MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Intellijel cases?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author New Intellijel cases?
astromooses
Didn't see it posted anyone peep these new Intellijel cases? They look beautiful! love

https://twitter.com/DayPolyester/status/673250465413402624

Not all images showing up in browser, here are more: http://imgur.com/a/nFZAb
phosfiend
Yeah, really looking forward to hearing about them in more detail. I have a design in mind that would use 3+ of them in a semi-portable folding case...

Plus I think there was mention of the ability to mount/customize aspects of them with the external rails/fin things.
ju4n
There is a pretty rigurous discussion on these going on in the 'news from intellijel' thread. They look pretty great! Curious to see their 1u line.
StanleyHiller
Ya these look awesome.
astromooses
ju4n wrote:
There is a pretty rigurous discussion on these going on in the 'news from intellijel' thread. They look pretty great! Curious to see their 1u line.

Thanks, I was wondering why I didn't already see a thread about these. d'oh!
silkynight
phosfiend wrote:
Yeah, really looking forward to hearing about them in more detail. I have a design in mind that would use 3+ of them in a semi-portable folding case...

Plus I think there was mention of the ability to mount/customize aspects of them with the external rails/fin things.

There's new accessories on the way and probably a million ways to DIY your own with these cases. applause
High Wolf
Do we know how many hp's?
geremyf
48, 84 and 104. Pick your poison.
computer controlled
Nice!
NoSix
I like the concept of these new cases, but there's a couple of things that stand out for me:

Price: if the station 252 is any indication, they might be on the upper pricing range.

Power: I think they all use one tile for power to the busboard (could be wrong), if you start adding tiles you would quickly start running out of available connectors (unless you stick with unpowered tiles).
Umcorps
NoSix wrote:

Power: I think they all use one tile for power to the busboard (could be wrong), if you start adding tiles you would quickly start running out of available connectors (unless you stick with unpowered tiles).

Quoted for truth.

10 connectors isn't really enough for a 104 hp case - I used 12 in mine already without any tiles.

Also not sure about the wisdom of locating the power bus over to the right of the case. I'd rather it was more central. I can see modules located on the left of the rack needing extra long ribbon cables.
phosfiend
I don't think any of the specifics you guys are discussing have been revealed yet, I'm hopeful that these cases are as well considered as the rest of IJ products.

I saw some other photos with power entering the side of the case, so I think it's going to be flexible?

Also in terms of price, from IJ Facebook:

"All I can reveal is that they will be in full stock in a couple of weeks, the design is unique and offers some features no other cases in Euro have offered before, they are built like tanks and they are very affordable. We will post details within the next few days."
hawkfuzz
I wanna see the accessory that connect the cases...I'm curious if power can be distributed from one bus or needs one each.

As smart as these are, I'd imagine you can use one bus. Just wanna see it and I'll start buying them.
pugix
hawkfuzz wrote:
I wanna see the accessory that connect the cases...I'm curious if power can be distributed from one bus or needs one each.

As smart as these are, I'd imagine you can use one bus. Just wanna see it and I'll start buying them.

I just got the 104 HP case and I think it's very good. It's well-built (although whoever assembled the power switch did not fully seat the sta-con connectors). The power supply has 20 headers. That's something you don't see that often in a small case.

I got two of their 1U balanced line out tiles. These have a standard header and power cable. But I'm putting in PulpLogic tiles, with a distributor cable that drives six tiles from one Euro header.

To your question, I don't see how power could be distributed to another skiff. You would need to power them separately.
hawkfuzz
In the picture it looks like two screw go in each side of the bottom wall/rail, so if that piece is replaced with a piece the joins both cases and has rails in the right place and was full of holes for the connectors, it could be fine.
slumberjack
pugix wrote:
But I'm putting in PulpLogic tiles, with a distributor cable that drives six tiles from one Euro header.

regarding to another thread, pulplogic tiles don't fit into intellijel 1u rows.
how do you manage that?

best,
s
pugix
slumberjack wrote:
pugix wrote:
But I'm putting in PulpLogic tiles, with a distributor cable that drives six tiles from one Euro header.

how do you manage that?

best,
s

You're right, they don't. angry

So I've just ordered a bunch of tiles that won't fit. I don't get it. Why isn't the 1U tile a standard size. This really pisses me off.

I am going to return or sell this case and the two IntelliJ output modules. Can anyone explain to me why this information isn't made available before you buy the shit? Why wouldn't I assume that 1U is 1U?
exper
There are several '1u standards'.

Pulp Logic chose to design their tiles to only be compatible with lipless rails, whereas Intellijel chose to follow doeofer's standards of lipped rails which mean to stay with 1u, they'd have to slightly shorter. Then there's the wildcard 1u modules some of which are bigger (Monome's case uses somethung like a 1.25u) different power connectors (vermona supposedly used the same size as pulp logic, but uses standard euro power headers), etc.

This thread has lots of discussion:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=154392

Basically, because Intellijel's cases are extruded aluminum, the rails are built in. In order for the case to exactly fit in 4u (so that rack ears can be added) the needed to design it this way.
Citizen Klaus
pugix wrote:
slumberjack wrote:
pugix wrote:

how do you manage that?

best,
s

You're right, they don't. angry

So I've just ordered a bunch of tiles that won't fit. I don't get it. Why isn't the 1U tile a standard size. This really pisses me off.

I am going to return or sell this case and the two IntelliJ output modules. Can anyone explain to me why this information isn't made available before you buy the shit? Why wouldn't I assume that 1U is 1U?

Here's an explanation based on a comment that I made in the "Intellijel 1U Info" thread linked by exper, revised to account for some helpful format-comparison analysis by widgetoz.

As I understand it, the reason for the difference goes back to the original creation of 1U tiles. Pulp Logic/Erthenvar were able to give themselves extra PCB and panel space for their tiles by pushing the rails out to the vertical limits of the 1U form factor. In the process, they wound up inadvertently making a 1U format more like PAiA's Frac Rack than like the Eurorack standard -- where the panels are scaled to take up the full height of the given number of rack units.

As Doepfer notes on their Mechanical Details page, Eurorack modules aren't exactly 3U tall (unlike Frac Rack modules, which are) -- they're actually approximately 5mm shorter than the full 3U of vertical height. (3U/Frac Rack = 133.35mm; Eurorack = 128.5mm). Doepfer did this to account for the extruded lips present on the Schroff rails that they use. If Eurorack modules were sized for the full 3U like Frac Rack modules, then a rack using Schroff rails wouldn't fit in 3U of rack space -- it'd be just slightly too big.

Getting back to 1U tiles, Pulp Logic/Erthenvar were able to size their tiles in a Frac Rack-like fashion, using the full 1U of vertical space, because they were using Vector rails, which don't have lips. If you used the Pulp Logic/Erthenvar hole spacing with lipped rails (Schroff, TipTop, etc.), you'd exceed 44.45mm of overall height, and the tile row would no longer fit into exactly 1U, just like a Eurorack module with Frac Rack-sized panels wouldn't fit into 3U if mounted to lipped rails.

Since Intellijel wanted or needed to use lipped rails for their cases, they had to make their 1U modules smaller than Pulp Logic/Erthenvar's in order for the entire package to still fit within 1U of rack space.
pugix
Thanks for the explanation. It does not help my predicament. I'm going to have to return or sell (at a loss) the brand new case and all the brand new tiles that don't fit.

And then I'll have to go looking for another case and power solution.

On the bright side, I'll probably end up with more modules. smile
slumberjack
tbh to me these cases don't seem very 'intelligent' if you only can use their modules.
deStrict
I'm looking for a performance case.
Interesting
PolarIceCaves
pugix
If you bought it from intellijel I'd return it to them for your full purchase price.

They mislead you.
kjellb
Could someone with a 4U case please measure the exact possible depth for a module in the area with no busboard?
exper
kjellb wrote:
Could someone with a 4U case please measure the exact possible depth for a module in the area with no busboard?

From the website:

Quote:
Max. internal depth for modules: 70 mm
Internal depth for modules over top of the power bus board (at highest ): 53 mm
kjellb
It might be deeper than 70mm. External measurement is 81.3mm.
Trebbers
PolarIceCaves wrote:
pugix
If you bought it from intellijel I'd return it to them for your full purchase price.

They mislead you.

That's a bit strong. Hopefully Intellijel or the retailer will accept a return as the issue is an understandable misunderstanding, but there's no 1U standard and no representation the case is compatible w/Pulp Logic/Erthenvar tiles.
pugix
exper wrote:
kjellb wrote:

From the website:

Quote:
Internal depth for modules over top of the power bus board (at highest ): 53 mm

I measured and found 70 mm is accurate for no bus board. I measured to the top of a seated power header and got about 48 mm. That is your maximum module depth over the bus board.
pugix
Trebbers wrote:
PolarIceCaves wrote:
pugix

They mislead you.

That's a bit strong. Hopefully Intellijel or the retailer will accept a return as the issue is an understandable misunderstanding, but there's no 1U standard and no representation the case is compatible w/Pulp Logic/Erthenvar tiles.

I don't feel misled. There's detail missing from a lot of module maker web sites. We should lobby Intellij to add that bit of info, though.
pugix
After losing some sleep over this, I've taken a decision.

It's going to be too much trouble and expense to return the case. I'm seeing if I can return the Pulp Logic tiles.

Luckily I'm still planning the support modules for this mostly-Mutable Instruments box. I'm adding the Intellijel Quadratt tile to replace the attenuators and offsets from Pulp Logic and a Makenoise LxD to replace the Pulp Logic vactrol VCAs. My hope to fit a Three Sisters filter was dashed. But the Pole Zero should be fine.

I wish Intellijel had more interesting tiles. Even blind panels.

GoneCaving
pugix wrote:

I wish Intellijel had more interesting tiles. Even blind panels.

They've definitely said on one of the threads that there are more tiles in the planning. I agree that blanks would be useful in the meantime.
modernage
pugix wrote:

It's going to be too much trouble and expense to return the case. I'm seeing if I can return the Pulp Logic tiles.

Luckily I'm still planning the support modules for this mostly-Mutable Instruments box. I'm adding the Intellijel Quadratt tile to replace the attenuators and offsets from Pulp Logic and a Makenoise LxD to replace the Pulp Logic vactrol VCAs. My hope to fit a Three Sisters filter was dashed. But the Pole Zero should be fine.

I know this is a bit off topic, but if you ditched the Nanorand you would have room for your Three Sisters. I don't know if you would miss the Nanorand that much in a case that already has a Wogglebug, plus a Peaks and Disting (which can also do randomy things). Just something to think about. Another option would be swapping the mixer for another Quadratt.
kjellb
I measured and found 70 mm is accurate for no bus board. I measured to the top of a seated power header and got about 48 mm.

Thanks a lot.
boboter
Are these cases available in Europe yet?
maltemark
boboter: I want them to be!
johnwynberg
boboter wrote:
Are these cases available in Europe yet?

Now available at Cymru Beats: http://cymrubeats.com/shop/

Good prices, too. Very tempting, but for now I don't want to keep expanding. I'll consider again once Intellijel releases the 7U case and some more interesting 1U modules.
pugix
modernage wrote:
pugix wrote:

I know this is a bit off topic, but if you ditched the Nanorand you would have room for your Three Sisters. I don't know if you would miss the Nanorand that much in a case that already has a Wogglebug, plus a Peaks and Disting (which can also do randomy things). Just something to think about. Another option would be swapping the mixer for another Quadratt.

You have a good idea. I already bought the Pole Zero, so I'm going to see how I like it. Did not spring for the Nanorand or Disting yet, but still leaning towards both. I want two independent clocks. Peaks is as much a clock consumer as generator. And I don't want to use the Disting for a clock very often. Nanorand looked like the most interesting 4 HP clock generator around.
billyk419
brilliant design...wish i hadn't just bought a bento box confused
Biff
I though I read on this subject somewhere (the search doesn't seem to be working), but can the 7u case accommodate the medium spring tank (or small). Also take my money yet??
kisielk
1U blank panels are now available from the Intellijel web shop:

https://intellijel.com/product/1u-blank-panel/
Citizen Klaus
Biff wrote:
I though I read on this subject somewhere (the search doesn't seem to be working), but can the 7u case accommodate the medium spring tank (or small). Also take my money yet??

I asked a similar question in a different thread. Here's kisielk's response:

kisielk wrote:
Citizen Klaus wrote:
Question for kisielk (or anyone):

Will the 7U 84HP have enough room inside for internal mounting of Springray tanks? Thinking of maybe picking up one of these cases with tax-return money once they're released.

Yes you can fit a springray tank. The case depth is 80mm (same as our 4U cases) and the power supply only occupies one row.

More specifically, here are the dimensions of the three tanks used by the Springray:

Large - Accutronics 9BB2C1B (16.75"L x 4.375"W x 1.313"H)

Medium - Accutronics 8BB2C1B (9.25"L x 3.375"W x 1.313"H)

Small - Accutronics Blue Reverb AMC2BF3 (5.315"L x 1.969"W x 1.26"H)

So, based on my back-of-the-napkin math, the inside of the 7U case should be able to accommodate either a large tank or a medium + small. (Or possibly a large + small if you get really creative with the positioning, but don't count on it.)
Biff
That's awesome, thanks. Springray is my favorite, nice to know I'll be able to fit the small and med tank.
pugix
kisielk wrote:
1U blank panels are now available from the Intellijel web shop:

https://intellijel.com/product/1u-blank-panel/

Thanks! I just ordered a couple.
debolish
For those of you using the Intellijel 104hp case on your desk, I found this MOSSLANDA picture shelf at Ikea to be an excellent compliment. It measures 21.75 inches. I added 4 adhesive rubber feet to the bottom to keep it from moving when patching, and added a few small adhesive rubber feet to the angled part of the case for the same purpose. Enjoy!

