New Intellijel cases?

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., luketeaford, lisa, Kent

Post Reply
User avatar
jdkee
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:25 pm
Location: Chicago

Post by jdkee » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:40 pm

First world problems.

peripatitis

Post by peripatitis » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:17 pm

I am amazed that people are attacking the guys who weighted their case and found it different than spec.
If you are interested about Intellijel's reputation just weigh your case instead of trying to ridicule them.
But arguing what "light" means in the general scheme of things, doesn't help neither our fellow wigglers or Intellijel..

User avatar
vytis
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 537
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:30 am

Post by vytis » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:44 pm

I was the one who weighed my case and found it to be 57% heavier than advertised. As a result I am being attacked...
'gram-counters'
'kitchen scale people'
'first world problems'
etc

Danjel - I don't believe this was intentional in any way and I feel bad seeing how this thread has derailed. As I have said multiple times, I think you make some of the coolest modules and some of the coolest cases. However...
intellijel wrote:It is entirely possible that this scale may require recalibration or is not as accurate in lower range but we have never had any reason to doubt that this scale was inaccurate.
I strongly believe there's a reason to doubt now. At least two customers found your case to be 57% heavier than advertised. That's quite a difference. Perhaps the whole problem here is because your commercial grade scale is not accurate in lower range?

IMHO it is really easy to solve this. If you don't trust kitchen scales (mine are accurate to the gram but hey who am I!)... Then please take the suitcase to your local post office and weigh it there. Done.

Your potential customers are mislead by your advertising claims that the Stealth case + PSU weighs 3 kg which it totally does not. Perhaps the majority don't care, but those who regularly take their modular on the road find this factor important. I was looking for a super light case and 3 kg seemed like the answer, but sadly, found out that a 3kg 7U 104hp case just doesn't exist.

Thank you very much.

Peace. :chug:

User avatar
radin
Common Wiggler
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:32 pm
Location: San Francisco

Post by radin » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:57 pm

What a spaz. The morality police equipped with highly technical food scale...

User avatar
vytis
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 537
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:30 am

Post by vytis » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:04 pm

OK. I'm out.
:boat:

22tape
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1083
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: Yer mammy's dusty vibraphone

Post by 22tape » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:52 pm

vytis wrote:OK. I'm out.
:boat:
I don't blame you. Fanboy pitchforks come out in an instant around here. I miss the old muffs :deadbanana:

yellowecho
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 295
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 1:20 pm

Post by yellowecho » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:47 pm

22tape wrote:
vytis wrote:OK. I'm out.
:boat:
I don't blame you. Fanboy pitchforks come out in an instant around here. I miss the old muffs :deadbanana:
Seriously. I don't understand what the hubbub is about. It's not like Vytis mentioned it out of malice or anything. The weight doesn't bother me but it could be a problem for others so it's worth discussing!

User avatar
Sinamsis
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 4400
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:36 am
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by Sinamsis » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:08 pm

22tape wrote:
vytis wrote:OK. I'm out.
:boat:
I don't blame you. Fanboy pitchforks come out in an instant around here. I miss the old muffs :deadbanana:
Yup. Rational discussions seem to be scarce these days.

User avatar
JES
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Montreal

Post by JES » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:20 pm

It seems downright risky to add a measurement question to this thread but...

For the 7U cases, the ad copy says the feet allow you to set it at two different angles, but I have only seen one angle pictures. Could a kind owner snap a couple shots of the two positions?

Also, could someone please tell me the distance between the front edge of the case and the back of the feet in the two positions? I've got 9" to work with on a table (but it can extend over the end, no problem).

TIA!
"Now, I'm off to hook my cat's litterbox up to an envelope follower." --Aragorn23

User avatar
Hovercraft
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1253
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:22 am
Location: DC

Post by Hovercraft » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:23 pm

JES wrote:It seems downright risky to add a measurement question to this thread but...

For the 7U cases, the ad copy says the feet allow you to set it at two different angles, but I have only seen one angle pictures. Could a kind owner snap a couple shots of the two positions?

Also, could someone please tell me the distance between the front edge of the case and the back of the feet in the two positions? I've got 9" to work with on a table (but it can extend over the end, no problem).

TIA!
Quick measurements--- 9.75 inches in high position, 12 inches in low position--measured from middle of supporting leg to front edge. Don't think I'd put the case on a 9" depth table without something securing the case.

User avatar
rew_
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 473
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:32 pm
Location: Chicago

Post by rew_ » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:51 pm

vytis wrote:IMHO it is really easy to solve this. If you don't trust kitchen scales (mine are accurate to the gram but hey who am I!)... Then please take the suitcase to your local post office and weigh it there. Done.
If you don't trust the industrial scales please take the suitcase to your local post office and weigh it there. Feels like the burden is kind of on you here?

User avatar
JES
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Montreal

Post by JES » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:11 am

Hovercraft wrote:
JES wrote:It seems downright risky to add a measurement question to this thread but...

For the 7U cases, the ad copy says the feet allow you to set it at two different angles, but I have only seen one angle pictures. Could a kind owner snap a couple shots of the two positions?

Also, could someone please tell me the distance between the front edge of the case and the back of the feet in the two positions? I've got 9" to work with on a table (but it can extend over the end, no problem).

TIA!
Quick measurements--- 9.75 inches in high position, 12 inches in low position--measured from middle of supporting leg to front edge. Don't think I'd put the case on a 9" depth table without something securing the case.
Thank you! Exactly what I needed to know
"Now, I'm off to hook my cat's litterbox up to an envelope follower." --Aragorn23

User avatar
vytis
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 537
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:30 am

Post by vytis » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:42 am

FIY:

Intellijel have quietly updated their specs and the 7U case is now listed as "3.8 kg w/ Lid and Power Adapter"

So after all they seem to agree that it wasn't actually 3.0 kg as previously advertised? Still not 4.2 kg (actual weight), but at least in that direction.

