New Intellijel cases?

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

stephentrask
Veteran Wiggler

Post by stephentrask » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:44 am

Can someone tell me what power brick the 104hp version ships with? I seem to have lost mine.
i don't know what I'm doing but I sure like doing it.

liquidsn
Learning to Wiggle

Post by liquidsn » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:01 am

scottmfr
Common Wiggler

Post by scottmfr » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:44 pm

stephentrask wrote:Can someone tell me what power brick the 104hp version ships with? I seem to have lost mine.
It's the Meanwell GSM90A-15.

stephentrask
Veteran Wiggler

Post by stephentrask » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:57 pm

scottmfr wrote:
stephentrask wrote:Can someone tell me what power brick the 104hp version ships with? I seem to have lost mine.
It's the Meanwell GSM90A-15.
Thank you.
i don't know what I'm doing but I sure like doing it.

theartstrip
Learning to Wiggle

Post by theartstrip » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:12 pm

I have the exact same weight. Their 3kg is a dream, not a reality ...

Picture file

Intellijel, fake advertisers... :bang: :mad:

vytis wrote:EDIT: Bathroom scale isn't the most accurate piece of equipment.

-----

I've just bought an Intellijel 7U 104hp Stealth Case seduced by its advertised light weight. On Intellijel's own website it is listed as 3.0 kg w/ Lid and Power Adapter.

However, after unpacking I have put it on a weighing scale and to my surprise it actually showed 4.2 kg without the power adapter.

Dragonaut
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Dragonaut » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:58 pm

I don't know where you guys think you're going to find a lighter case...
https://soundcloud.com/acaciabridge (IDM, Ambient, Bass, Downtempo)
www.instagram.com/dr_science_phd (synths, hikes, and views.)

peripatitis

Post by peripatitis » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:01 pm

Dragonaut wrote:I don't know where you guys think you're going to find a lighter case...
That is not the point though..

funkyjunky
Wiggling with Experience

Post by funkyjunky » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:03 pm

:doh:
Last edited by funkyjunky on Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

vytis
Veteran Wiggler

Post by vytis » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:35 pm

Thanks for confirming this theartstrip. :tu:

I returned my Intellijel case purely because I though false advertising was inexcusable.

I was made to feel like I was just an overreacting 'gram-counter' with broken scales...

Intellijel, this is FALSE ADVERTISING - please at least admit it.
Your dealers should be made aware of this too. :despair:

hawkfuzz
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by hawkfuzz » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:45 pm

:bang:

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:46 pm

I understand the principle here, however I have to question, the difference in 'weight' means what?

intellijel
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by intellijel » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:16 pm

vytis wrote:Thanks for confirming this theartstrip. :tu:

I returned my Intellijel case purely because I though false advertising was inexcusable.

I was made to feel like I was just an overreacting 'gram-counter' with broken scales...

We showed you a photo of an industrial grade shipping scale with our case + meanwell on it verified that weight we posted. Now I made a video to show you the process we used.

It is entirely possible that this scale may require recalibration or is not as accurate in lower range but we have never had any reason to doubt that this scale was inaccurate. We use it daily for a multitude of shipments with all the major couriers (who all re-weigh our shipments). Therefore I used this as the data to post on our site.

How is this in any shape or form false advertising? If I get a chance to measure these with another commercial grade scale (no bathroom/kitchen scale) and the values are different then I will be happy to update our website data.

On a side note: anyone who picks up one of these cases in person is consistently impressed with how light they feel. Once you put modules in it the weight is going to be wildly different anyhow.

[video][/video]
Last edited by intellijel on Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jmeisse
Common Wiggler

Post by jmeisse » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:19 pm

I think the kitchen scale people should be held up to the same ethical levels; it's easy to shout FALSE ADVERTISING but what about LIBEL?

bwhittington
Terrifying Brain Secret

Post by bwhittington » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:32 pm

What if you just pull the rubber foot off a little to even the legs? Maybe put a little something inside the foot to fill the void?
man_hands wrote:Image
Close up of right leg when bottom left of case is weighted.

yellowecho
Wiggling with Experience

Post by yellowecho » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:18 pm

I'm still interested in the black case as my next case. Anyone know if the 1U modules will ever be available with black faceplates?