[/img]
COMZ
I was looking to take the tile plunge myself, this case now looks like a maybe option. What is the limitation with this case using non-Intellijel tiles, is it strictly form factor/fit?
Hovercraft
COMZ wrote:
I was looking to take the tile plunge myself, this case now looks like a maybe option. What is the limitation with this case using non-Intellijel tiles, is it strictly form factor/fit?

Yes, non-Intellijel 1U tiles are too big for the Intellijel cases. So far, the selection of Intellijel 1U modules is underwhelming--especially considering the incompatible form factor. Planned on buying two of the 7U cases. but holding off until I see significantly more 1U modules available.
maltemark
I'm thinking to buy some blank intellijel 1u panels and start building using pcbs and kits already available for the old pseudo-1u format
dc_Sux
Citizen Klaus wrote:
Biff wrote:

kisielk wrote:
Citizen Klaus wrote:

Will the 7U 84HP have enough room inside for internal mounting of Springray tanks? Thinking of maybe picking up one of these cases with tax-return money once they're released.

Yes you can fit a springray tank. The case depth is 80mm (same as our 4U cases) and the power supply only occupies one row.

More specifically, here are the dimensions of the three tanks used by the Springray:

So, based on my back-of-the-napkin math, the inside of the 7U case should be able to accommodate either a large tank or a medium + small. (Or possibly a large + small if you get really creative with the positioning, but don't count on it.)

A potentially daft question, but how would you mount a tank in one of these cases? Presumably you wouldn't drill through the aluminium??
exper
dc_Sux wrote:
Citizen Klaus wrote:
Biff wrote:

kisielk wrote:
Citizen Klaus wrote:

A potentially daft question, but how would you mount a tank in one of these cases? Presumably you wouldn't drill through the aluminium??

You could use strong double sided tape (works for me just fine).
kisielk
Yes, double sided tape works well. The thicker spongy kind is particularly good. The third tank can also be taped to the inside of the lid.
pugix
Here's how it looks now.

The support section has two Disting, a Pico VCO, and a 2hp Rnd. There was room for Rings. SlayerBadger!
fever606
So, I guess the NAMM announcement of the refreshed 84hp Performance Case and the new 104 Performance Case goes to the short stock of both the 4u and 7u cases... I was going to get a 4u104, but if the 84 Performance is going to come in at $500 now that is somewhat more appealing... hmmm.....
nrg242
yeah same here. was eyeing a mantis, but with the price drop on the 7u84, its very tempting. just hope its not underpowered.
fever606
Yeah I'm wondering about that too... "new power supply" was mentioned, I hope that doesn't translate to less power...
radamant
Danjel says specifically in the Sonicstate video that it will have less power, but doesn't stay any specs. TBQH the current case has a LOT of power. Mine is filled up and I think I'm at around 50% usage
fever606
Not to be picky, but he says "we're going to change the power supply in these ones and drop the price" with his hand resting on the 84 Performance Case.

The assumption is that the PS will put out less power, but it's good to know that a full case is only tapping half the currently available juice! I'm totally okay with reduced power in that case! w00t
kisielk
It won't be a new power supply, just the TPS30MAX instead of the TPS80. You will still be able to request the case with the TPS80 if you really need that much power.
brandnewmath
I hope the 7U/104HP case's power supply has more than 20 connectors on the busboard. I was considering the 7U/84HP case at one point but eventually decided to turn elsewhere because my plans called for more connectors and I didn't want to mess with extenders etc.
fever606
kisielk Thanks for the clarification!
radamant
fever606 wrote:
Not to be picky, but he says "we're going to change the power supply in these ones and drop the price" with his hand resting on the 84 Performance Case.

You are right. I remembered incorrectly.

kisielk thanks for the info!
nrg242
thanks for the info. good to know that your filled case has power to spare. now it'll just be a decision btw 84hp or 104hp.
zer0point
They said "a few months" in the NAMM videos, but I was wondering if there was a firmer ETA for the 7U/104hp cases?
kisielk
zer0point wrote:
They said "a few months" in the NAMM videos, but I was wondering if there was a firmer ETA for the 7U/104hp cases?

Nope. There's still some design work to do and then the actual manufacturing of the parts..
sauflesautres
Does anyone know if linking 4x 4u cases like in this picture is going to work ?
https://www.facebook.com/Intellijel/photos/a.282715905177742.69181.159 216090861058/1009761309139861/?type=3&theater

I'm about to start expanding my system and i'm really tempted to do it this way. Many small cases would work better than a huge case for me.
exper
sauflesautres wrote:
Does anyone know if linking 4x 4u cases like in this picture is going to work ?
https://www.facebook.com/Intellijel/photos/a.282715905177742.69181.159 216090861058/1009761309139861/?type=3&theater

I'm about to start expanding my system and i'm really tempted to do it this way. Many small cases would work better than a huge case for me.

Do you have another example pic? That one won't load for me. I think I've seen 3x 4u cases attached, and you could probably add one smaller set of brackets for 4x.

Have you considered the 7u cases? You can stack those also, and you have the benefit of being more portable.
sauflesautres
Here is the picture :

Thanks for the 7u case suggestion smile

I have considered the 7u case but they do not have enough power connectors for all the modules i want to use. Many are 4hp so my next 104hp row is already around 16-18 modules. From what i understand, adding something like a flying busboard cable will break the star topology of the power distribution. Please note that i do not really understand what this means but it seemed like it was a bad idea.

Portability is not really needed.
pugix
sauflesautres wrote:

Thanks for the 7u case suggestion smile

I have considered the 7u case but they do not have enough power connectors for all the modules i want to use. Many are 4hp so my next 104hp row is already around 16-18 modules. From what i understand, adding something like a flying busboard cable will break the star topology of the power distribution. Please note that i do not really understand what this means but it seemed like it was a bad idea.

Portability is not really needed.

I think it would be possible to install two TPS30 MAX power supplied in a 7U case. That would be almost equivalent to the TPS80W, and would have 40 headers. I would contact Intellij and ask about it.
Huddlemuff
I just want to add that I have the 84hp 7U and loaded it with a lot of smaller modules... to make a fully poly 4 voice with 4 dixies and a lot of the WMD/SSF stuff... anyway I ran out of headers for my 2nd row, and use a flying bus and have had no problem with power distro... I would suggest getting the bigger power supply. It could handle two 104hp rows. Another idea would be to get the smaller power supply and then something like the Endorphine Shuttle Control that can do double duty as another power source. IMHO guinness:
Huddlemuff
Oh here is the rack btw:

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/372938

And I mounted my dixies upside down so I could use little cables and have quick access to the octive switches.
Parmesan
Some time ago I got the 84hp 7U from a local retailer and it had many scratches on the inside and outside of the case and lid (I think that was one of the first batches). Sent it back.
I'm thinking about repurchasing it but I felt that the quality and price balance wasn't really nice (I guess if you buy it in Canada/USA they are cheaper). It was so nicely lightweight though.
sauflesautres
I went with the 4u 104hp case after all, thanks for everyone's suggestions. It got me thinking about different planning for the future. I might use the 4u to hold smaller modules and use a 7u case for others.

I was surprised at the weight of the 4u case. It's built like a tank and i certainly feel i got my money's worth when comparing to other locally available cases.

I guess it all depends on where you live and what dealers have in stock.
koyl
Huddlemuff wrote:
Oh here is the rack btw:

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/372938

And I mounted my dixies upside down so I could use little cables and have quick access to the octive switches.

Nice rack and tip ! I might do that with my Dixie2+ as well... Thanks !
whocat
I consider 84hp 7U performance case. The only thing is it has only 20 slots on the busboard. What is the way to have more connectors? Are you using some extenders?
oscillateur
I added a 4ms passive busboard to mine, works fine...

The modules on the 4ms board do not benefit from the star grounding/etc. but everything works for me. Put sensitive things (digital modules for example) on the main board and all should be fine.
whocat
thanks thumbs up
mathomas
I just got mine in a few days ago. Long term plan (I think) is to get a second and link them as shown on the Intellijel site. Very nice quality, IMO. Has a precision and minimalism that matches Intellijel's panel designs, but might be a bit cold for people that prefer a more organic presentation. A matter of taste.

A few minor disappointments, though the first one was the only surprise:

* I wish the built-in legs could tilt the unit higher. Max is probably not much more than 30 degrees.
* I would prefer shrouded headers.
* The TPS80 power supply doesn't offer any more headers than the TPS30 (20 total). I went with the 30 because it seems to have enough power for my needs, and there was no header count advantage to the 80. Time will tell if this was a good trade-off.

Pics from night of arrival:

https://flic.kr/p/TiW1hq

le_palace
for those with the 7u performance case....

does the thing stand upright on its own? i see it stands with the lid attached... but without the lid, is it stable? i don't imagine so but curious as this case may mean i need to upgrade my surface area as well. meaning vinyl crates and plywood.
kisielk
le_palace wrote:

does the thing stand upright on its own? i see it stands with the lid attached... but without the lid, is it stable? i don't imagine so but curious as this case may mean i need to upgrade my surface area as well. meaning vinyl crates and plywood.

I wouldn't recommend it, it's pretty tipsy without the lid when stood up on end. It's not really designed to be used in that orientation. You could probably build some feet for it that would slot into the case, or use a stand of some sort.
billyk419
Any idea when some 4U 104HP case will be available in the US again? Been checking for a couple weeks and everywhere seems to be sold out of them hmmm.....
IntervoxOptima
Question- do these cases come with M3 screws? I only have M2.5 at the moment and I have both 7u and 4u 84hp cases coming to me. Thanks!
kisielk
To answer some recent questions about the cases:

4U 104hp cases - Currently sold out. Another batch is being made right now. eta ~6-8 weeks.
7U 84hp cases - We got the new batch in and they are ready to go.
7U 104hp cases - Currently in manufacturing, eta ~6-8 weeks.

The cases don't include M3 screws since most manufacturers ship them already.
IntervoxOptima
Thanks for the reply! I wish that was mentioned in the details though. Now I have to scramble to get screws so I can install my modules. Not all modules have M3 screws, especially if you're trading or buying used.
neonmercury1
kisielk wrote:
To answer some recent questions about the cases:

4U 104hp cases - Currently sold out. Another batch is being made right now. eta ~6-8 weeks.
7U 84hp cases - We got the new batch in and they are ready to go.
7U 104hp cases - Currently in manufacturing, eta ~6-8 weeks.

The cases don't include M3 screws since most manufacturers ship them already.

Super excited to get one of the 7u 104 (if i can) thanks for the update! I
le_palace
thanks for the response kisielk one more question before i decide on my purchase:

what ever happened to 7U soft cover? (to add padding and protect from scratches) i saw a post from Danjel from a different 'Intellijel new modules' thread that they were being designed.. but that was months ago.
kisielk
le_palace wrote:
thanks for the response kisielk one more question before i decide on my purchase:

what ever happened to 7U soft cover? (to add padding and protect from scratches) i saw a post from Danjel from a different 'Intellijel new modules' thread that they were being designed.. but that was months ago.

They are also in production. Should be available around the same time as the 104hp cases.
hez
kisielk wrote:
le_palace wrote:

They are also in production. Should be available around the same time as the 104hp cases.

Where's the best place for me to keep an eye out for updates on 7u 104hp availability in Europe? Intellijel facebook page? Interested in grabbing one (or maybe two...) but noticed the 84hp version has been extremely difficult to find over here so I need to make sure I'm on the ball...
oscillateur
kisielk wrote:
le_palace wrote:

When would that be ?

Edit : noticed your previous post, so in 6-8 weeks then ?
Will there be any shortage of these, i.e. do I need to reserve one or something ? I really want that cover for my case...
oscillateur
le_palace wrote:

I use a small guitar stand with mine, which works pretty well and gives me a good angle too (and some space underneath, enough to put a skiff, tabletop synth, mixer, etc.).
kisielk
oscillateur wrote:
kisielk wrote:
le_palace wrote:

When would that be ?

Edit : noticed your previous post, so in 6-8 weeks then ?
Will there be any shortage of these, i.e. do I need to reserve one or something ? I really want that cover for my case...

No need. We will have plenty. 7U 84hp, 7U 104hp and 4U 104hp sizes.
Swain Voorman
Do these Intellijel cases use Mean Well power supplies that cause problems for modules such as Rene?
kisielk
Swain Voorman wrote:
Do these Intellijel cases use Mean Well power supplies that cause problems for modules such as Rene?

Over a year ago we switched to a different series (GSM-) of MeanWell power supplies that have worked fine with Rene and Pressure Points in our testing. We've had no reported problems from customers.
Swain Voorman
kisielk wrote:
Swain Voorman wrote:

Over a year ago we switched to a different series (GSM-) of MeanWell power supplies that have worked fine with Rene and Pressure Points in our testing. We've had no reported problems from customers.

Excellent, thanks!
grammarcoast
I run a Rene in an intellijel 4u 104 and no problem at all
maltemark
7U 104 has landed, according to instagram
kisielk
maltemark wrote:

Still waiting for the power supplies smile
silkynight
MY ASS IS BLEEDING Dust cover ?!! Also for 4u 84hp?
creativesounds
kisielk wrote:
maltemark wrote:

How about now? hihi

i.just.cant.wait.any.longer.
exper
creativesounds wrote:
kisielk wrote:
maltemark wrote:

How about now? hihi

i.just.cant.wait.any.longer.

https://forum.intellijel.com/t/7u-104hp-performance-case-update/18
Tumulishroomaroom
Could someone with two 7u cases linked together could give me an estimation of the total height ?
exper
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
Could someone with two 7u cases linked together could give me an estimation of the total height ?

