MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Intellijel cases?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Author New Intellijel cases?
pugix
Here's how it looks now.

The support section has two Disting, a Pico VCO, and a 2hp Rnd. There was room for Rings. SlayerBadger!
fever606
So, I guess the NAMM announcement of the refreshed 84hp Performance Case and the new 104 Performance Case goes to the short stock of both the 4u and 7u cases... I was going to get a 4u104, but if the 84 Performance is going to come in at $500 now that is somewhat more appealing... hmmm.....
nrg242
yeah same here. was eyeing a mantis, but with the price drop on the 7u84, its very tempting. just hope its not underpowered.
fever606
Yeah I'm wondering about that too... "new power supply" was mentioned, I hope that doesn't translate to less power...
radamant
Danjel says specifically in the Sonicstate video that it will have less power, but doesn't stay any specs. TBQH the current case has a LOT of power. Mine is filled up and I think I'm at around 50% usage
fever606
Not to be picky, but he says "we're going to change the power supply in these ones and drop the price" with his hand resting on the 84 Performance Case.

The assumption is that the PS will put out less power, but it's good to know that a full case is only tapping half the currently available juice! I'm totally okay with reduced power in that case! w00t
kisielk
It won't be a new power supply, just the TPS30MAX instead of the TPS80. You will still be able to request the case with the TPS80 if you really need that much power.
brandnewmath
I hope the 7U/104HP case's power supply has more than 20 connectors on the busboard. I was considering the 7U/84HP case at one point but eventually decided to turn elsewhere because my plans called for more connectors and I didn't want to mess with extenders etc.
fever606
kisielk Thanks for the clarification!
radamant
fever606 wrote:
Not to be picky, but he says "we're going to change the power supply in these ones and drop the price" with his hand resting on the 84 Performance Case.

You are right. I remembered incorrectly.

kisielk thanks for the info!
nrg242
thanks for the info. good to know that your filled case has power to spare. now it'll just be a decision btw 84hp or 104hp.
zer0point
They said "a few months" in the NAMM videos, but I was wondering if there was a firmer ETA for the 7U/104hp cases?
kisielk
zer0point wrote:
They said "a few months" in the NAMM videos, but I was wondering if there was a firmer ETA for the 7U/104hp cases?

Nope. There's still some design work to do and then the actual manufacturing of the parts..
sauflesautres
Does anyone know if linking 4x 4u cases like in this picture is going to work ?
https://www.facebook.com/Intellijel/photos/a.282715905177742.69181.159 216090861058/1009761309139861/?type=3&theater

I'm about to start expanding my system and i'm really tempted to do it this way. Many small cases would work better than a huge case for me.
exper
sauflesautres wrote:
Does anyone know if linking 4x 4u cases like in this picture is going to work ?
https://www.facebook.com/Intellijel/photos/a.282715905177742.69181.159 216090861058/1009761309139861/?type=3&theater

I'm about to start expanding my system and i'm really tempted to do it this way. Many small cases would work better than a huge case for me.

Do you have another example pic? That one won't load for me. I think I've seen 3x 4u cases attached, and you could probably add one smaller set of brackets for 4x.

Have you considered the 7u cases? You can stack those also, and you have the benefit of being more portable.
sauflesautres
Here is the picture :

Thanks for the 7u case suggestion smile

I have considered the 7u case but they do not have enough power connectors for all the modules i want to use. Many are 4hp so my next 104hp row is already around 16-18 modules. From what i understand, adding something like a flying busboard cable will break the star topology of the power distribution. Please note that i do not really understand what this means but it seemed like it was a bad idea.

Portability is not really needed.
pugix
sauflesautres wrote:

Thanks for the 7u case suggestion smile

I have considered the 7u case but they do not have enough power connectors for all the modules i want to use. Many are 4hp so my next 104hp row is already around 16-18 modules. From what i understand, adding something like a flying busboard cable will break the star topology of the power distribution. Please note that i do not really understand what this means but it seemed like it was a bad idea.

Portability is not really needed.

I think it would be possible to install two TPS30 MAX power supplied in a 7U case. That would be almost equivalent to the TPS80W, and would have 40 headers. I would contact Intellij and ask about it.
Huddlemuff
I just want to add that I have the 84hp 7U and loaded it with a lot of smaller modules... to make a fully poly 4 voice with 4 dixies and a lot of the WMD/SSF stuff... anyway I ran out of headers for my 2nd row, and use a flying bus and have had no problem with power distro... I would suggest getting the bigger power supply. It could handle two 104hp rows. Another idea would be to get the smaller power supply and then something like the Endorphine Shuttle Control that can do double duty as another power source. IMHO guinness:
Huddlemuff
Oh here is the rack btw:

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/372938

And I mounted my dixies upside down so I could use little cables and have quick access to the octive switches.
Parmesan
Some time ago I got the 84hp 7U from a local retailer and it had many scratches on the inside and outside of the case and lid (I think that was one of the first batches). Sent it back.
I'm thinking about repurchasing it but I felt that the quality and price balance wasn't really nice (I guess if you buy it in Canada/USA they are cheaper). It was so nicely lightweight though.
sauflesautres
I went with the 4u 104hp case after all, thanks for everyone's suggestions. It got me thinking about different planning for the future. I might use the 4u to hold smaller modules and use a 7u case for others.

I was surprised at the weight of the 4u case. It's built like a tank and i certainly feel i got my money's worth when comparing to other locally available cases.

I guess it all depends on where you live and what dealers have in stock.
koyl
Huddlemuff wrote:
Oh here is the rack btw:

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/372938

And I mounted my dixies upside down so I could use little cables and have quick access to the octive switches.

Nice rack and tip ! I might do that with my Dixie2+ as well... Thanks !
whocat
I consider 84hp 7U performance case. The only thing is it has only 20 slots on the busboard. What is the way to have more connectors? Are you using some extenders?
oscillateur
I added a 4ms passive busboard to mine, works fine...

The modules on the 4ms board do not benefit from the star grounding/etc. but everything works for me. Put sensitive things (digital modules for example) on the main board and all should be fine.
whocat
thanks thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Page 3 of 17