MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Novamod + SH-1oh1
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Author Novamod + SH-1oh1
tubbutec-customer
Whilst (im)patiently waiting for my Tubbutec SH-1oh1 to arrive, I thought it might be fun to plan out some or all of the NOVA Mods and order some extras components.
I've already decided to use mini-stereo jack sockets for MiDi and ditch the old 5-pin DIN monsters - but the question for you guys is, are there features of the SH-1oh1 CPU that make the NOVA Mod unnecessary, anything duplicated?
Any reason to drill fewer holes in the beloved 101 welcome ! ! !
tubbutec
Hi,

the Novamod is completely analogue and personally I would either look at each feature and decide whether I need it, or install all of them to have a future prove 101 suitable for all kind of setups.

None of the Novamods functionality is duplicated by the SH-1oh1.

Quote:
LFO Clock Input:
Syncing the Arpeggiator and LFO to external drum modules and
sequencers is now possible. As well, interesting feedback loops can be created.

This could theoretically be built into the SH-1oh1 sofware, but not quite with the versatility of the Novamod, as you would only have one input jack (ext clck).
You could sync the LFO to an external source or midi clock. Put this on the feature list.

Quote:
VCF CV Input:
Just plug in a foot pedal or a CV from a midi converter and your SH-101
will sing!

I'd install it, but if you don't need it, there is midi filter control in the SH-1oh1....
pantalones
I have a novamod 101 that i'm putting 1oh1 in shortly. nothing is duplicated. actually, in the novamod v2 schems there is a 2nd adsr you can build and install. i chose not to, but you could technically have 3 adsrs on your 101 this way.
kreutzmann
looking at the synth board, VR31 is unpopulated, says "VCF tune"
Can't find anyhing bout' it, but if it could be used for, say tuning the resonance, that would be a nice addition.
Any of you know? can find out easy?

VR32 + a resistor is unpopulated too, might be used for VCA env delay?

Thoughs would be appreciated
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Page 1 of 1