If no one else chimes in I can measure it when I get home from work.
Tumulishroomaroom
Well actually the dose of laziness on this one is high since I already have one and only had to add 32cm... Do the separate legs offer the same angle as the ones included in the case ? 30% or so ? Thanks for chiming in !
spudboyblues
Anyone heard anything new about the 104hp 7U's, other than the announcement at NAMM?
Trebbers
https://forum.intellijel.com/t/7u-104hp-performance-case-update/18

Sounds like they'll be available soon. Has a new psu with more headers.
Shwaj
Nice! More headers will be welcome.
whoaskedme
Thank god they made a 104hp option. I even thought of building a 7u case myself!
NoLegs
Any idea on pricing?
Struggle
I also wish the 7U tilted at a higher angle for desktop use, but been using one of these to hold my 84hp and it works great. I reckon it would be fine for the 104hp as well. I have another supporting my heavy Little Phatty so they are very sturdy and fold up quite nicely too.
NoLegs
Struggle wrote:
I also wish the 7U tilted at a higher angle for desktop use, but been using one of these to hold my 84hp and it works great. I reckon it would be fine for the 104hp as well. I have another supporting my heavy Little Phatty so they are very sturdy and fold up quite nicely too.

Got any pics of yours in use?
Struggle
NoLegs
Thanks! That looks like just what I've been searching for.
Struggle
NoLegs wrote:

My pleasure! It's a really versatile stand. You have to adjust the width a bit so the rubber stoppers aren't blocking any of the ins/outs on the back. Those things can get a pretty tight grip on things so it's pretty secure. Also worked really well for my Vermona Perfourmer.
neonmercury1
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWp6NmRH83K/?taken-by=intellijel&hl=en

updates updates updates!!!
RGB
When will intellijel ship the 7u 104hp cases to US retailers? They have been up for sale on their website for a month....
hawkfuzz
Struggle wrote:
NoLegs wrote:

My pleasure! It's a really versatile stand. You have to adjust the width a bit so the rubber stoppers aren't blocking any of the ins/outs on the back. Those things can get a pretty tight grip on things so it's pretty secure. Also worked really well for my Vermona Perfourmer.

Where'd you get the stand?!
Struggle
hawkfuzz wrote:
Struggle wrote:
NoLegs wrote:

Where'd you get the stand?!

Sweetwater
22tape
I don't suppose the 1u rails can be replaced with vector rails for PL tiles?
StringEmil
Does anyone know if the 42hp can be battery powered?
sauflesautres
StringEmil wrote:
Does anyone know if the 42hp can be battery powered?

You probably have to do that kind of stuff yourself. I see on the side of my 104hp 4u case that it accepts between 15v and 18v. Maybe you could hook up a battery like a 4s Lipo for RC cars to that connector. But I'm really not qualified to tell if it might cause problems. Only thing i can tell is to be careful to not discharge too much any Lipo type battery so read up first before just trying that.

That's my free (and maybe bad) advice for maximum portability.
mathomas
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
Well actually the dose of laziness on this one is high since I already have one and only had to add 32cm... Do the separate legs offer the same angle as the ones included in the case ? 30% or so ? Thanks for chiming in !

The "joiners" set the case at a markedly lower angle than the highest setting of the built-in legs. I wish they held it a bit more upright, but it's fine in actual use. It helps that the case is relatively shallow, as that keeps the modules at a reasonable eye-level (depending upon your work surface and chair).

Here's a photo with one of my cases sitting on the built-in legs, but with the joiners attached. You can see how much lower the case would sit on the joiners.

darkscorched
Thanks!!

mathomas wrote:
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:

The "joiners" set the case at a markedly lower angle than the highest setting of the build-in legs. I wish they held it a bit more upright, but it's fine in actual use. It helps that the case is relatively shallow, as that keeps the modules at a reasonable eye-level (depending upon your work surface and chair).

Here's a photo with one of my cases sitting on the built-in legs, but with the joiners attached. You can see how much lower the case would sit on the joiners.

Tumulishroomaroom
Very useful picture actually, thank you !
mathomas
Glad to help. I really enjoy these cases.

Miley Cyrus
soggybag
sauflesautres wrote:
Here is the picture :

I love that case. it's got a greta Sci-Fi look. I feel like i just unfolded it on mars and am preparing to broadcast to earth.

With that out of the way practical concerns come to mind. Seems there are too many 1U rows here. I'm not sure I could find modules to fit. I feel like I would end up with odd spaces left over.
exper
soggybag wrote:
sauflesautres wrote:
Here is the picture :

I love that case. it's got a greta Sci-Fi look. I feel like i just unfolded it on mars and am preparing to broadcast to earth.

With that out of the way practical concerns come to mind. Seems there are too many 1U rows here. I'm not sure I could find modules to fit. I feel like I would end up with odd spaces left over.

Actually you should be fine. I have 2x84hp cases and have all but 20hp of the 1u filled. And remember, those don't have the midi and audio jacks on the back, so you'll need those 1u modules as well.
sauflesautres
I feel there's a lot of potential for more utility modules in 1u so i hope Intellijel will continue to make more. I made some 1u passive highpass filters to remove bass on some tracks when using my WMD performance mixer. Would have bought some if they already existed.

I'm also thinking about installing some regular height 4hp modules sideways in there too. Some 4hp modules are not too complex so should be useable sideways. Wonder if anyone made an adapter yet ?
22tape
22tape wrote:

Anyone mind if I quote myself? hihi
sauflesautres
22tape wrote:
22tape wrote:

Vector rails have no lip, is this correct ?

Just took a look at my 4u case, the lips are built in a part of the case. So i would say it would require you to modify the case. Don't know if the part with the lip is something you can just remove and replace or is it required grinding the case down. I don't want to remove all my modules and take apart my case...
22tape
sauflesautres wrote:
22tape wrote:
22tape wrote:

Vector rails have no lip, is this correct ?

Just took a look at my 4u case, the lips are built in a part of the case. So i would say it would require you to modify the case. Don't know if the part with the lip is something you can just remove and replace or is it required grinding the case down. I don't want to remove all my modules and take apart my case...

Great, thanks for that. Yes, vector rails have no lip. Yeah, I'm not sure it's worth the trouble of modifying the case. hmmm.....
Sanys
that 7u case looks good. i will consider it
Hovercraft
There, there--those soft cases will be arriving any day...any day now....
kisielk
Soft cases are here, available in three sizes. Check out the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqk2cGjpcWg&feature=youtu.be
fnordboy
kisielk wrote:
Soft cases are here, available in three sizes. Check out the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqk2cGjpcWg&feature=youtu.be

Wonder if a Mantis would fit nicely in that bag.
Hovercraft
Fantastic--looks like they're nicely made. Would be nice to see these (and the 7U 104HP cases) at US retailers.
SmokyClap
Man, the other day I almost pulled the trigger on the stealth 7U 104hp case even though I do NOT in any way shape or form need a new case right now.
NoLegs
I’m really butthurt I bought a silver 104hp case right when they came out. I would’ve waited for a stealth case. Hell, all the modules I put in it are black, too. very frustrating very frustrating very frustrating very frustrating
intellijel
re: NoLegs I still personally think the silver looks better.

Our next batch will be silver but if there is enough interest we will do more stealth ones in a few months.
intellijel

Infinity Curve
I have 2 of the stealth 104 cases on the way. I'm weak Mr. Green
hawkfuzz
Looks great. I hope there's interest. I want one but can't atm. I'll settle for silver if I have to but the black is really what I want.
intellijel

nolongerhuman
The stealth cases are incredible looking. I'll need a new case next month, hoping they are still around. Not a huge fan of the silver but the black... that's just too tempting.
RGB
Hovercraft wrote:
Fantastic--looks like they're nicely made. Would be nice to see these (and the 7U 104HP cases) at US retailers.

+1

Looks like intellijel was cashing in on the initial hype (i.e profit margin) by exclusively selling through their own website before sending to retailers.
mattsb
Quote:
The stealth cases are incredible looking. I'll need a new case next month, hoping they are still around. Not a huge fan of the silver but the black... that's just too tempting.

Agreed. The silver ones look good and are sooo functional, but the black ones are just sooo much sexxier.
Phase47
Silver! @ Intellijel, when will be shipping the 104HP 7U Performance case to US Retailers?!
intellijel
RGB wrote:
Looks like intellijel was cashing in on the initial hype (i.e profit margin) by exclusively selling through their own website before sending to retailers.

That is absolutely false. We have been selling all our cases through dealers worldwide since the day they were released. It is up to the individual dealer if they decide to get stock but sometimes it also depends on what we are able to supply. Whenever we can we try to give dealers advance notice of new products too.

Since these are larger items to ship some dealers only get a small quantity at a time and often with the 7U cases they have sold out quickly. We also hand assemble these in house and it is quite labor intensive so there is a limit to how many we are able to ship out per week. Typically larger items like this are less likely to show up in Europe stores as quickly as North American ones.

The cases have been a labor of love to some degree since it is a personal passion of mine to work on mechanical/industrial designs and I often ignore the tooling and labor costs that go into these types of endeavors. For me the most important thing is that it results in something that I personally want to use and enjoy both functionally and aesthetically.
plainjanefrancis
Woah. I've never checked out these intelijel cases. Kind of regretting it now. I have a doepfer a100 wooden case coming tomorrow. Now I'm thinking.... Hmm that black stealth case looks pretty incredible...
hawkfuzz
RGB wrote:
+1

This is horrifically uninformed. Just think about how manufacturing is going to ship to the company...and then the company will do final QC and then it goes to dealers.
NoLegs
intellijel wrote:
re: NoLegs I still personally think the silver looks better.

Our next batch will be silver but if there is enough interest we will do more stealth ones in a few months.

Oh I know, but I'm just a sucker for black. It's a great case nonetheless and looks wonderful in silver, too.
Diabolik!
NoLegs wrote:
I’m really butthurt I bought a silver 104hp case right when they came out. I would’ve waited for a stealth case. Hell, all the modules I put in it are black, too. very frustrating very frustrating very frustrating very frustrating

same. the black was announced the day after my silver one came in the mail. the silver still looks pretty awesome though, kind of like a piece of medical equipment
peripatitis
I have one of these (silver) and i am very happy with them! If i have one critic is that i would prefer the 1u section in the middle.
Anyway to see the stealth version but indeed the silver looks better imo.

Speaking of 1u's any news on that front ?? smile
Anechoic
intellijel wrote:

it is a personal passion of mine to work on mechanical/industrial designs

Why does the stealth version have those bumpers on the lid edges/corners, and the silver doesn't?
intellijel
Anechoic wrote:
Why does the stealth version have those bumpers on the lid edges/corners, and the silver doesn't?

The corners are a new part we had custom made (injection molded) and was first used on the Stealth cases which was also our most recent product run.

Our next batch of silver cases will have these as well.
Anechoic
intellijel wrote:
Anechoic wrote:

The corners are a new part we had custom made (injection molded) and was first used on the Stealth cases which was also our most recent product run.

hhhmmm - I barely had time to unpack the just-released silver 7u104hp, but would have happily gone for the black one instead, had I known, and now also wish it had the molded corners as well...
From the tetrapad thread
intellijel wrote:
we would rather wait and make sure the module is perfect than ship prematurely.

wish this would have applied to the 104hp cases as well.
intellijel
Anechoic wrote:

and now also wish it had the molded corners as well...
From the tetrapad thread
intellijel wrote:
we would rather wait and make sure the module is perfect than ship prematurely.

wish this would have applied to the 104hp cases as well.

When we made the silver cases the lids use a folded over corner style which is nice but due to the overlap we only had the option to do silver (clear) finishes.

As a result of this we designed the new corner piece which took a long time to get tooled and manufactured.

The black cases are the first ones we used them on and now we will use them for the silver cases to keep manufacturing simple i.e. only one style of lid and just color it differently.

I hardly think this qualifies as having released some imperfect version before!

It is a pretty minor and mostly cosmetic difference.
grep
peripatitis wrote:

I spotted a couple in a recent Intellijel instagram post. A Send/Return...
intellijel
grep wrote:
peripatitis wrote:

I spotted a couple in a recent Intellijel instagram post. A Send/Return...

We have a few to roll out any day now and some more interesting ones by namm. Waiting until they are ready to ship before official announcement.

It has been very fun to develop these 1U modules so far and we have plans for many more.
Anechoic
intellijel wrote:

It is a pretty minor and mostly cosmetic difference and also a small change on a product that has been out for over a year now.

The 7U104HP has not yet reached many retailers, which is why it’s odd to already see a revised version. And the choice of case is not only dictated by form and function, but also, in my opinion, by aesthetics. And colour is a pretty big component of that.
Anyhow, reading the background to the changes makes sense.
And it’s all just about a case!
intellijel
Anechoic wrote:
intellijel wrote:

It is a pretty minor and mostly cosmetic difference and also a small change on a product that has been out for over a year now.

The 7U104HP has not yet reached many retailers, which is why it’s odd to already see a revised version. And the choice of case is not only dictated by form and function, but also, in my opinion, by aesthetics. And colour is a pretty big component of that.
Anyhow, reading the background to the changes makes sense.
And it’s all just about a case!

When we build these cases we can only do batches of 100-200 at a time because they take up a lot of warehouse space and are time consuming to assemble. A lot of the fabrication is done locally but we do get some parts from Asia and this means planning things quite a long time in advance since they travel by boat. We have to decide on color and quantity well in advance.

