MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Intellijel cases?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Author New Intellijel cases?
kjellb
It might be deeper than 70mm. External measurement is 81.3mm.
Trebbers
PolarIceCaves wrote:
pugix
If you bought it from intellijel I'd return it to them for your full purchase price.

They mislead you.

That's a bit strong. Hopefully Intellijel or the retailer will accept a return as the issue is an understandable misunderstanding, but there's no 1U standard and no representation the case is compatible w/Pulp Logic/Erthenvar tiles.
pugix
exper wrote:
kjellb wrote:
Could someone with a 4U case please measure the exact possible depth for a module in the area with no busboard?

From the website:

Quote:
Max. internal depth for modules: 70 mm
Internal depth for modules over top of the power bus board (at highest ): 53 mm

I measured and found 70 mm is accurate for no bus board. I measured to the top of a seated power header and got about 48 mm. That is your maximum module depth over the bus board.
pugix
Trebbers wrote:
PolarIceCaves wrote:
pugix
If you bought it from intellijel I'd return it to them for your full purchase price.

They mislead you.

That's a bit strong. Hopefully Intellijel or the retailer will accept a return as the issue is an understandable misunderstanding, but there's no 1U standard and no representation the case is compatible w/Pulp Logic/Erthenvar tiles.

I don't feel misled. There's detail missing from a lot of module maker web sites. We should lobby Intellij to add that bit of info, though.
pugix
After losing some sleep over this, I've taken a decision.

It's going to be too much trouble and expense to return the case. I'm seeing if I can return the Pulp Logic tiles.

Luckily I'm still planning the support modules for this mostly-Mutable Instruments box. I'm adding the Intellijel Quadratt tile to replace the attenuators and offsets from Pulp Logic and a Makenoise LxD to replace the Pulp Logic vactrol VCAs. My hope to fit a Three Sisters filter was dashed. But the Pole Zero should be fine.

I wish Intellijel had more interesting tiles. Even blind panels.

GoneCaving
pugix wrote:

I wish Intellijel had more interesting tiles. Even blind panels.

They've definitely said on one of the threads that there are more tiles in the planning. I agree that blanks would be useful in the meantime.
modernage
pugix wrote:

It's going to be too much trouble and expense to return the case. I'm seeing if I can return the Pulp Logic tiles.

Luckily I'm still planning the support modules for this mostly-Mutable Instruments box. I'm adding the Intellijel Quadratt tile to replace the attenuators and offsets from Pulp Logic and a Makenoise LxD to replace the Pulp Logic vactrol VCAs. My hope to fit a Three Sisters filter was dashed. But the Pole Zero should be fine.

I know this is a bit off topic, but if you ditched the Nanorand you would have room for your Three Sisters. I don't know if you would miss the Nanorand that much in a case that already has a Wogglebug, plus a Peaks and Disting (which can also do randomy things). Just something to think about. Another option would be swapping the mixer for another Quadratt.
kjellb
I measured and found 70 mm is accurate for no bus board. I measured to the top of a seated power header and got about 48 mm.

Thanks a lot.
boboter
Are these cases available in Europe yet?
maltemark
boboter: I want them to be!
johnwynberg
boboter wrote:
Are these cases available in Europe yet?

Now available at Cymru Beats: http://cymrubeats.com/shop/

Good prices, too. Very tempting, but for now I don't want to keep expanding. I'll consider again once Intellijel releases the 7U case and some more interesting 1U modules.
pugix
modernage wrote:
pugix wrote:

I know this is a bit off topic, but if you ditched the Nanorand you would have room for your Three Sisters. I don't know if you would miss the Nanorand that much in a case that already has a Wogglebug, plus a Peaks and Disting (which can also do randomy things). Just something to think about. Another option would be swapping the mixer for another Quadratt.

