MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Intellijel cases?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Author New Intellijel cases?
scottmfr
Voggg wrote:
does the unpowered 4U case have side power access, or do you have to use a power entry module? (I have an intellijel psu)

It does not have the side power entry so you would need to use one of the power inlet modules.

These are also now discontinued.
Tumulishroomaroom
Are they ? I bough a 104hp new somewhat recently. I think only the 84hp have been discontinued, but I could be wrong.
versipellis
Has anyone tried attaching a shoulder strap to their 7U cases, similar to how Erica Synths did it with theirs?

https://www.ericasynths.lv/shop/enclosures/travel/travel-case/

I know Intellijel has gig bags (https://intellijel.com/shop/cases/gig-bag-7u-84hp-104hp/) but it's $109 for a bag for an already-expensive case neutral
scragz
versipellis wrote:
Has anyone tried attaching a shoulder strap to their 7U cases?

exper
It's too bad, because initially there was a strap that was included the the 7u cases. Not sure why it was discontinued.
drherb_1216
I have the 7u 104 case with several 1u tiles. What are some of everyone’s favorite 1 u tiles?
cackland
Quadratt, mult
scragz
drherb_1216 wrote:
I have the 7u 104 case with several 1u tiles. What are some of everyone’s favorite 1 u tiles?

Audio I/O is a must to make use of the built-in jacks. Then I got 2x Quadratts and a Noise Tools in mine. Quadratts are mega useful, noise tools gets the job done and puts off GAS for Utra Random Analog. For most of them I would prefer that the 1U row was in the middle.
Foghorn
Steppy 1U looks very useful.
I don't have one though.
The Noise tools 1U is useful for me.
It has Clock, Random Pulse, Analog Noise , Sample and Hold plus Slew.
And the Noise tools is only $100 US

Foghorn
morgulbee
What I really like about the Intellijel 1U modules is they are significantly less expensive than their 3U counterparts, as well as being able to use the built-in jacks and giving a bit more room for other 3U modules.

My 7U case currently has these 1U modules: buffered mult, noise tools, quadratt, audio I/O. I have 6hp empty, thinking of adding a USB power to plug in my Keystep.

When the new input and output modules become available, I might replace the audio I/O with an output module. I haven't really used the input half of audio I/O yet. Maybe that will free up enough space for something else useful.
scragz
morgulbee wrote:
When the new input and output modules become available, I might replace the audio I/O with an output module. I haven't really used the input half of audio I/O yet. Maybe that will free up enough space for something else useful.

I've found it really useful to have a two way connection to my interface, if for nothing else than for easily updating firmware on so many of the modules that are updated via playing an audio file (MI, 4ms).
versipellis
exper wrote:
It's too bad, because initially there was a strap that was included the the 7u cases. Not sure why it was discontinued.

Was it ever officially sold? I don't remember seeing one.
versipellis
scragz wrote:
versipellis wrote:

LMAO, I uh.. never expected _this_.
cackland
I had a strap with one case! Just got another and the strap was missing.b
Tumulishroomaroom
I had the strap with my case (first run) but when you used it the metal parts where too sharp and would cut into the strap after a little while. I mentionned this to Intellijel and they told me they were aware of the problem and that they were coming out with proper bags to remedy this. So now that the bags have been out for a while they may have ditched the strap ?
scottmfr
scragz wrote:
versipellis wrote:

Is that Ashton Kutcher?

Tumulishroomaroom is right. I was told the strap was just too unreliable to sell, so they had to stop including it.

The gig bag is a way better solution anyway. You get the shoulder strap, but it also protects the case from scratches in transportation and gives you a place for your power supply, spring tanks, headphones, extra cables, and other accessories.

Quadratt is super useful in any system. Noise Tools too. Steppy is just a ton of fun to use. Zeroscope is great for tuning your modules if you can't hear them for whatever reason.
Hovercraft
I got a couple of the early cases that included the shoulder straps, and they were more of a liability than a help. I traveled with one of the cases using the shoulder strap, and it came close to failing from that single trip. Even if the strap worked well, it was too easy for the unprotected case to bang against surfaces during the course of travelling. I got the soft cases as soon as they were available, and they're fantastic for gigging--well worth the reasonable cost.
Bath House
Does anyone know the status of these things, availability wise? I haven't seen them in stock anywhere for months.
Hovercraft
Bath House wrote:
Does anyone know the status of these things, availability wise? I haven't seen them in stock anywhere for months.

Perfect Circuit has the 84HP cases in stock.
scottmfr
The 7U 84HP Stealth Black is available on the Intellijel web shop.
https://intellijel.com/shop/cases/104hp-84hp-7u-performance-case/
Sinamsis
Bath House wrote:

Ha, I guess they must be selling quickly. I know Detroit Modular is expecting a shipment soon as are most retailers.

As an aside, has anyone come up with a solution for joining two 7U cases, but allowing them to fold patched similar to the TTA folding cases? Or even two foldings 6U cases with a 4U case in the middle? That would be something I'd pay good money for.
kisielk
Sinamsis wrote:
Bath House wrote:

Ha, I guess they must be selling quickly. I know Detroit Modular is expecting a shipment soon as are most retailers.

As an aside, has anyone come up with a solution for joining two 7U cases, but allowing them to fold patched similar to the TTA folding cases? Or even two foldings 6U cases with a 4U case in the middle? That would be something I'd pay good money for.

I really doubt many would want this in practice. Apart from being really bulky, it would be quite heavy once filled with modules. It’s a lot easier to just carry the cases separately in two separate bags.
Sinamsis
kisielk wrote:
Sinamsis wrote:
Bath House wrote:

I really doubt many would want this in practice. Apart from being really bulky, it would be quite heavy once filled with modules. It’s a lot easier to just carry the cases separately in two separate bags.

Ha I would. A folding 14U is relatively light and while not ideal for long trips and certainly not for air travel, moving a system as one unit fully patched is a very desirable thing. The joining system is nice but leaves everything exposed. I suspect it’s also a lot more awkward to carry. Ha I don’t want to bring up the whole weight debacle again, but the 7U is one of my lightest cases and very compact. It’s why I’m looking for a second.
scragz
An Octalink 1U (or two) is also an option if you don't have *too much* cross contamination between the cases.
NoMod
Hi,

by chance I've found a quick way to lift up my 7u: cheap and ugly.

On the desktop these two sanding blocks are surprisingly stable. I've just removed some mm’s to create a notch to put the stands in.

Cheers
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Page 16 of 17