MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Intellijel cases?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Author New Intellijel cases?
stephentrask
Can someone tell me what power brick the 104hp version ships with? I seem to have lost mine.
liquidsn
https://intellijel.com/shop/power/triple-power-supply-80w-3u-6u-busboa rd/
scottmfr
stephentrask wrote:
Can someone tell me what power brick the 104hp version ships with? I seem to have lost mine.

It's the Meanwell GSM90A-15.
stephentrask
scottmfr wrote:
stephentrask wrote:

It's the Meanwell GSM90A-15.

Thank you.
theartstrip
I have the exact same weight. Their 3kg is a dream, not a reality ...

Picture file

Intellijel, fake advertisers... very frustrating angry

vytis wrote:
EDIT: Bathroom scale isn't the most accurate piece of equipment.

-----

I've just bought an Intellijel 7U 104hp Stealth Case seduced by its advertised light weight. On Intellijel's own website it is listed as 3.0 kg w/ Lid and Power Adapter.

However, after unpacking I have put it on a weighing scale and to my surprise it actually showed 4.2 kg without the power adapter.

Dragonaut
I don't know where you guys think you're going to find a lighter case...
peripatitis
Dragonaut wrote:

That is not the point though..
funkyjunky
d'oh!
vytis
Thanks for confirming this theartstrip. thumbs up

I returned my Intellijel case purely because I though false advertising was inexcusable.

I was made to feel like I was just an overreacting 'gram-counter' with broken scales...

Intellijel, this is FALSE ADVERTISING - please at least admit it.
Your dealers should be made aware of this too. seriously, i just don't get it
hawkfuzz
very frustrating
cackland
I understand the principle here, however I have to question, the difference in 'weight' means what?
intellijel
vytis wrote:

I returned my Intellijel case purely because I though false advertising was inexcusable.

I was made to feel like I was just an overreacting 'gram-counter' with broken scales...

We showed you a photo of an industrial grade shipping scale with our case + meanwell on it verified that weight we posted. Now I made a video to show you the process we used.

It is entirely possible that this scale may require recalibration or is not as accurate in lower range but we have never had any reason to doubt that this scale was inaccurate. We use it daily for a multitude of shipments with all the major couriers (who all re-weigh our shipments). Therefore I used this as the data to post on our site.

How is this in any shape or form false advertising? If I get a chance to measure these with another commercial grade scale (no bathroom/kitchen scale) and the values are different then I will be happy to update our website data.

On a side note: anyone who picks up one of these cases in person is consistently impressed with how light they feel. Once you put modules in it the weight is going to be wildly different anyhow.

jmeisse
I think the kitchen scale people should be held up to the same ethical levels; it's easy to shout FALSE ADVERTISING but what about LIBEL?
bwhittington
What if you just pull the rubber foot off a little to even the legs? Maybe put a little something inside the foot to fill the void?

man_hands wrote:

Close up of right leg when bottom left of case is weighted.
yellowecho
I'm still interested in the black case as my next case. Anyone know if the 1U modules will ever be available with black faceplates?
cackland
yellowecho wrote:
I'm still interested in the black case as my next case. Anyone know if the 1U modules will ever be available with black faceplates?

I would like to assume Intellijel might be open to this considering they have discussed the change in their panel printing process, however I believe they have mentioned in the past that even in 3U, black panels aren’t something they will be doing
yellowecho
cackland wrote:
yellowecho wrote:

I would like to assume Intellijel might be open to this considering they have discussed the change in their panel printing process, however I believe they have mentioned in the past that even in 3U, black panels aren’t something they will be doing

My OCD would be extremely grateful
Hovercraft
yellowecho wrote:

My OCD would be extremely grateful

Most of the 1U modules are straightforward--you could lightly sand, and spray paint the faceplates with black enamel.
propertyof
intellijel wrote:
vytis wrote:

We showed you a photo of an industrial grade shipping scale with our case + meanwell on it verified that weight we posted. Now I made a video to show you the process we used.

It is entirely possible that this scale may require recalibration or is not as accurate in lower range but we have never had any reason to doubt that this scale was inaccurate. We use it daily for a multitude of shipments with all the major couriers (who all re-weigh our shipments). Therefore I used this as the data to post on our site.

How is this in any shape or form false advertising? If I get a chance to measure these with another commercial grade scale (no bathroom/kitchen scale) and the values are different then I will be happy to update our website data.

On a side note: anyone who picks up one of these cases in person is consistently impressed with how light they feel. Once you put modules in it the weight is going to be wildly different anyhow.

I’m very curious. I wish someone with the bathroom scale wouldn’t mind to spare their time to possiblly re-check it with another “commercial/industrial grade” scale too. Maybe try to bring it to the nearest post office & check with their scale? seriously, i just don't get it
rew_
lol false advertising yeah I think I'm gonna go with the company that regularly responds to customer complaints on this forum, ships their products all over the world, and contracts with industrial manufacturers over the folks taking smartphone photos of their bathroom scales.

I own two Intellijel cases, I didn't buy them because of weight thresholds and as such haven't (and won't) weigh them. They're great cases. The idea that Intellijel is some bad-faith vendor in the modular community doesn't pass the smell test.
Dragonaut
peripatitis wrote:
Dragonaut wrote:

That is not the point though..

I should have just stayed out of it but let me clarify: Vytis is saying they were seduced by the light weight advertised by Intellijel and now they are going to return it because of false advertising.

Anyone that handles this case knows that this as light of a product as anyone would feel comfortable putting thousands of dollars worth of electronics in. Personally, I would be happier with a bit thicker metal. A couple more pounds even.

To me it seems an odd reason for us to pick up our pitchforks but to each their own.
radin
I really can't believe this. The next thing you are going to tell us is that Intellijel's Dixie in LFO mode doesn't cycle at the stated rates with the caveat that you used a sun dial to measure.
exper
That 1.2oz really makes a difference in competitive case racing. hihi
vytis
exper wrote:

56 oz to be correct. Thank you.
exper
vytis wrote:
exper wrote:

56 oz to be correct. Thank you.

Ha my fault. I didn’t see that it was kg.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Page 14 of 17