A few months ago we reached out to all our retailers to let them know that black cases would be available soon and provided them with some pics. The response from retailers was fairly subdued so we only made 100 black cases to test the waters with. The response from users has been very positive and I think the retailers may have underestimated this. The next batch following this (currently being assembled) is back to silver but now that we know the black cases are popular we will plan another run of them in the near future.
Anechoic
Sure, I understand the lead time that is involved between planning, production and distribution. And I am happy that you go through that to provide products that many of us use and appreciate. At the same time I imagine you can understand that from some of your customers’ perspective this can look a little odd, to see changes made before the current batch even reaches most shelves.
hawkfuzz
very frustrating
peripatitis
intellijel wrote:
Anechoic wrote:

can these be fit on the older cases?
intellijel
peripatitis wrote:
intellijel wrote:
Anechoic wrote:

can these be fit on the older cases?

The metal work for the new lids is a bit different. The sheet metal does not overlap and there are slots cut into it that the corner parts mount into.

We could possibly sell just the lids on their own if people want to upgrade.

It may also be possible to modify your existing lid but the slots you would need to cut are pretty precise and it is probably not worth the trouble.
mattsb
Coming from a software background, I totally get the iterative development thing... The best way to improve something is to release it, get feedback, improve and release again, and repeat. Depreciation in the euro world is pretty minimal, so if you want the latest and greatest, it's not too pricey.

That being said, you can go too far and be like Elektron that ship the Digitakt with a lot of problems.

I do wish that the Tetrapad would ship though... More than happy to provide feedback for the next rev...

hihi
Paranormal Patroler
I'm still wondering if I'll be able to place 8hp modules horizontally on that 1U space. What's the actual effective space? Is it possible to remove the 1U rails?

I'm going to sell my studio cases and get a couple of the 104hp 7Us but I have no interest in tiles, I'd rather fit some 6-8hp modules there. Funnily enough at 104hp you can almost fit 4 X normal modules horizontally. Consider that for your 1U line Intellijel, it might be of interest to others as well, to offer something that would accommodate that without a need for modifications.
Trebbers
Built a DIY case w/a Intellijel 1U row - it's going to be dicey putting regular modules in the 1U space. 6U/8U modules def. wont fit between the rails if the PCBs are mounted parallel to the panel (unless it's a really narrow board). Even if the PCB is perpendicular, you're hosed if you have board or jacks too close the l/r edge. Also, there's a good chance that the mounting holes wont line up w/the threaded strip.
Paranormal Patroler
1U equals 8.7hp, have you ever tried placing an 8hp module there? Just curious if it's doable. Otherwise my question still stands, is it possible to remove the 1U rails from the cases?
peripatitis
So my 1u quadratt with no input present, in uni mode and completely closed down still sends an slight offset signal which can be annoying. Is there any way to calibrate the module?
Infinity Curve
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
1U equals 8.7hp, have you ever tried placing an 8hp module there? Just curious if it's doable. Otherwise my question still stands, is it possible to remove the 1U rails from the cases?

I am not sure this would be possible - the in between rails between the 2x 3U rows and the top 3U to the 1U row are combined into one piece, so you wouldnt be able to remove the bottom rail from the 1U without also removing the top rail for the 3U row below it since it's one piece

My Stealth cases arrived the other day, been loading them up bit by bit the last couple days. Should be done this evening and will post pictures. They are really nice!

One suggestion for the joiner pieces for connecting 2 cases together - for me, I would like to see a bit more of a slope back on the vertical case, as it is currently it's almost perfectly vertical, but I would like to see it sloped back slightly. Just makes for a better viewing angle when standing
Anechoic
Fwiw I would have liked for the Audio and Midi connections on the back to be the other way around, with Midi on the left and Audio on the right as that is how I generally think of signal flow.
pugix
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
I'm still wondering if I'll be able to place 8hp modules horizontally on that 1U space. What's the actual effective space?

I just tried an 8 hp blank panel in the 1U area. The panel is too wide to fit, by more than a tad.
pugix
peripatitis wrote:
So my 1u quadratt with no input present, in uni mode and completely closed down still sends an slight offset signal which can be annoying. Is there any way to calibrate the module?

Yes, I measure a small, negative voltage there, too. It adds up through the summing, too. I did not see any trim pots on the module.
thisoldhouse
I bought a quadratt yesterday and it produces a negative offset when fully CCW in uni mode as well.
thisoldhouse
Bought a 7u 104 hp case too. The older design. Was unaware there's another revised version. All cut edges on the sheet metal are quite sharp. But overall I'm really pleased with the case. It's nice and compact but also the lid is large enough to attach with cables still patched. And the ports on the side of the case are really handy.
neonmercury1
i too bought one of the first run of silver with the intention of painting black with spray bedliner. a little disappointed but not an issue. i do have issues with my 1u modules. it seems that both the quadratt acts as those stated above and my audio I/O if fully CCW goes to almost full gain after coming close to full kill. waah
peripatitis
pugix wrote:
peripatitis wrote:

Yes, I measure a small, negative voltage there, too. It adds up through the summing, too. I did not see any trim pots on the module.

thisoldhouse wrote:
I bought a quadratt yesterday and it produces a negative offset when fully CCW in uni mode as well.

Yes that is my experience as well! Fully closed it produces a negative offset..
filtermod
peripatitis wrote:
pugix wrote:
peripatitis wrote:

thisoldhouse wrote:

Just checked mine. It's minimal, but it's there. I rarely use it fully closed, but I'm wondering if there is an "Intellijel approved" way to remedy this behavior?
muddy ranks
Definitely leaning heavily toward the 104hp (although, I wish there was a 120hp option)... Below is a picture from the intellijel site and it has 24 power connectors. Can anyone who owns a 104 stealth confirm that theirs has as many? I've seen some posts saying 20, but being that I use a lot of smaller modules, and accounting for the row of 1U, 20 connections would be a deterrent. 24 even sounds low.

muddy ranks
Also, with the release of the stealth case, seems like the perfect time to start pumping out black panels, wouldn't ya think?
Trebbers
Can't sleep so of course I just pulled the trigger on a Stealth case from Perfect Circuit. It's peanut butter jelly time!

muddy ranks - The 7U 104HP cases all have the new boards w/more connectors.
BDProject
Quote:

Does that mean 24 connectors total? Are there separate ones for the 1U tiles? Really curious here!
ratchet
muddy ranks wrote:
Definitely leaning heavily toward the 104hp (although, I wish there was a 120hp option)... Below is a picture from the intellijel site and it has 24 power connectors. Can anyone who owns a 104 stealth confirm that theirs has as many? I've seen some posts saying 20, but being that I use a lot of smaller modules, and accounting for the row of 1U, 20 connections would be a deterrent. 24 even sounds low.

It has 28 connectors. You're missing the four (two either side) on the edges.
Trebbers
There's 28 connectors total. No separate/different connectors for the 1U tiles.
ratchet
BDProject wrote:
Quote:

Does that mean 24 connectors total? Are there separate ones for the 1U tiles? Really curious here!

28 in total. See above. No separate connectors for the 1u modules.
BDProject
That's perfect then thanks! Definitely getting one eek!
tross
A case is a last thing i need to change, but damn, they look very good
muddy ranks
My mistake. Yes, 28 as opposed to 24. d'oh! And yet, I still think more would be nice since you're likely to use 5-6 connectors just for the 1U row.

Again, though... Wouldn't it be great to get some black/stealth face plates to compliment the black/stealth case???
Tumulishroomaroom
True that 20 connectors on the 84hp is juuuust on the light side.
adh82
Can the 7u 104 and 4u 104 be connected together?
I'm thinking two sets of that would rock!
Even at 84hp x2
CF3
muddy ranks wrote:
My mistake. Yes, 28 as opposed to 24. d'oh! And yet, I still think more would be nice since you're likely to use 5-6 connectors just for the 1U row.

Again, though... Wouldn't it be great to get some black/stealth face plates to compliment the black/stealth case???

If you needed more headers and still had enough power left, you could always add one of the flying buss board cable thingies.
grep
filtermod wrote:
peripatitis wrote:
pugix wrote:
peripatitis wrote:

thisoldhouse wrote:

Just checked mine. It's minimal, but it's there. I rarely use it fully closed, but I'm wondering if there is an "Intellijel approved" way to remedy this behavior?

Yes, very minimal. Here is what I found:

A) -0.035V
B) -0.028V
C) -0.038V
D) +0.003V

These readings were taken after breaking the normal to isolate each output.
sytnax
I would like to get a silver 7U case with bumpers on lid corners just like the stealth cases. Is there any update on the release?
kisielk
sytnax wrote:
I would like to get a silver 7U case with bumpers on lid corners just like the stealth cases. Is there any update on the release?

There's a batch of silver ones being built right now.
SmokyClap
Just got my stealth the other day. The aluminum is kind of thin. I feel like if you give it a bump it may dent or scratch easily. Also, I thought they had rubber feet on the case and lid for standing case up but they don’t. Maybe the new bumpers took the place of the rubber feet. I feel like keyed headers should be a standard but, maybe there’s a legitimate reason for not using them that I’m not aware of.

Aside from those very, very minor details, I have to say I’m super happy with it especially for the price. It’s stunningly gorgeous and has a lot of functionality. Will be purchasing another one and connecting them with the joiner plates for sure.
muddy ranks
kisielk wrote:
There's a batch of silver ones being built right now.

Are there any plans to make black panels to go with the stealth cases. I can't tell you how effin' RAD that would be!
mathomas
I have three silver 84hp ones now, and hope to stop at four help

I love the 1U row, and the fact that they’re so minimal and have multiple lean angles, and can be joined and ...

wavedepletion
Are the carry handles on these removable by chance?

Looking at the 7U but I think I have just enough desk space for it to lay flat without the handle.
mathomas
wavedepletion wrote:

Looking at the 7U but I think I have just enough desk space for it to lay flat without the handle.

The handles are bolted on. Not sure how easily they will unbolt, but if they’ve been bolted they should be able to be unbolted. Bolt bolt bolt. :-)

However, the handle is nice to have. It’s really good for holding a lamp. And also carrying. Also if you lean the case up on its legs at their highest setting trigonometry might be your friend and the case might fit in the leaning position with the handle still attached. More ergonomic, too. The ergonomics is one thing I love about these cases (leave aside there should be more room between the cases when you join them).
nolongerhuman
Might there be plans to make the skiff cases in "stealth" black?

Also, are more of the 7U 104U cases being made in black?
wavedepletion
mathomas wrote:
wavedepletion wrote:

The handles are bolted on. Not sure how easily they will unbolt, but if they’ve been bolted they should be able to be unbolted. Bolt bolt bolt. :-)

Right, good to know. My primary usage is to serve as an expansion for my desktop rack, and a portable case when/if I need one (I don't typically). It would sit in front of the rack, so using the stand legs in this position would block access to the other rack behind it. But I do want a handle and legs for occasional standalone use. I guess I would just have to remove a few modules to bolt or unbolt the handle.

Waiting for black ones to come back in stock...
mathomas
wavedepletion wrote:
mathomas wrote:
wavedepletion wrote:

Right, good to know. My primary usage is to serve as an expansion for my desktop rack, and a portable case when/if I need one (I don't typically). It would sit in front of the rack, so using the stand legs in this position would block access to the other rack behind it. But I do want a handle and legs for occasional standalone use. I guess I would just have to remove a few modules to bolt or unbolt the handle.

Waiting for black ones to come back in stock...

Ahh, gotcha. Yeah, my guess is you might have to pull some modules to make handle removal work. I went downstairs to double-check the attachment mechanism for my original reply, but I wasn't about to pull out some modules last nite to get the whole story. I can after work today if you're interested.

Black with an all-black module setup would look incredibly bad-ass. I'm on the other extreme: silver with silver. And now that I have three silver ones, I can only have silver ones. Very matchey-matchey.
Trebbers
The handle is just connected with a standard nut. Might have to take the rails out to get at it though, as there's not a lot of clearance from any direction.
intellijel
Trebbers wrote:
The handle is just connected with a standard nut. Might have to take the rails out to get at it though, as there's not a lot of clearance from any direction.

The handles is attached internally with an M5 nloc nut and can be accessed without removing any rails but you would need to remove some modules. You just need a small wrench or vice grip to reach the nut.

The rest of the hardware on the cases is mostly M4 or M3 but the PSU is mounted with 4-40 hardware.
Estes
Where can I find 7u 84hp cases?
wavedepletion
mathomas wrote:
Ahh, gotcha. Yeah, my guess is you might have to pull some modules to make handle removal work. I went downstairs to double-check the attachment mechanism for my original reply, but I wasn't about to pull out some modules last nite to get the whole story. I can after work today if you're interested.

Black with an all-black module setup would look incredibly bad-ass. I'm on the other extreme: silver with silver. And now that I have three silver ones, I can only have silver ones. Very matchey-matchey.

Thanks for offering, I don't think it's necessary.

But yeah, all the modules I'm building right now are black-paneled, so it will be an all-black case. Except I'm not too sure what to do with the odd 1U row. It sounds like 1U modules are all conforming to incompatible specs across manufacturers. I don't really need it, but I guess I'll maybe do some custom re-paneling on the Intellijel modules.
Seaweed Sound
intellijel wrote:
It has been very fun to develop these 1U modules so far and we have plans for many more.

Any plans for 1U modules to link cases similar to Doepfer A-180-9? My use case is actually having studio CV & trig I/O on a trunk line going to a little patch panel within the Euro.