You have a good idea. I already bought the Pole Zero, so I'm going to see how I like it. Did not spring for the Nanorand or Disting yet, but still leaning towards both. I want two independent clocks. Peaks is as much a clock consumer as generator. And I don't want to use the Disting for a clock very often. Nanorand looked like the most interesting 4 HP clock generator around.
billyk419
brilliant design...wish i hadn't just bought a bento box confused
Biff
I though I read on this subject somewhere (the search doesn't seem to be working), but can the 7u case accommodate the medium spring tank (or small). Also take my money yet??
kisielk
1U blank panels are now available from the Intellijel web shop:

https://intellijel.com/product/1u-blank-panel/
Citizen Klaus
Biff wrote:
I though I read on this subject somewhere (the search doesn't seem to be working), but can the 7u case accommodate the medium spring tank (or small). Also take my money yet??

I asked a similar question in a different thread. Here's kisielk's response:

kisielk wrote:
Citizen Klaus wrote:
Question for kisielk (or anyone):

Will the 7U 84HP have enough room inside for internal mounting of Springray tanks? Thinking of maybe picking up one of these cases with tax-return money once they're released.

Yes you can fit a springray tank. The case depth is 80mm (same as our 4U cases) and the power supply only occupies one row.

More specifically, here are the dimensions of the three tanks used by the Springray:

Large - Accutronics 9BB2C1B (16.75"L x 4.375"W x 1.313"H)

Medium - Accutronics 8BB2C1B (9.25"L x 3.375"W x 1.313"H)

Small - Accutronics Blue Reverb AMC2BF3 (5.315"L x 1.969"W x 1.26"H)

So, based on my back-of-the-napkin math, the inside of the 7U case should be able to accommodate either a large tank or a medium + small. (Or possibly a large + small if you get really creative with the positioning, but don't count on it.)
Biff
That's awesome, thanks. Springray is my favorite, nice to know I'll be able to fit the small and med tank.
pugix
kisielk wrote:
1U blank panels are now available from the Intellijel web shop:

https://intellijel.com/product/1u-blank-panel/

Thanks! I just ordered a couple.
debolish
For those of you using the Intellijel 104hp case on your desk, I found this MOSSLANDA picture shelf at Ikea to be an excellent compliment. It measures 21.75 inches. I added 4 adhesive rubber feet to the bottom to keep it from moving when patching, and added a few small adhesive rubber feet to the angled part of the case for the same purpose. Enjoy!

[/img]
COMZ
I was looking to take the tile plunge myself, this case now looks like a maybe option. What is the limitation with this case using non-Intellijel tiles, is it strictly form factor/fit?
Hovercraft
COMZ wrote:
I was looking to take the tile plunge myself, this case now looks like a maybe option. What is the limitation with this case using non-Intellijel tiles, is it strictly form factor/fit?

Yes, non-Intellijel 1U tiles are too big for the Intellijel cases. So far, the selection of Intellijel 1U modules is underwhelming--especially considering the incompatible form factor. Planned on buying two of the 7U cases. but holding off until I see significantly more 1U modules available.
maltemark
I'm thinking to buy some blank intellijel 1u panels and start building using pcbs and kits already available for the old pseudo-1u format
dc_Sux
Citizen Klaus wrote:
Biff wrote:

kisielk wrote:
Citizen Klaus wrote:

Will the 7U 84HP have enough room inside for internal mounting of Springray tanks? Thinking of maybe picking up one of these cases with tax-return money once they're released.

Yes you can fit a springray tank. The case depth is 80mm (same as our 4U cases) and the power supply only occupies one row.

More specifically, here are the dimensions of the three tanks used by the Springray:

So, based on my back-of-the-napkin math, the inside of the 7U case should be able to accommodate either a large tank or a medium + small. (Or possibly a large + small if you get really creative with the positioning, but don't count on it.)

A potentially daft question, but how would you mount a tank in one of these cases? Presumably you wouldn't drill through the aluminium??
exper
dc_Sux wrote:
Citizen Klaus wrote:
Biff wrote:

kisielk wrote:
Citizen Klaus wrote:

A potentially daft question, but how would you mount a tank in one of these cases? Presumably you wouldn't drill through the aluminium??

You could use strong double sided tape (works for me just fine).
kisielk
Yes, double sided tape works well. The thicker spongy kind is particularly good. The third tank can also be taped to the inside of the lid.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Page 2 of 17