MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

random*source love
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 [all]
Author random*source love
Rudloe
If anyone is at Superbooth, try and find out what's coming next in Euro... i'd love to know cool cool cool
RowanH
Just bought a bigger case which has left me with an intellijel 4u 104hp case going spare. Already have the NTO and the 1u, would like to use this as its owns system for the most part, maybe with some external sequencing. Those with more serge experience, is this viable as a self contained synth? Anything you would change?

stickmann
RowanH wrote:
Just bought a bigger case which has left me with an intellijel 4u 104hp case going spare. Already have the NTO and the 1u, would like to use this as its owns system for the most part, maybe with some external sequencing. Those with more serge experience, is this viable as a self contained synth? Anything you would change?

This would be an amazing self contained synth. Do it, I love my R*S EuroSerge system so much which is your plan plus another DUSG, SEQ8XL, and the Mixer / CV Pro module.
cptnal
I had similar ideas myself, and if I was doing it for real my system would look much like yours.

What I discovered though is that "Serge" is more an approach than a set of modules. I have much of the functionality already - it's just that the design of the Serge modules channels your thinking in a different way. So I've been reading about the modules and how they're patched and trying to apply that to my own patching.

But hey, if you've got the wherewithal and you want to do it... do it! This is fun!
phineas
Thats an excellent setup and you'll have lots of fun with it.
You could think about swapping the NTO for a ResEQ but that's a matter of personal taste I would say.
Any way it will be great!
RowanH
Thanks everyone. My route into modular synthesis was inspired back in 2005 by KFW's multiples album, which included a handful of Serge based pieces, so it's always had a certain romance. I like to divide the euro up into workable chunks rather than seeing it as one system and it was the idea of taking some of my serge inspired modules and doing this when I thought, actually, a small Euro serge makes sense and is less intimidating than it used to be (both in diy and synthesis sense).
stickmann
For those that have used the Euro Triple Waveshaper+, are the input pots used to attenuate incoming signals or does it control the amount of waveshaping applied?
luketeaford
stickmann wrote:
For those that have used the Euro Triple Waveshaper+, are the input pots used to attenuate incoming signals or does it control the amount of waveshaping applied?

I'll check tomorrow to confirm, but I am almost certain they are attenuators.

EDIT: they are attenuators. VC 1 seems to turn up the input to the TWS and VC 2 seems to turn it down.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 [all]
Page 9 of 9