. Also thonk jacks?
limpmeat
interested.....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next [all]
Page 1 of 12