If you're shipping a lot of cases this could be a low R&D module that sells well.
Swain Voorman
Any updates on when fresh batch of cases will be available? Also, will next batch be silver only or will 104hp stealth be included as well?
intellijel
Swain Voorman wrote:
Any updates on when fresh batch of cases will be available? Also, will next batch be silver only or will 104hp stealth be included as well?

We have a ton built now in 84 and 104 but they are silver only for this batch.
We had a limited amount due to a small part shortage so these ones went out to dealers. The small part missing will arrive in a couple of days and then will be selling them on our site again (and any dealers who had backorders).
Swain Voorman
intellijel wrote:
Swain Voorman wrote:

We had a limited amount due to a small part shortage so these ones went out to dealers. The small part missing will arrive in a couple of days and then will be selling them on our site again (and any dealers who had backorders).

Cheers!
mekohler
intellijel wrote:
Swain Voorman wrote:

any update on 104hp availability?
jmelland
Hey Everyone, has anyone had problems with the plastic feet tearing up the finish on your desks? They are not very furniture friendly as is... They are just so hard and... well... plastic... Has anyone found a solution? I'm wondering if installing some large rubber feet like the ones you'd see on the make noise 7U cases would do the trick. Then it would be fine if you lay it flat, or if you use the angled stand...
mathomas
jmelland wrote:
Hey Everyone, has anyone had problems with the plastic feet tearing up the finish on your desks? They are not very furniture friendly as is... They are just so hard and... well... plastic... Has anyone found a solution? I'm wondering if installing some large rubber feet like the ones you'd see on the make noise 7U cases would do the trick. Then it would be fine if you lay it flat, or if you use the angled stand...

Something simple/stupid as black electrical tape, or even gaffer’s tape?
jmelland
I'm always moving mine around and I like more permanent solutions for something like this, so I actually installed some guitar amp feet on the four corners, and now the beast is perfect smile It's a DIY world right? Now no one has a case like mine : applause Miley Cyrus
mekohler
For the price, I'm pretty disappointed with my 104 7U...some of the 1U modules fit so tightly that trying to screw them in deforms the holes and scuffs the modules. There are a few rail holes that are bigger in size in the main rows, meaning some modules can only use 3 screws...
intellijel
mekohler wrote:
For the price, I'm pretty disappointed with my 104 7U...some of the 1U modules fit so tightly that trying to screw them in deforms the holes and scuffs the modules. There are a few rail holes that are bigger in size in the main rows, meaning some modules can only use 3 screws...

Two things:

1. The double rails are each installed with a single screw on either side. If the rail is slightly rotated forwards or backwards then the 1U section will seem like it is too tight. If you loosen the screws on either side of the rail you can rotate it. The actual position of these screw holes (i.e. the spacing of the 1U) is super precise since it is done by a CNC milling machine on the aluminum side cheeks.

2. Are you having a problem with the threaded inserts?
These have some play to move them within the rail left-to-right by a few mm so you can center them perfectly. Make sure not to tighten any screws until you have put your modules in and get things aligned (properly space your modules and slide the strips so the holes line up with the centers of the ovoid panel holes. It should work out perfectly.

The threading is for M3 screws (do not use 4-40!).
If you have a strip with some deformed holes then please let us know and we will send you a replacement strip.
mekohler
I think the issue is deformed holes as a few are visibly larger and that is where the screws will not catch, I will contact support for a replacement strip.

edit: rearranging 2 modules fixed the problem for now

case is lovely otherwise I was just frustrated getting things in today
nolongerhuman
Just curious if the black stealth cases would be going back into production any time soon. I find myself in the market for another case, and I dig the form factor on these.
mateo
For the currently available 7U 104HP cases, are the audio i/o jacks on the left or the right? Looking at the pics on the site it varies https://intellijel.com/7u-cases/.
CF3
mateo wrote:
For the currently available 7U 104HP cases, are the audio i/o jacks on the left or the right? Looking at the pics on the site it varies https://intellijel.com/7u-cases/.

They changed them from left to right. There was a post about this on the Intellijel forum. Actually I'm not happy about it. I'd MUCH rather have them on the right side. Guess I shoulda waited be before buying. confused
Swain Voorman
mateo wrote:

Top right when looking at the front of the case.
NoLegs
nolongerhuman wrote:
Just curious if the black stealth cases would be going back into production any time soon. I find myself in the market for another case, and I dig the form factor on these.

I'm curious as well. Hopefully soon!
mattsb
(edited to add quote for context)

NoLegs wrote:
nolongerhuman wrote:

I just ordered one at Moog Audio and they said they would have them in towards the end of February.
cackland
mattsb wrote:
(edited to add quote for context)

NoLegs wrote:
nolongerhuman wrote:

I just ordered one at Moog Audio and they said they would have them in towards the end of February.

Try Sweetwater. I ordered one back end of January, and recently got an email stating shipment would go out this week. Fingers crossed.
scrunday
Bump (request) for daisy chain adapter for powering multiple cases from single power source.
mattsb
cackland wrote:
Try Sweetwater. I ordered one back end of January, and recently got an email stating shipment would go out this week. Fingers crossed.

Just checked the web site. Nothing but Silver 7Ux84's to be seen. No black stealths (unless they are being extra stealthy to people visiting from Canada)
mathomas
scrunday wrote:
Bump (request) for daisy chain adapter for powering multiple cases from single power source.

That would be incredible! I have four of the cases now, though I seldom run them all at once.
chriscarter
Stealth cases update...

Apparently the 104hp black Stealths are due to drop mid March but it seems the 84hp Stealth case may not be appearing any time soon. I asked my UK dealer to check with Intellijel and this was (part of) his reply.

Quote:
They aren't doing 84hp versions unfortunately. They said they might do some 84hp in black but it would be much later in the year (and it's only a "might" at the moment)

So I just bought a silver 84hp - and I have a Stealth 104hp on back order for mid March. I must say I really like the build quality of the silver 84hp, exceptional.
Tumulishroomaroom
Yep they are incredible. I really need to get the bag for mine though.
rgcmusic
intellijel wrote:
mekohler wrote:

Two things:

1. The double rails are each installed with a single screw on either side. If the rail is slightly rotated forwards or backwards then the 1U section will seem like it is too tight. If you loosen the screws on either side of the rail you can rotate it. The actual position of these screw holes (i.e. the spacing of the 1U) is super precise since it is done by a CNC milling machine on the aluminum side cheeks.

2. Are you having a problem with the threaded inserts?
These have some play to move them within the rail left-to-right by a few mm so you can center them perfectly. Make sure not to tighten any screws until you have put your modules in and get things aligned (properly space your modules and slide the strips so the holes line up with the centers of the ovoid panel holes. It should work out perfectly.

The threading is for M3 screws (do not use 4-40!).
If you have a strip with some deformed holes then please let us know and we will send you a replacement strip.

I like how they are paying attention to the forum here. Nice! I'm definitely eyeing the black case when they start appearing in stores. I just sold my super heavy Pittsburgh case that was too large for me.
apfEID
Has anyone here traveled or gigged out a bunch with the stealth case?

Been evaluating the current batch of portable cases and I’m leaning in this direction because of the strength of the power supply, the threaded rails and the built in I/O.

But I’m curious how the case looks after a dozen gigs, just so I can get my expectations aligned correctly.
Tumulishroomaroom
Not the stealth, no gigs to speak of, but I've moved mine around extensively in the Parisian subway, with many unwanted dings and dongs on the barriers and it still looks pretty much new. I've since gotten the bag which is a major improvement though.

If what you're worried about is the black paint then I'm not a big help.
Hovercraft
apfEID wrote:
Has anyone here traveled or gigged out a bunch with the stealth case?

Been evaluating the current batch of portable cases and I’m leaning in this direction because of the strength of the power supply, the threaded rails and the built in I/O.

But I’m curious how the case looks after a dozen gigs, just so I can get my expectations aligned correctly.

I've played out a fair amount with one or two 7U cases, and have also traveled with one. They're still in great shape. I've had my cases for awhile, and only recently got the gig bags. The cases are aluminum and the covers have picked up some light scratches, but they look fine. I seriously recommend getting the gig bags--especially if you travel. I improvised a cover before the gig bag was available, and it was a pain.
apfEID
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
Not the stealth, no gigs to speak of, but I've moved mine around extensively in the Parisian subway, with many unwanted dings and dongs on the barriers and it still looks pretty much new. I've since gotten the bag which is a major improvement though.

That’s encouraging, I am interested in how easily the black scratches, not likely to be a deal breaker given the pros and cons, but just to have a good idea of what to expect.
note!
Has there been any consideration to adapt the 4U skiffs to connect with the 7U cases the same way a second 7U case does? I would LOVE to be able to throw another 4U of control modules above my 7U. That would be a dream!!
Tumulishroomaroom
Yep, if anyone has a good solution I'd definitely be down as well.
damase
apfEID wrote:

That’s encouraging, I am interested in how easily the black scratches, not likely to be a deal breaker given the pros and cons, but just to have a good idea of what to expect.

Ive got a stealth. Just be smart get the gig bag. In addition to scratch protection the bag also provides some weather protection, comfortable carrying, and extra pocket ls for the power supply or cabling.

Separate question:
Is anyone travelling with a 4u 84hp? What are you using to move it around while patched?
uebl
damase wrote:
apfEID wrote:

Ive got a stealth. Just be smart get the gig bag. In addition to scratch protection the bag also provides some weather protection, comfortable carrying, and extra pocket ls for the power supply or cabling.

Separate question:
Is anyone travelling with a 4u 84hp? What are you using to move it around while patched?

There are Intellijel gig bags for the larger 4U cases, too! https://intellijel.com/4u-cases/ - just click "accessories". edit: And I remember saying them in a YouTube clip that the 4U can be packed while being patched:
Audiodog
Has anyone attached two 7u 104s together using the intellijel connectors and attached a 4u to the front of the bottom case? Is that possible and do the angles work ok? Sort of like the idea of a 3 tier system taht i can take apart for transportation
Gyroscope
note! wrote:
Has there been any consideration to adapt the 4U skiffs to connect with the 7U cases the same way a second 7U case does? I would LOVE to be able to throw another 4U of control modules above my 7U. That would be a dream!!

Have you found out if this is possible? I'd love to add a 4U case to the 7U case I already have.
davidjames
apfEID wrote:
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:

FWIW...I recently took the 7U Stealth on a bus into NYC, a subway to Brooklyn, played the gig with the lid underneath the table leaning on my backpack, then a taxi all the way home. Not a scratch on it. I was somewhat careful with it along the way. My gig bag arrives today though and I'll be happy to have it, one less thing to worry about.
Pro Tip....if you're standing on the subway, be careful not to knock into people's knees. I caught a woman with the corner of the case, and then a hit a big scary dude on my way off the train. Dead Banana
3ric
Control Voltage has the 104hp 7u stealth cases in stock. Just ordered one and they are still showing as available.
paranoidmoonduck
chriscarter wrote:
Stealth cases update...

Apparently the 104hp black Stealths are due to drop mid March but it seems the 84hp Stealth case may not be appearing any time soon. I asked my UK dealer to check with Intellijel and this was (part of) his reply.

Good to know. Looking to get an 84hp soon and would have loved a black option, but won't wait around for it...
mekohler
Anyone have 2? What is the footprint when you stack them?
chriscarter
Apparently 104hp Stealths are in transit to UK now - landing at stores next week
mekohler
Waiting for the silver 104 7U's to be in stock eek!
colossus
Has anyone has issues with their Intellijel PS boards shorting against their Intellijel cases?? Just got a 42hp 4u and I thought the PS was dead (-12 wasn't lighting) until I loosened up the nylon nuts. It's working now but it kinda left me worried.
intellijel
colossus wrote:
Has anyone has issues with their Intellijel PS boards shorting against their Intellijel cases?? Just got a 42hp 4u and I thought the PS was dead (-12 wasn't lighting) until I loosened up the nylon nuts. It's working now but it kinda left me worried.

We did a limited amount of 42hp cases over a year ago and at the time the person who assembled them put the wrong size spacers on the bottom of the PSU (and then boxed them before our secondary person tested them)

We thought we had tracked down all the units for which this happened but there may have been a few that got to dealers before we noticed.
The solution is to unscrew the PSU and put slight thicker plastic washers underneath. We can definitely send these to you if needed, just contact support@intellijel.com
chriscarter
I just got a 104hp Stealth case - really nice, very pleased with it.

I have a µMIDI 1U connected to the MIDI/USB in/out board fine but does anyone know what the 3-pin white header on the board is for - what does it connect to? It's the one on the right of this photo.
chriscarter
on a related note...

on the µMIDI 1U what are these two 4-pin headers for on the right hand side of the board? I can't see any mention of them in the instructions.
mekohler
It says I2C which is a connector for attaching peripherals
intellijel
chriscarter wrote:
on a related note...

on the µMIDI 1U what are these two 4-pin headers for on the right hand side of the board? I can't see any mention of them in the instructions.

It's for future device connections/expansions. At present no devices are using those headers.
chriscarter
intellijel wrote:
It's for future device connections/expansions. At present no devices are using those headers.

Thanks...
does the same apply to the 3-pin header on the MIDI/USB board in the 104hp case?
uebl
If anyone's still looking for the 7U 104HP in EU/UK: I just ordered one from Signal Sounds and they still show to be in stock. Plus Jason from Signal Sounds is a fab chap!
chriscarter
Yes that's where I just got mine from.

uebl wrote:
If anyone's still looking for the 7U 104HP in EU/UK: I just ordered one from Signal Sounds and they still show to be in stock. Plus Jason from Signal Sounds is a fab chap!

