MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

random*source love
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Author random*source love
kylverstone
I got a CGS Quad Slope in a trade deal a few months ago and was amazed at what you could do with it, so it got me looking at Serge for the first time. After deciding that I didn't really want to go 4u right now, I ended up at the random*source website. Big mistake, and the start of my urge to Serge!

After selling off a bunch of unused modules, I now have this mostly RS setup, and I'm absolutely loving it (although still learning it's capabilities)!

gummyboy
Hi .
My NTO outputs different vpp depending on waveforms.
Sine outputs -2.5V ~ + 2.5V but all others output 0 ~ 5V.

Is this something wrong? Or do I need calibration? I bought pre-built one.
Rudloe
kylverstone wrote:
I got a CGS Quad Slope in a trade deal a few months ago and was amazed at what you could do with it, so it got me looking at Serge for the first time. After deciding that I didn't really want to go 4u right now, I ended up at the random*source website. Big mistake, and the start of my urge to Serge!

After selling off a bunch of unused modules, I now have this mostly RS setup, and I'm absolutely loving it (although still learning it's capabilities)!

Very nice!
Rudloe
stickmann wrote:
Here is my system:

Obscured by light is the VCM.

How do you like the Sequencer?
Rudloe
Here's my lot.
Demi Jon
I've integrated a VCFQ, VCM, TWS+ and ResEQ into my mixed Euro system and loving them. I play noisy stuff where experiment and chance are welcomed, so not overly concerned with mismatched voltages for the most part.

However, if I move in DUSG territory for instance, and want to fully open a standard VCA, will a scaler like the Happy Nerding 3xMIA work? Will scaling take the 0-5v (if that's what the DUSG uses) and convert it to 0-10v, or will scaling it just move it to 5-10v?

To be clear, is 'scaling' in a module like the new MISO, the 3xMIA, etc., amplification of the signal or is it just adding an offset?
wavecircle
gummyboy wrote:
Hi .
My NTO outputs different vpp depending on waveforms.
Sine outputs -2.5V ~ + 2.5V but all others output 0 ~ 5V.

Is this something wrong? Or do I need calibration? I bought pre-built one.

Typically on a Serge system the black outputs are bipolar -2.5v ~ +2.5v, blue outs will be unipolar 0~5V.
Rudloe
Here's the pic
gummyboy
wavecircle wrote:

Typically on a Serge system the black outputs are bipolar -2.5v ~ +2.5v, blue outs will be unipolar 0~5V.

I see... Thank you.

Do you mean white one? Mine is eurorack version and doesn't have blue one.
What about red output which is pulse output?
ludotex
I believe white is unipolar and red is trigger/gate/pulse
Tumulishroomaroom
Instantly fell in love with the Res EQ and now I have a VQVCF on my way too ! Can you hear it ?

Ping...
Pin
gggg...
phineas
I did it the other way round: fell in love with the Qvcf quite some time ago but got the ResEQ only recently. It's such a great module; a glorious drone-machine.

I'm sure you'll love the Qvcf. It sounds absolutely fantastic when pinged.
Ossicle
So are all euro R*S modules same voltage as standard Serge, i.e. lower than most euro modules?

Say I want to use the DUSG as the heart of a small system of mostly non R*S modules. Do I need at least one dedicated attenuator and amplifier (gain) for each side of the DUSG to match the lower voltages?

Which would mean an awful lot of extra HP compared to something like Maths (which I didn't like that much).

I love my recently acquired wave multipliers but the voltage mismatch does not really seem practical in a small system of mostly non R*S modules.
Triglav
The DUSG can be calibrated to a higher output voltage. I have mine set at 0-8V without a problem.
Ossicle
Triglav wrote:
The DUSG can be calibrated to a higher output voltage. I have mine set at 0-8V without a problem.

Thanks, that's good to know. So if you calibrate it to a wider range, I suppose it lowers the resolution of the Rise / Fall pots a bit, right?

How about the input, does it clip at 10V?
Tumulishroomaroom
phineas wrote:
I did it the other way round: fell in love with the Qvcf quite some time ago but got the ResEQ only recently. It's such a great module; a glorious drone-machine.

I'm sure you'll love the Qvcf. It sounds absolutely fantastic when pinged.

Res EQ is absolutely fantastic. I love riding the edge of feedback when feeding it Morphagene loops; it gives so much life to short drone loops !

And I had some time to play with the VQVCF and indeed it's ping heaven. It's really nice to have the dedicated trig and v/oct input. Such a pleasant sound. I have yet to really put it through its pace as a filter though.

I've been bitten by the R*S bug and have now ordered a Wave Multiplier smile
phineas
Yeah, I absolutely love the VCFQ love .

Still have to explore its use as a CV processor:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=75377&highlight=

I'm sure you'll like the wave multiplier as well. The middle section is fantastic and it has a very nice VCA, too.
Plus it's waveshaping will be a great combination if you want to try the VCFQ as a "normal" filter more.
Tumulishroomaroom
Random*Source family :

Rudloe

Awaiting the Active-Pro/Noise/Cv-Pro
stickmann
Rudloe wrote:

This is amazing. I love the rainbow knobs.

Do you find yourself yearning for another DUSG?
Rudloe
Not really, I have 2 NTO's in there and use two Cwejman CTG's as envelopes. So the DUSG is generally on VCO or FM duties. Im very happy to have this system, I love it!

stickmann wrote:
Rudloe wrote:

This is amazing. I love the rainbow knobs.

Do you find yourself yearning for another DUSG?
Peouse
Hi there,
I bought the PCB and PANEL for the DUAL WASP Filter almost a month ago now, and haven't received anything. I tried to contact Ralf with whom I was in contact regarding delivery address but since then, nothing, 3 emails and no answer.
My account has been debited tough...

Do you know if something happened? Anyone having some trouble communicating with them?

Thx a lot!
nomanslad
I cannot wait to build a ResonantEQ, the feedback mode sounds so dense and gorgeous. Does anyone have any nice drones to share ?
Peouse
Peouse wrote:
Hi there,
I bought the PCB and PANEL for the DUAL WASP Filter almost a month ago now, and haven't received anything. I tried to contact Ralf with whom I was in contact regarding delivery address but since then, nothing, 3 emails and no answer.
My account has been debited tough...

Do you know if something happened? Anyone having some trouble communicating with them?

Thx a lot!

Ok I received everything, just for anyone new here, be patient and don't expect answers I guess they are really busy smile
Rudloe
Superbooth time.All these companies are busy with that.

I got an Active Pro few weeks ago and it came within a week.

They're usually pretty responsive Boba Fett
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Page 8 of 9