You can call me names and shame me all you want - all I did was point out that the specs were inaccurate and misleading. Intellijel finally seem to agree. Even though they won't admit it in public.

Peace.

User avatar
propertyof
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 321
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:58 pm

Post by propertyof » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:43 am

Thanks for pointed it out vytis! :tu:

I’m sorry I couldn’t support your findings earlier, still too lazy/couldn’t find time so far, to take out all of my modules and bring my empty case to the post office to scale it.

teamhobson
Common Wiggler
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:26 am

Post by teamhobson » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:34 am

rew_ wrote:
vytis wrote:IMHO it is really easy to solve this. If you don't trust kitchen scales (mine are accurate to the gram but hey who am I!)... Then please take the suitcase to your local post office and weigh it there. Done.
If you don't trust the industrial scales please take the suitcase to your local post office and weigh it there. Feels like the burden is kind of on you here?
The burden is on Intellijel, actually.

Thank you for pointing this out vytis. I'm sure intellijel aren't trying to pull the wool over customers eyes.

User avatar
intellijel
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2067
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:39 pm
Location: Vancouver

Post by intellijel » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:51 am

Good grief!!!

I already supplied video and photo evidence of us weighing the case. Do you really think we have some evil mastermind plan to sell more cases by underreporting the weight? People buy our cases because of the quality build and features.

I also never denied there was a possibility the scale could be slightly off, even if this is an unusual thing to happen. How many other eurorack companies are weighing their products on multiple different scales? Would you have?

Have you also been weighing each individual module from every manufacturer to make sure that they are accurate too? This is a far greater determinant of the total system weight anyhow.

We increased the posted weight on the site because of your feedback. We would rather over-report than under-report what the weight is in the event that our scales may be slightly off.

However you are trying to exacerbate the situation and make it unnecessarily difficult.. We either leave the weight as measured and then you falsely accuse us of deception or we increase the weight and then you claim we are being sneaky for changing it.

peripatitis

Post by peripatitis » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:39 am

intellijel wrote:Good grief!!!

I already supplied video and photo evidence of us weighing the case. Do you really think we have some evil mastermind plan to sell more cases by underreporting the weight? People buy our cases because of the quality build and features.

I also never denied there was a possibility the scale could be slightly off, even if this is an unusual thing to happen. How many other eurorack companies are weighing their products on multiple different scales? Would you have?

Have you also been weighing each individual module from every manufacturer to make sure that they are accurate too? This is a far greater determinant of the total system weight anyhow.

We increased the posted weight on the site because of your feedback. We would rather over-report than under-report what the weight is in the event that our scales may be slightly off.

However you are trying to exacerbate the situation and make it unnecessarily difficult.. We either leave the weight as measured and then you falsely accuse us of deception or we increase the weight and then you claim we are being sneaky for changing it.
You are doing the noble thing here by correcting the specs but
"unessarilly difficult" became the sittuation from the fellow wigglers being ironic and generally attaching Vytis for no apparent reason.

This is a reccurent sittiation btw around these forums and definetely not a healthy reaction. It hurts both users and developers from becoming better.

User avatar
Joey P.
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 378
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:55 am
Location: Washington DC

Post by Joey P. » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:48 pm

I could see the weight being an issue if, say you purchased a 7U to bring on the ISS....they have very strict weight requirements for personal items. Then you would be stuck in orbit with nothing to wiggle!

peripatitis

Post by peripatitis » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:16 pm

Joey P. wrote:I could see the weight being an issue if, say you purchased a 7U to bring on the ISS....they have very strict weight requirements for personal items. Then you would be stuck in orbit with nothing to wiggle!
Which is of course what every manufacturer out there has in mind when the y include weigth it in the case's specs...

User avatar
cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2197
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:42 pm
Location: Los Angeles, California

Post by cackland » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:35 am

I have to agree with Intellijel here. Their doings was justified, not that it matters.

I think vytis should focus more on his wiggling skills rather than calling out a manufacturer based on their measurements.

Someone needs attention I feel, hence the comeback comment.

peripatitis

Post by peripatitis » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:19 am

Nothing to see here..

Voggg
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:53 pm
Location: Washington DC

Post by Voggg » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:37 pm

does the unpowered 4U case have side power access, or do you have to use a power entry module? (I have an intellijel psu)

User avatar
rean1mator
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 317
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:51 am
Location: oakland, ca

Post by rean1mator » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:19 pm

Haha OCD is very real thing that inflicts thousands...
approximately 2.3% of the population apparently

User avatar
f33d
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 311
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:13 am
Location: Europe
Contact:

Post by f33d » Mon May 20, 2019 3:21 pm

lol, I have another "dimensions" question.
what is the length between two power supply mounting holes exactly?
I would like to mount a malekko power inside an intelli 7u 104 case & the malekko has 31,06mm between mounting holes...
thanks.

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1834
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:33 am
Location: Texas

Post by damase » Mon May 20, 2019 5:21 pm

f33d wrote:lol, I have another "dimensions" question.
what is the length between two power supply mounting holes exactly?
I would like to mount a malekko power inside an intelli 7u 104 case & the malekko has 31,06mm between mounting holes...
thanks.
not sure exact length but i did this and i know they dont line up, youll have to drill a couple more holes into it for the malekko power.

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”