Couldn't agree more.. great people, fantastic service and super helpful.
oslin007
Three questions:
How are people dealing with the relatively limited amount of modules fitting into the cases?
I presume the 1u modules are also powered by the power grid of up to 20 modules that the other 6U lines are?
Any plans on allowing for more modules? (for half the price you get a rackbrute which allows for up to 30 modules...).

EDIT: hm, looks like more than 20 connectors to me...

uebl
The new Intellijel 7U cases come with the new TPS80 busboard which has 28 power connectors; still, if you've got a lot of small modules, a flying busboard that you attach to one of these connectors might be necessary. And yes, the 1U modules use the same power source as the 3U ones.
uebl
Whether or not this case provides you with enough space for modules is a purely personal decision. Whether or not you're willing to pay the price for this case (which is given its features and quality absolutely justified), too.
anosou
uebl wrote:
The new Intellijel 7U cases come with the new TPS80 busboard which has 28 power connectors; still, if you've got a lot of small modules, a flying busboard that you attach to one of these connectors might be necessary. And yes, the 1U modules use the same power source as the 3U ones.

I actually purchased some 1 -> 3 busboard cables when I had the 84HP case. Worked very well! Just put all my low-draw modules on that. I found the 28 connectors in the 104HP case more than enough though.
oslin007
Amazing, yeah 28 is well enough even for me;) Any date on when the new cases will be back in stock?
uebl
Are you looking for the silver or the stealth one? I think Intellijel produces them in turns, but especially the demand for the stealth 7U is pretty high - best to pre-order from the dealer of your choice. That being said: Signal Sounds still seems to be having the stealth 7U in stock (https://www.signalsounds.com/intellijel-performance-eurorack-case-pow ered-7u-104hp-black).
Iridite
Thanks for the kind words guys, it's appreciated.

I've got a 7U Stealth case myself (couldn't resist!!) and I added one of the 4ms bus boards for the 1U stuff to run off and it's working just fine. It was more for tidiness to be honest, not that I had ran out of actual connectors

I run a single 16-16 power cable from the left side of the power board and up the left side of the case, the 4ms board is stuck using self adhesive pads and sits nicely under the 1U section and then I got a bunch of different length power cables from Thonk (including some really nice super short ones) and it just keeps everything nice and neat.

The bus board is this one here:

https://www.signalsounds.com/4ms-bus-stick-eurorack-power-board-shroud ed-headers

cheers

Jason
Tumulishroomaroom
I got a busboard for the 1U tiles too and I never had any problems. (84hp here)
mattsb
If anyone is looking for some of the 7Ux104 cases, Sweetwater have stealth and original in stock.
cackland
mattsb wrote:
If anyone is looking for some of the 7Ux104 cases, Sweetwater have stealth and original in stock.

Seems they are out of stock as of this moment.
mattsb
And poof they're gone.
Illiac
Vintage King has a bunch arriving tomorrow (4/20/18 Rasta-nana)

https://vintageking.com/intellijel-7ux104hp-performance-case-with-tps8 0wmax-black
JoeFuture
I'm using those new TPS80W boards in my 126hp/6U DIY cases and they're great. The soft startup feature is really nice to have, especially when you have a lot of digital modules in there and start drawing more than 2A total. It sounds completely clean to me too.
Hovercraft
JoeFuture wrote:
I'm using those new TPS80W boards in my 126hp/6U DIY cases and they're great. The soft startup feature is really nice to have, especially when you have a lot of digital modules in there and start drawing more than 2A total. It sounds completely clean to me too.

That's one of the great advantages of the Performance cases--the rock solid TPS80 power supplies. Soft start is a nice feature, and the 3A +12V rail will handle any power-hungry modules you throw at it.
Muse FTW
Illiac wrote:
Vintage King has a bunch arriving tomorrow (4/20/18 Rasta-nana)

https://vintageking.com/intellijel-7ux104hp-performance-case-with-tps8 0wmax-black

Thank you. SlayerBadger!
stephentrask
Got my stealth case a couple of days ago. It's as close to perfect as one could hope. I think I might remove the handle and get a cloth CPU carrying harness like the Submodular has. Not sure about that. What I am sure is the case is gorgeous, the fit and finish are damn near perfect. I may have scratched it. :(
stephentrask
The only thing I didn't like about the intellijel Stealth case vs. the Submodular Shadow was the hard handle vs. the removable straps with handle. The hard handle on the intellijel increases it's footprint and makes it harder to stick in an overheard bin. So I am going to remove it and I bought a handles with straps off of Amazon, made by a company called GearGrip. I think it will work out quite smashingly.

Fullplate
stephentrask wrote:
The only thing I didn't like about the intellijel Stealth case vs. the Submodular Shadow was the hard handle vs. the removable straps with handle. The hard handle on the intellijel increases it's footprint and makes it harder to stick in an overheard bin. So I am going to remove it and I bought a handles with straps off of Amazon, made by a company called GearGrip. I think it will work out quite smashingly.

Looks awesome man. Do you have a link for the handle/straps? After a good 6 months or so, I finally found the 7u Stealth in stock somewhere and have it on the way!
stephentrask
Fullplate wrote:

Looks awesome man. Do you have a link for the handle/straps? After a good 6 months or so, I finally found the 7u Stealth in stock somewhere and have it on the way!

Got it from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009JCUY6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03 _s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It took the right sized socket and hex wrench to remove the original handle. Tomorrow I will be taking this on a plane and I know it will fit in the overhead but probably wouldn't have with the original handle.

muddy ranks
stephentrask wrote:

This is how I feel too. I wonder if there are other options for handle that will work. I don't necessarily want to go the same route but a handle that folds down would be nice. Kinda like the one on the mdlr case maybe? I wonder where i can order one of those and if it could be installed using the same drill holes as the original handle. hmmm.....
bedhed3000
I felt the same way... until I realized that the CV.OCD fits perfectly onto the handle.
Pale Rider
could anyone tell me the interior depth of these cases?
I'm waiting on delivery, and there's no dimensions listed anywhere-
trying to see if a module that's not skiff friendly, at 89mm, might fit

Thanks!
Hovercraft
I highly recommend the soft gig case for the performance case. It protects and cushions the case, and has a nice soft grip handle, and shoulder strap. For flying, or even playing around town--the soft case is worth having.
bedhed3000
Pale Rider wrote:
could anyone tell me the interior depth of these cases?
I'm waiting on delivery, and there's no dimensions listed anywhere-
trying to see if a module that's not skiff friendly, at 89mm, might fit

Thanks!

There's a "Tech Specs" tab on the web site:
Quote:
Internal depth for modules above the highest point of the power bus board: 53 mm

89mm will definitely not fit. I have a 60mm deep module in the top row that barely fits.
nrrrd
I have the 42hp 4U case, as a starter and accompaniment to my 0-coast.
I should probably just bought the 104hp version! smile

The Intellijel website says:
Quote:
Pairs of slots run along the three sides of the case. Each slot is sized to allow for M3 nuts or M3 Hex Head bolts to slide in the space. Perfect for attaching all sorts of interesting accessories and linking together multiple cases (both coming soon!)

Has anyone attached anything to the outside of their case using these slots?
I was thinking I could attach some short lengths of rail, perpendicular to the case, to mount some passive modules (ORs, mults, attenuators, etc.)

Anyone tried this?
alcha
hey, waiting for my new 7U case, do you think my A199 reverb will fit? It's 63mm deep. thanks
intafon
While I'm browsing all the sites that do not have the intellijel 7U 104hp case in stock -- can someone confirm that there is either silver or black (known as stealth)? I've seen some sites list a black/grey version, some say stealth, and most say black -- was there a limited edition "stealth" version at some point?
worra
intafon wrote:
While I'm browsing all the sites that do not have the intellijel 7U 104hp case in stock -- can someone confirm that there is either silver or black (known as stealth)? I've seen some sites list a black/grey version, some say stealth, and most say black -- was there a limited edition "stealth" version at some point?

I believe there have only been two colors released. Silver, and black. the "stealth" and the black/grey are one and the same.
intafon
worra wrote:
intafon wrote:

I believe there have only been two colors released. Silver, and black. the "stealth" and the black/grey are one and the same.

I figured as much. I mainly asked because most of the black photos I've seen looked truly "black", but the photos used on https://www.schneidersladen.de/ look much more anodized than other photos I've seen (and better). I know it is just lighting differences, but without seeing them in person...
intafon
Can anyone confirm whether or not these cases will be back in stock soon?
patches
intafon wrote:

Emailed Intellijel. Here's what they had to say:

Quote:
Thanks for your interest in our cases. We are still in process of filling our dealer backorders. As soon as all of these have shipped we will be marking the cases as in stock on our webshop.
There will be a limited amount available from this batch but we already have another batch being prepped for assembly so we should have ample stock very soon.

thanks for your patience!

Gotta love their support line. Fast and very informative!
cackland
patches wrote:
intafon wrote:

Emailed Intellijel. Here's what they had to say:

Quote:
Thanks for your interest in our cases. We are still in process of filling our dealer backorders. As soon as all of these have shipped we will be marking the cases as in stock on our webshop.
There will be a limited amount available from this batch but we already have another batch being prepped for assembly so we should have ample stock very soon.

thanks for your patience!

Gotta love their support line. Fast and very informative!

This seems to be the response for the past couple of months.
intafon
Just ordered mine! Vintage King, Perfect Circuit, and Sweetwater either have them in or are getting them in by the end of the month. I'm sure there are others as well.
Nutritional Zero
The 7U 104hp cases are in severe shortage and they’re tough to manufacture, warehouse, and ship, which compounds the problem.

I gave up and bought the 7U 84hp case and I’m very happy with it. You’re more likely to find 84hp which apparently most people think is a completely invalid case size. For me it’s the perfect balance and forces me to carefully scrutunize my modules for performance versus size.
intafon
Nutritional Zero wrote:
The 7U 104hp cases are in severe shortage and they’re tough to manufacture, warehouse, and ship, which compounds the problem.

I gave up and bought the 7U 84hp case and I’m very happy with it. You’re more likely to find 84hp which apparently most people think is a completely invalid case size. For me it’s the perfect balance and forces me to carefully scrutunize my modules for performance versus size.

Yeh, I think Vintage King said they were getting 4 of the black 7u 104hp. Quite a small number!
uebl
There's no doubt that both the silver and black ("stealth") 7U/104HP case will become available again -- it's just a matter of time. Just order from your favorite retailer and wait. It's not going to be more than 2-3 months, I'd say, most likely less. Well worth the wait. This is Eurorack, after all..
snakejaw
alcha wrote:
hey, waiting for my new 7U case, do you think my A199 reverb will fit? It's 63mm deep. thanks

I use an RCA cable with right angle connectors (http://hosatech.com/product/cra-200rr/) with my A-199 and it fits fine on the top row in my Intellijel 7U case.
Seaweed Sound
Seaweed Sound wrote:
Any plans for 1U modules to link cases similar to Doepfer A-180-9? My use case is actually having studio CV & trig I/O on a trunk line going to a little patch panel within the Euro.

If you're shipping a lot of cases this could be a low R&D module that sells well.

Sweet.. def going to pick up an Octalink or two
Carmelo_P82
Hello guys,

I got my new 7U case yesterday and I see that when I touch the power cable I can hear a noise like you can see in this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MQTgIAcwPk

The sound comes from my QUAD VCA that I'm using as a mixer and from it to my Audio Interface (Tascam US 20x20) and then to my speakers.

seriously, i just don't get it

Thanks
pugix
Carmelo_P82 wrote:
Hello guys,

I got my new 7U case yesterday and I see that when I touch the power cable I can hear a noise like you can see in this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MQTgIAcwPk

The sound comes from my QUAD VCA that I'm using as a mixer and from it to my Audio Interface (Tascam US 20x20) and then to my speakers.

Thanks

I think it's pretty normal for these barrel connectors to be a little loose. Just don't wiggle it! You could try taping it down.
Carmelo_P82
pugix wrote:
Carmelo_P82 wrote:
Hello guys,

Thanks

I think it's pretty normal for these barrel connectors to be a little loose. Just don't wiggle it! You could try taping it down.

Possible yes but a friend of mine has his cable loose too but he doenst have any sound when he moves it. That's why I'm asking :-)
Carmelo_P82
I did these tests :

The QUAD VCA was used as a mixer so I changed my mixer with another one
Changed the power cable (I did buy 2) / Tried another outlet
I changed the input channel of the audio interface
I changed the cables that go to my audio interface
Actually I did double check all the cords in between the case and my speakers basically

And still the "issue" remains. looks like I'm having an issue zombie
mekohler
They have discontinued the 4U cases...new ones are in the design stage and will probably be 62hp (according to support). Bummer, I was looking for a companion to my 7U.
intellijel
mekohler wrote:
They have discontinued the 4U cases...

This information is not entirely correct. We still have 4U x 104hp cases available (there was a delay waiting for their PSUs). The 4U x 42hp and 4U x 84hp cases are temporarily unavailable but we would consider doing new runs of them if there is enough demand.
Dragonaut
Does the 4u 42hp have a lid??
merlatte
Quote:
Does the 4u 42hp have a lid??

Nope, none of the 4U's have a lid- just the 7U's.
qwertyuiop
Is it possible to use one power brick to power two 7u cases? I'm thinking of the way the 4ms row powers are daisy chainable.
mekohler
intellijel wrote:
mekohler wrote:

This information is not entirely correct. We still have 4U x 104hp cases available (there was a delay waiting for their PSUs). The 4U x 42hp and 4U x 84hp cases are temporarily unavailable but we would consider doing new runs of them if there is enough demand.