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:41 pm

yellowecho wrote:I'm still interested in the black case as my next case. Anyone know if the 1U modules will ever be available with black faceplates?
I would like to assume Intellijel might be open to this considering they have discussed the change in their panel printing process, however I believe they have mentioned in the past that even in 3U, black panels aren’t something they will be doing

yellowecho
Wiggling with Experience

Post by yellowecho » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:48 pm

cackland wrote:
yellowecho wrote:I'm still interested in the black case as my next case. Anyone know if the 1U modules will ever be available with black faceplates?
I would like to assume Intellijel might be open to this considering they have discussed the change in their panel printing process, however I believe they have mentioned in the past that even in 3U, black panels aren’t something they will be doing
My OCD would be extremely grateful

Hovercraft
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Hovercraft » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:18 pm

yellowecho wrote:
My OCD would be extremely grateful
Most of the 1U modules are straightforward--you could lightly sand, and spray paint the faceplates with black enamel.

propertyof
Wiggling with Experience

Post by propertyof » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:55 pm

intellijel wrote:
vytis wrote:Thanks for confirming this theartstrip. :tu:

We showed you a photo of an industrial grade shipping scale with our case + meanwell on it verified that weight we posted. Now I made a video to show you the process we used.

It is entirely possible that this scale may require recalibration or is not as accurate in lower range but we have never had any reason to doubt that this scale was inaccurate. We use it daily for a multitude of shipments with all the major couriers (who all re-weigh our shipments). Therefore I used this as the data to post on our site.

How is this in any shape or form false advertising? If I get a chance to measure these with another commercial grade scale (no bathroom/kitchen scale) and the values are different then I will be happy to update our website data.

On a side note: anyone who picks up one of these cases in person is consistently impressed with how light they feel. Once you put modules in it the weight is going to be wildly different anyhow.

[video][/video]
I’m very curious. I wish someone with the bathroom scale wouldn’t mind to spare their time to possiblly re-check it with another “commercial/industrial grade” scale too. Maybe try to bring it to the nearest post office & check with their scale? :despair:

rew_
Wiggling with Experience

Post by rew_ » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:01 am

lol false advertising yeah I think I'm gonna go with the company that regularly responds to customer complaints on this forum, ships their products all over the world, and contracts with industrial manufacturers over the folks taking smartphone photos of their bathroom scales.

I own two Intellijel cases, I didn't buy them because of weight thresholds and as such haven't (and won't) weigh them. They're great cases. The idea that Intellijel is some bad-faith vendor in the modular community doesn't pass the smell test.

Dragonaut
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Dragonaut » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:27 am

peripatitis wrote:
Dragonaut wrote:I don't know where you guys think you're going to find a lighter case...
That is not the point though..
I should have just stayed out of it but let me clarify: Vytis is saying they were seduced by the light weight advertised by Intellijel and now they are going to return it because of false advertising.

Anyone that handles this case knows that this as light of a product as anyone would feel comfortable putting thousands of dollars worth of electronics in. Personally, I would be happier with a bit thicker metal. A couple more pounds even.

To me it seems an odd reason for us to pick up our pitchforks but to each their own.
https://soundcloud.com/acaciabridge (IDM, Ambient, Bass, Downtempo)
www.instagram.com/dr_science_phd (synths, hikes, and views.)

radin
Common Wiggler

Post by radin » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:43 pm

I really can't believe this. The next thing you are going to tell us is that Intellijel's Dixie in LFO mode doesn't cycle at the stated rates with the caveat that you used a sun dial to measure.

exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by exper » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:46 pm

That 1.2oz really makes a difference in competitive case racing. :hihi:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
FS/T Mackie QU-16C Digital Mixer/Interface
FS/T: Goike Folding Case / Grayscale Panels
FS/T: Intellijel 1U Midi & Audio IO
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

vytis
Veteran Wiggler

Post by vytis » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:00 pm

exper wrote:That 1.2oz really makes a difference in competitive case racing. :hihi:
56 oz to be correct. Thank you.

exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by exper » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:14 pm

vytis wrote:
exper wrote:That 1.2oz really makes a difference in competitive case racing. :hihi:
56 oz to be correct. Thank you.
Ha my fault. I didn’t see that it was kg.
FS/T Mackie QU-16C Digital Mixer/Interface
FS/T: Goike Folding Case / Grayscale Panels
FS/T: Intellijel 1U Midi & Audio IO

Return to “Eurorack Modules”