MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

random*source love
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Author random*source love
dmod
Positive Modular Attitude wrote:
Just received two NTOs from Dr Wiener, and I'm stunned! I didn't know analog oscillators could be this stable, and every sound coming from them both vanilla or experimental is insanely beautiful!
VCFQ should arrive early next week... we're not worthy
Did you have these built? I have wanted a Serge system forever.
ImNotDedYet
dmod wrote:
This shit makes me want to start learning DIY! love

Some of their stuff has all the SMT stuff already soldered on. Basically you just need to solder the pots, jacks, etc. Pretty simple builds. Of course, these "kits" cost more.
dmod
ImNotDedYet wrote:
dmod wrote:

Some of their stuff has all the SMT stuff already soldered on. Basically you just need to solder the pots, jacks, etc. Pretty simple builds. Of course, these "kits" cost more.
Oh cool. If you could provide a link so I know ecactlt what to get that would be awesome! thumbs up
Positive Modular Attitude
dmod wrote:
Positive Modular Attitude wrote:
Just received two NTOs from Dr Wiener, and I'm stunned! I didn't know analog oscillators could be this stable, and every sound coming from them both vanilla or experimental is insanely beautiful!
VCFQ should arrive early next week... we're not worthy
Did you have these built? I have wanted a Serge system forever.

Yup, I emailed him and a week later they were in my rack! He's highly recommended! grin
gordy_c
I just ordered a few of these modules from Thonk for my new Eurorack system. It was a bit of an impulse buy, as I'm just starting off, eek!.

I have the TWS, VCFQ and NCOM on the way. Depending on how I go with these I hope to get the DUSG and maybe an NTO in the future.

Now to try and remember where I've put the soldering iron.
Avjr
gordy_c wrote:
I just ordered a few of these modules from Thonk for my new Eurorack system. It was a bit of an impulse buy, as I'm just starting off, eek!.

I have the TWS, VCFQ and NCOM on the way. Depending on how I go with these I hope to get the DUSG and maybe an NTO in the future.

Now to try and remember where I've put the soldering iron.

You will def want DUSG. cool
ImNotDedYet
dmod wrote:
ImNotDedYet wrote:
dmod wrote:

Oh cool. If you could provide a link so I know ecactlt what to get that would be awesome! thumbs up

http://randomsource.net/serge_euro

Look for the items that 1) you would want and 2) state they have the SMT components already mounted/installed/soldered.
lud
Want a DSG kit!
timoka
why didn't i discover serge earlier... i am in love with all these modules, it is just like when i first had a cwejman module in front of me.
can't stop patching, love the sound, the functions, the concept of patch programming. perfect!

here's a semi random wonky dub, r*s modules for rhythm and sound, with cwejman help.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/uzala/ncom[/s]
drinkcorpsevomit
timoka wrote:

here's a semi random wonky dub, r*s modules for rhythm and sound, with cwejman help.

Thats just lovely. Some really classic tones in there. Buying certain kit really does give you access to certain sounds you cannot get any other way. Like buying an 808 clone only gets you 90% of the way to the 808 'soul'. There's really no way around it.
listentoaheartbeat
timoka wrote:

Great recording, timoka!
timoka
thanks @drinkcorpsevomit and @listentoaheartbeat,

i agree, serge modules have a distinguished sound. however unlike other brands i find it easier to shape the sound away from the "typical" territory.
Avjr
Having just ordered the VCFS i will have now all the R*S Serge modules except the N COM. Curiously i will have 10hp left on that case wich is what the N COM requires...

I have built a Serge oriented case so the N COM would be the obvious candidate to fill that space up but i still don't quite grasp what it does practically so can't tell if it will be useful for me.

Anyone care to share some insight and/or patch ideas on the N COM? What can one do with it?
vgermuse
Avjr wrote:
Having just ordered the VCFS i will have now all the R*S Serge modules except the N COM. Curiously i will have 10hp left on that case wich is what the N COM requires...

Anyone care to share some insight and/or patch ideas on the N COM? What can one do with it?

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81473&highlight=

w00t
Avjr
vgermuse wrote:
Avjr wrote:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81473&highlight=

w00t

Aw man, how did i miss this in my Google search? Thanks a bunch! we're not worthy
Gonna give it a good read. More tips are always welcomed!

But you pleople know i'm getting it anyways... Dead Banana
vgermuse
Be sure to use the Muffs search in the Buchla, EMS, Serge thread for more information, tips and tricks.
funqpatrol
I've been fascinated recently by serge sound, and especially by that demo of the 2 NTO fming each other othe demo page. Only thing that come close to that kind of sound is the Lorre Mill double knot. Nowhere else have I heard these sounds. Now I want them all
nimmen
R*S Serge is one of main reasons i'm expanding my rack, just can't ping vcfq enough for few months now...
Avjr
NTO users, any recommendations on other vcos to pair with it? I'm thinking of replacing my Make Noise STO and i don't have the hp for another NTO, only 14hp left... waah
lightafterdark
Serge Precision VCO would be the perfect match for NTO. I really hope that Random*Source will make it available soon in euro format.
hallospceboy
I really wish the search function worked, posted two days ago asking about this exact thing... very frustrating
Looks like for Christmas I’m gonna build me some modules and make myself a random source serge case! Very excited about all of this!
And that BOM thread. It's peanut butter jelly time!
nimmen
I'm also building "sergy" cases, wonder if anyone could post their "mainly serge" racks as example, starting to lack ideas on what to add and how to balance it well (it will be 12u x 84 "portable" case). Or at least could tell me what other complimentary modules(non serge) they find very nice to have.
At the moment have:
2x reseq
2x vcfq
1x nto
1x ncom
1x dusg
1x ssg
other non serge modules, like vca's, mixers, fx, etc...
Hr.Jansen
I feel the Hordjik Benjolin and TwinPeak filter, Doepfer matrix mixer and MN Erbe-verb fits my serge well. Spring reverb goes without saying i guess, but in lack of wad, i feel i can do lots of weird delays with my rainmaker. Just filter out the modern hi-fi highs and lows... smile
rob909101
I have the 4u: nto, wave mult/reseq, dssg, dusg, dual adsr, vcfq mixer
But no time to use it waah [/img]
neonmercury1
rob909101 wrote:
I have the 4u: nto, wave mult/reseq, dssg, dusg, dual adsr, vcfq mixer
But no time to use it waah [/img]

you can send it to me and ill put it to good use Miley Cyrus
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Page 3 of 9