Ahh ok, my bad. the 4U 104hp still says out of stock. Is there an ETA?
pinkflag16
intellijel wrote:
mekohler wrote:

I'd like a 42hp, so there's demand for at least one smile.
Jenseits
I also considered 42hp an 84hp not long ago. Not in direct demand but i’m sure there are a lot more than me.
vytis
EDIT: Bathroom scale isn't the most accurate piece of equipment.

-----

I've just bought an Intellijel 7U 104hp Stealth Case seduced by its advertised light weight. On Intellijel's own website it is listed as 3.0 kg w/ Lid and Power Adapter.

However, after unpacking I have put it on a weighing scale and to my surprise it actually showed 4.2 kg without the power adapter.

intellijel
[/img]
vytis
thumbs up Intellijel
Thank you for taking the photo Danjel.
I am really sorry about this.
vytis
Out of curiosity I've re-weighed my case using a rather precise kitchen scale and these were my findings:

Case with lid and power supply (without IEC cable) weighs 4694 g
Case with lid only weighs 4256 g
Case without lid 3010 g
Just the lid 1244 g
Power supply without IEC cable 436 g

I've seen plenty of gram-counters on long-distance hiking forums, but this is a first for muffs! lol

vytis, maybe you have discovered a local gravitic anomaly.
vytis
We're not talking grams, we're talking 57% heavier than advertised.

In my opinion 4.7 kg actual weight vs 3.0 kg advertised weight is quite a difference.

I love Intellijel, I love their products. The case is very well engineered, high quality craftsmanship, lots of very cool features - superb power supply, retractable feet, case joiners, 1U selection - this you'd be hard pressed to find in the competition. One aspect where it isn't that much different from competition is weight and that's where I feel that I had false expectations based on the official information. I have to stress that I understand this wasn't intentional.

Perhaps it really is all due to a local gravitic anomaly. screaming goo yo

Peace.
wavecircle
Think of the gainzzzz. thumbs up
peripatitis
Very curious about this!
If it wasn't full, i'd try to weigh it myself..
propertyof
Ha! Curious too, might want to check my intel case weight if i’m not too lazy to take off all the modules later when back home next week. Just moved everything from my structure 208 to intel 7u 104 few weeks ago, from what i can recall it’s slightly lighter to the pittsburgh case but not that significant.
mekohler
Clearly we shouldn't be doing this measurements with shitty kitchen / bathroom scales, as they have already given you 2 different measurements.
vytis
Well, the case with lid and no power supply weighs 4.2 kg on my shitty bathroom scale and 4256 g on my shitty kitchen scale. Pretty close I should say.

In this overcrowded euro market someone should definitely start making a eurorack scales module. 1U or 3U is fine as long as it outputs 1V/kg.
man_hands
Has anyone stability issues with these cases?

Santa spoiled me this Christmas with a 7U Performance Case, and while it's beautiful, and I'm loving the ability to use 1U modules, it seems very wobbly for something this expensive.

In both positions with the feet extended, the right foot is between 1/16" and 1/8" higher than the left foot. That is, the rubber stopper on the right foot just barely grazes the surface it's on, only bearing any weight when the top right of the case is pressed down...lifting the bottom left corner up. Somewhat annoyingly, because of this, the case has a tendency to pivot around the left foot while I'm patching. It's seemed to get looser and wobblier over the last few days.

Is there some sort of adjustment for these feet that I'm not seeing? Is this pretty typical for these cases, or did I get a unit that slipped through the cracks at QA?

FWIW, I went to the shop it was purchased from, they just told me it was "within tolerance"...though their demo model didn't have this issue.

Close up of right leg when bottom left of case is weighted.

Close up of bottom left corner when top right of case is weighted.

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining...I'm loving everything else about this case, but I want to know if I got a bunk unit, or if I'm just being OCD... while I'm still in the window to (maybe) return it!
Dragonaut
Mine is the same. Pretty annoying for an expensive case but not a deal breaker.
exper
Contact their support. My two cases are stable.
Hovercraft
Have four cases, and all are stable. One case has a very slight gap, but it's hardly noticeable.
cackland
No issues here either. For those who have this anomaly, could be from the same batch that have this slight intolerance.
Dragonaut
exper wrote:

As nice as it would be to have a perfectly stable case I'd rather put a business card under it than be out of a case for a couple weeks.
man_hands
cackland wrote:
No issues here either. For those who have this anomaly, could be from the same batch that have this slight intolerance.

Is this known issue with a certain batch of these cases? Makes me wonder if trying to swap it out for another at the retailer would land me with another case with the same issue.

Dragonaut wrote:
exper wrote:

As nice as it would be to have a perfectly stable case I'd rather put a business card under it than be out of a case for a couple weeks.

I might contact support to see what they say, but I'm with Dragonaut...not super enthused about being without a case in the interim.
hawkfuzz
Hit up Intellijel. I can say they are quick to respond and help solve an issue...otherwise get some cards for now.

Have you tried different surfaces? I'm sure you're right, but I would check if you haven't. Wood can appear flat and not be at all. A yard stick will help you see that if you put one against a wall.
intellijel
man_hands wrote:

The legs are laser cut and inserted in side cheeks that are CNC milled. i.e. these are quite precises parts. The factors that would lead to it not sitting evenly are either:

1. Differences in the rubber foot (which have much larger tolerances)
2. The folded metal of the case has slightly contorted with the rails tightened.

For the latter try loosening the screws that hold in the rails to the sides a little bit and you might see that the case flattens out more.

Also try removing both rubber feet, if it sits evenly then the feet are the issue and we would be happy to send you some replacements.

Lastly, please make sure the surface you are on is in fact truly level. This has turned out to be the problem for some people in the past.
Dragonaut
intellijel wrote:
man_hands wrote:

The legs are laser cut and inserted in side cheeks that are CNC milled. i.e. these are quite precises parts. The factors that would lead to it not sitting evenly are either:

2. The folded metal of the case has slightly contorted with the rails tightened.

For the latter try loosening the screws that hold in the rails to the sides a little bit and you might see that the case flattens out more.

Also try removing both rubber feet, if it sits evenly then the feet are the issue and we would be happy to send you some replacements.

Lastly, please make sure the surface you are on is in fact truly level. This has turned out to be the problem for some people in the past.

Thanks for the quick response! I'll try these solutions out!

It will be a very sad day if eurorack gets so popular that manufacturers won't be able to provide amazing service like this. I didn't even have to email, lol!
man_hands
intellijel wrote:
man_hands wrote:

Thanks for responding! I'll echo the sentiment that it's amazing to see this kind of customer service from a manufacturer.

I think it must have been the folded metal causing the instability, as it wobbled even when laid flat, on a variety of surfaces. I ended up taking it into the retailer to get their take on it, and they swapped it for a rock-solid one, but glad to know about loosening the rails for future reference, as I'm sure this won't be my last 7U case from Intellijel! thumbs up
stephentrask
Can someone tell me what power brick the 104hp version ships with? I seem to have lost mine.
liquidsn
https://intellijel.com/shop/power/triple-power-supply-80w-3u-6u-busboa rd/
scottmfr
stephentrask wrote:
Can someone tell me what power brick the 104hp version ships with? I seem to have lost mine.

It's the Meanwell GSM90A-15.
stephentrask
scottmfr wrote:
stephentrask wrote:

It's the Meanwell GSM90A-15.

Thank you.
theartstrip
I have the exact same weight. Their 3kg is a dream, not a reality ...

Picture file

Intellijel, fake advertisers... very frustrating angry

vytis wrote:
EDIT: Bathroom scale isn't the most accurate piece of equipment.

-----

I've just bought an Intellijel 7U 104hp Stealth Case seduced by its advertised light weight. On Intellijel's own website it is listed as 3.0 kg w/ Lid and Power Adapter.

However, after unpacking I have put it on a weighing scale and to my surprise it actually showed 4.2 kg without the power adapter.

Dragonaut
I don't know where you guys think you're going to find a lighter case...
peripatitis
Dragonaut wrote:

That is not the point though..
funkyjunky
d'oh!
vytis
Thanks for confirming this theartstrip. thumbs up

I returned my Intellijel case purely because I though false advertising was inexcusable.

I was made to feel like I was just an overreacting 'gram-counter' with broken scales...

Intellijel, this is FALSE ADVERTISING - please at least admit it.
Your dealers should be made aware of this too. seriously, i just don't get it
hawkfuzz
very frustrating
cackland
I understand the principle here, however I have to question, the difference in 'weight' means what?
intellijel
vytis wrote:

I returned my Intellijel case purely because I though false advertising was inexcusable.

I was made to feel like I was just an overreacting 'gram-counter' with broken scales...

We showed you a photo of an industrial grade shipping scale with our case + meanwell on it verified that weight we posted. Now I made a video to show you the process we used.

It is entirely possible that this scale may require recalibration or is not as accurate in lower range but we have never had any reason to doubt that this scale was inaccurate. We use it daily for a multitude of shipments with all the major couriers (who all re-weigh our shipments). Therefore I used this as the data to post on our site.

How is this in any shape or form false advertising? If I get a chance to measure these with another commercial grade scale (no bathroom/kitchen scale) and the values are different then I will be happy to update our website data.

On a side note: anyone who picks up one of these cases in person is consistently impressed with how light they feel. Once you put modules in it the weight is going to be wildly different anyhow.

jmeisse
I think the kitchen scale people should be held up to the same ethical levels; it's easy to shout FALSE ADVERTISING but what about LIBEL?
bwhittington
What if you just pull the rubber foot off a little to even the legs? Maybe put a little something inside the foot to fill the void?

man_hands wrote:

Close up of right leg when bottom left of case is weighted.
yellowecho
I'm still interested in the black case as my next case. Anyone know if the 1U modules will ever be available with black faceplates?
cackland
yellowecho wrote:
I'm still interested in the black case as my next case. Anyone know if the 1U modules will ever be available with black faceplates?

I would like to assume Intellijel might be open to this considering they have discussed the change in their panel printing process, however I believe they have mentioned in the past that even in 3U, black panels aren’t something they will be doing
yellowecho
cackland wrote:
yellowecho wrote:

I would like to assume Intellijel might be open to this considering they have discussed the change in their panel printing process, however I believe they have mentioned in the past that even in 3U, black panels aren’t something they will be doing

My OCD would be extremely grateful
Hovercraft
yellowecho wrote:

My OCD would be extremely grateful

Most of the 1U modules are straightforward--you could lightly sand, and spray paint the faceplates with black enamel.
propertyof
intellijel wrote:
vytis wrote:

We showed you a photo of an industrial grade shipping scale with our case + meanwell on it verified that weight we posted. Now I made a video to show you the process we used.

It is entirely possible that this scale may require recalibration or is not as accurate in lower range but we have never had any reason to doubt that this scale was inaccurate. We use it daily for a multitude of shipments with all the major couriers (who all re-weigh our shipments). Therefore I used this as the data to post on our site.

How is this in any shape or form false advertising? If I get a chance to measure these with another commercial grade scale (no bathroom/kitchen scale) and the values are different then I will be happy to update our website data.

On a side note: anyone who picks up one of these cases in person is consistently impressed with how light they feel. Once you put modules in it the weight is going to be wildly different anyhow.

I’m very curious. I wish someone with the bathroom scale wouldn’t mind to spare their time to possiblly re-check it with another “commercial/industrial grade” scale too. Maybe try to bring it to the nearest post office & check with their scale? seriously, i just don't get it
rew_
lol false advertising yeah I think I'm gonna go with the company that regularly responds to customer complaints on this forum, ships their products all over the world, and contracts with industrial manufacturers over the folks taking smartphone photos of their bathroom scales.

I own two Intellijel cases, I didn't buy them because of weight thresholds and as such haven't (and won't) weigh them. They're great cases. The idea that Intellijel is some bad-faith vendor in the modular community doesn't pass the smell test.
Dragonaut
peripatitis wrote:
Dragonaut wrote:

That is not the point though..

I should have just stayed out of it but let me clarify: Vytis is saying they were seduced by the light weight advertised by Intellijel and now they are going to return it because of false advertising.

Anyone that handles this case knows that this as light of a product as anyone would feel comfortable putting thousands of dollars worth of electronics in. Personally, I would be happier with a bit thicker metal. A couple more pounds even.

To me it seems an odd reason for us to pick up our pitchforks but to each their own.
radin
I really can't believe this. The next thing you are going to tell us is that Intellijel's Dixie in LFO mode doesn't cycle at the stated rates with the caveat that you used a sun dial to measure.
exper
That 1.2oz really makes a difference in competitive case racing. hihi
vytis
exper wrote:

56 oz to be correct. Thank you.
exper
vytis wrote:
exper wrote:

56 oz to be correct. Thank you.

Ha my fault. I didn’t see that it was kg.
jdkee
First world problems.
peripatitis
I am amazed that people are attacking the guys who weighted their case and found it different than spec.
If you are interested about Intellijel's reputation just weigh your case instead of trying to ridicule them.
But arguing what "light" means in the general scheme of things, doesn't help neither our fellow wigglers or Intellijel..
vytis
I was the one who weighed my case and found it to be 57% heavier than advertised. As a result I am being attacked...
'gram-counters'
'kitchen scale people'
'first world problems'
etc

Danjel - I don't believe this was intentional in any way and I feel bad seeing how this thread has derailed. As I have said multiple times, I think you make some of the coolest modules and some of the coolest cases. However...

intellijel wrote:
It is entirely possible that this scale may require recalibration or is not as accurate in lower range but we have never had any reason to doubt that this scale was inaccurate.

I strongly believe there's a reason to doubt now. At least two customers found your case to be 57% heavier than advertised. That's quite a difference. Perhaps the whole problem here is because your commercial grade scale is not accurate in lower range?

IMHO it is really easy to solve this. If you don't trust kitchen scales (mine are accurate to the gram but hey who am I!)... Then please take the suitcase to your local post office and weigh it there. Done.

Your potential customers are mislead by your advertising claims that the Stealth case + PSU weighs 3 kg which it totally does not. Perhaps the majority don't care, but those who regularly take their modular on the road find this factor important. I was looking for a super light case and 3 kg seemed like the answer, but sadly, found out that a 3kg 7U 104hp case just doesn't exist.

Thank you very much.

Peace. Chugging Beers
radin
What a spaz. The morality police equipped with highly technical food scale...
vytis
OK. I'm out.
Boat
22tape
vytis wrote:
OK. I'm out.
Boat

I don't blame you. Fanboy pitchforks come out in an instant around here. I miss the old muffs Dead Banana
yellowecho
22tape wrote:
vytis wrote:
OK. I'm out.
Boat

I don't blame you. Fanboy pitchforks come out in an instant around here. I miss the old muffs Dead Banana

Seriously. I don't understand what the hubbub is about. It's not like Vytis mentioned it out of malice or anything. The weight doesn't bother me but it could be a problem for others so it's worth discussing!
Sinamsis
22tape wrote:
vytis wrote:
OK. I'm out.
Boat

Yup. Rational discussions seem to be scarce these days.
JES
It seems downright risky to add a measurement question to this thread but...

For the 7U cases, the ad copy says the feet allow you to set it at two different angles, but I have only seen one angle pictures. Could a kind owner snap a couple shots of the two positions?

Also, could someone please tell me the distance between the front edge of the case and the back of the feet in the two positions? I've got 9" to work with on a table (but it can extend over the end, no problem).

TIA!
Hovercraft
JES wrote:

For the 7U cases, the ad copy says the feet allow you to set it at two different angles, but I have only seen one angle pictures. Could a kind owner snap a couple shots of the two positions?

Also, could someone please tell me the distance between the front edge of the case and the back of the feet in the two positions? I've got 9" to work with on a table (but it can extend over the end, no problem).

TIA!

Quick measurements--- 9.75 inches in high position, 12 inches in low position--measured from middle of supporting leg to front edge. Don't think I'd put the case on a 9" depth table without something securing the case.
rew_
vytis wrote:
IMHO it is really easy to solve this. If you don't trust kitchen scales (mine are accurate to the gram but hey who am I!)... Then please take the suitcase to your local post office and weigh it there. Done.

If you don't trust the industrial scales please take the suitcase to your local post office and weigh it there. Feels like the burden is kind of on you here?
JES
Hovercraft wrote:
JES wrote:

TIA!

Quick measurements--- 9.75 inches in high position, 12 inches in low position--measured from middle of supporting leg to front edge. Don't think I'd put the case on a 9" depth table without something securing the case.

Thank you! Exactly what I needed to know
vytis
FIY:

Intellijel have quietly updated their specs and the 7U case is now listed as "3.8 kg w/ Lid and Power Adapter"

So after all they seem to agree that it wasn't actually 3.0 kg as previously advertised? Still not 4.2 kg (actual weight), but at least in that direction.

You can call me names and shame me all you want - all I did was point out that the specs were inaccurate and misleading. Intellijel finally seem to agree. Even though they won't admit it in public.

Peace.
propertyof
Thanks for pointed it out vytis! thumbs up

I’m sorry I couldn’t support your findings earlier, still too lazy/couldn’t find time so far, to take out all of my modules and bring my empty case to the post office to scale it.
teamhobson
rew_ wrote:
vytis wrote:

If you don't trust the industrial scales please take the suitcase to your local post office and weigh it there. Feels like the burden is kind of on you here?

The burden is on Intellijel, actually.

Thank you for pointing this out vytis. I'm sure intellijel aren't trying to pull the wool over customers eyes.
intellijel
Good grief!!!

I already supplied video and photo evidence of us weighing the case. Do you really think we have some evil mastermind plan to sell more cases by underreporting the weight? People buy our cases because of the quality build and features.

I also never denied there was a possibility the scale could be slightly off, even if this is an unusual thing to happen. How many other eurorack companies are weighing their products on multiple different scales? Would you have?

Have you also been weighing each individual module from every manufacturer to make sure that they are accurate too? This is a far greater determinant of the total system weight anyhow.

We increased the posted weight on the site because of your feedback. We would rather over-report than under-report what the weight is in the event that our scales may be slightly off.

However you are trying to exacerbate the situation and make it unnecessarily difficult.. We either leave the weight as measured and then you falsely accuse us of deception or we increase the weight and then you claim we are being sneaky for changing it.
peripatitis
intellijel wrote:
Good grief!!!

I already supplied video and photo evidence of us weighing the case. Do you really think we have some evil mastermind plan to sell more cases by underreporting the weight? People buy our cases because of the quality build and features.

I also never denied there was a possibility the scale could be slightly off, even if this is an unusual thing to happen. How many other eurorack companies are weighing their products on multiple different scales? Would you have?

Have you also been weighing each individual module from every manufacturer to make sure that they are accurate too? This is a far greater determinant of the total system weight anyhow.

We increased the posted weight on the site because of your feedback. We would rather over-report than under-report what the weight is in the event that our scales may be slightly off.

However you are trying to exacerbate the situation and make it unnecessarily difficult.. We either leave the weight as measured and then you falsely accuse us of deception or we increase the weight and then you claim we are being sneaky for changing it.

You are doing the noble thing here by correcting the specs but
"unessarilly difficult" became the sittuation from the fellow wigglers being ironic and generally attaching Vytis for no apparent reason.

This is a reccurent sittiation btw around these forums and definetely not a healthy reaction. It hurts both users and developers from becoming better.
Joey P.
I could see the weight being an issue if, say you purchased a 7U to bring on the ISS....they have very strict weight requirements for personal items. Then you would be stuck in orbit with nothing to wiggle!
peripatitis
Joey P. wrote:
I could see the weight being an issue if, say you purchased a 7U to bring on the ISS....they have very strict weight requirements for personal items. Then you would be stuck in orbit with nothing to wiggle!

Which is of course what every manufacturer out there has in mind when the y include weigth it in the case's specs...
cackland
I have to agree with Intellijel here. Their doings was justified, not that it matters.

I think vytis should focus more on his wiggling skills rather than calling out a manufacturer based on their measurements.

Someone needs attention I feel, hence the comeback comment.
peripatitis
Nothing to see here..
Voggg
does the unpowered 4U case have side power access, or do you have to use a power entry module? (I have an intellijel psu)
rean1mator
Haha OCD is very real thing that inflicts thousands...
approximately 2.3% of the population apparently
f33d
lol, I have another "dimensions" question.
what is the length between two power supply mounting holes exactly?
I would like to mount a malekko power inside an intelli 7u 104 case & the malekko has 31,06mm between mounting holes...
thanks.
damase
f33d wrote:
lol, I have another "dimensions" question.
what is the length between two power supply mounting holes exactly?
I would like to mount a malekko power inside an intelli 7u 104 case & the malekko has 31,06mm between mounting holes...
thanks.

not sure exact length but i did this and i know they dont line up, youll have to drill a couple more holes into it for the malekko power.
scottmfr
Voggg wrote:
does the unpowered 4U case have side power access, or do you have to use a power entry module? (I have an intellijel psu)

It does not have the side power entry so you would need to use one of the power inlet modules.

These are also now discontinued.
Tumulishroomaroom
Are they ? I bough a 104hp new somewhat recently. I think only the 84hp have been discontinued, but I could be wrong.
versipellis
Has anyone tried attaching a shoulder strap to their 7U cases, similar to how Erica Synths did it with theirs?

https://www.ericasynths.lv/shop/enclosures/travel/travel-case/

I know Intellijel has gig bags (https://intellijel.com/shop/cases/gig-bag-7u-84hp-104hp/) but it's $109 for a bag for an already-expensive case neutral
scragz
versipellis wrote:
Has anyone tried attaching a shoulder strap to their 7U cases?

exper
It's too bad, because initially there was a strap that was included the the 7u cases. Not sure why it was discontinued.
drherb_1216
I have the 7u 104 case with several 1u tiles. What are some of everyone’s favorite 1 u tiles?
cackland
Quadratt, mult
scragz
drherb_1216 wrote:
I have the 7u 104 case with several 1u tiles. What are some of everyone’s favorite 1 u tiles?

Audio I/O is a must to make use of the built-in jacks. Then I got 2x Quadratts and a Noise Tools in mine. Quadratts are mega useful, noise tools gets the job done and puts off GAS for Utra Random Analog. For most of them I would prefer that the 1U row was in the middle.
Foghorn
Steppy 1U looks very useful.
I don't have one though.
The Noise tools 1U is useful for me.
It has Clock, Random Pulse, Analog Noise , Sample and Hold plus Slew.
And the Noise tools is only $100 US

Foghorn
morgulbee
What I really like about the Intellijel 1U modules is they are significantly less expensive than their 3U counterparts, as well as being able to use the built-in jacks and giving a bit more room for other 3U modules.

My 7U case currently has these 1U modules: buffered mult, noise tools, quadratt, audio I/O. I have 6hp empty, thinking of adding a USB power to plug in my Keystep.

When the new input and output modules become available, I might replace the audio I/O with an output module. I haven't really used the input half of audio I/O yet. Maybe that will free up enough space for something else useful.
scragz
morgulbee wrote:
When the new input and output modules become available, I might replace the audio I/O with an output module. I haven't really used the input half of audio I/O yet. Maybe that will free up enough space for something else useful.

I've found it really useful to have a two way connection to my interface, if for nothing else than for easily updating firmware on so many of the modules that are updated via playing an audio file (MI, 4ms).
versipellis
exper wrote:
It's too bad, because initially there was a strap that was included the the 7u cases. Not sure why it was discontinued.

Was it ever officially sold? I don't remember seeing one.
versipellis
scragz wrote:
versipellis wrote:

LMAO, I uh.. never expected _this_.
cackland
I had a strap with one case! Just got another and the strap was missing.b
Tumulishroomaroom
I had the strap with my case (first run) but when you used it the metal parts where too sharp and would cut into the strap after a little while. I mentionned this to Intellijel and they told me they were aware of the problem and that they were coming out with proper bags to remedy this. So now that the bags have been out for a while they may have ditched the strap ?
scottmfr
scragz wrote:
versipellis wrote:

Is that Ashton Kutcher?

Tumulishroomaroom is right. I was told the strap was just too unreliable to sell, so they had to stop including it.

The gig bag is a way better solution anyway. You get the shoulder strap, but it also protects the case from scratches in transportation and gives you a place for your power supply, spring tanks, headphones, extra cables, and other accessories.

Quadratt is super useful in any system. Noise Tools too. Steppy is just a ton of fun to use. Zeroscope is great for tuning your modules if you can't hear them for whatever reason.
Hovercraft
I got a couple of the early cases that included the shoulder straps, and they were more of a liability than a help. I traveled with one of the cases using the shoulder strap, and it came close to failing from that single trip. Even if the strap worked well, it was too easy for the unprotected case to bang against surfaces during the course of travelling. I got the soft cases as soon as they were available, and they're fantastic for gigging--well worth the reasonable cost.
Bath House
Does anyone know the status of these things, availability wise? I haven't seen them in stock anywhere for months.
Hovercraft
Bath House wrote:
Does anyone know the status of these things, availability wise? I haven't seen them in stock anywhere for months.

Perfect Circuit has the 84HP cases in stock.
scottmfr
The 7U 84HP Stealth Black is available on the Intellijel web shop.
https://intellijel.com/shop/cases/104hp-84hp-7u-performance-case/
Sinamsis
Bath House wrote:

Ha, I guess they must be selling quickly. I know Detroit Modular is expecting a shipment soon as are most retailers.

As an aside, has anyone come up with a solution for joining two 7U cases, but allowing them to fold patched similar to the TTA folding cases? Or even two foldings 6U cases with a 4U case in the middle? That would be something I'd pay good money for.
kisielk
Sinamsis wrote:
Bath House wrote:

Ha, I guess they must be selling quickly. I know Detroit Modular is expecting a shipment soon as are most retailers.

As an aside, has anyone come up with a solution for joining two 7U cases, but allowing them to fold patched similar to the TTA folding cases? Or even two foldings 6U cases with a 4U case in the middle? That would be something I'd pay good money for.

I really doubt many would want this in practice. Apart from being really bulky, it would be quite heavy once filled with modules. It’s a lot easier to just carry the cases separately in two separate bags.
Sinamsis
kisielk wrote:
Sinamsis wrote:
Bath House wrote:

I really doubt many would want this in practice. Apart from being really bulky, it would be quite heavy once filled with modules. It’s a lot easier to just carry the cases separately in two separate bags.

Ha I would. A folding 14U is relatively light and while not ideal for long trips and certainly not for air travel, moving a system as one unit fully patched is a very desirable thing. The joining system is nice but leaves everything exposed. I suspect it’s also a lot more awkward to carry. Ha I don’t want to bring up the whole weight debacle again, but the 7U is one of my lightest cases and very compact. It’s why I’m looking for a second.
scragz
An Octalink 1U (or two) is also an option if you don't have *too much* cross contamination between the cases.
NoMod
Hi,

by chance I've found a quick way to lift up my 7u: cheap and ugly.

On the desktop these two sanding blocks are surprisingly stable. I've just removed some mm’s to create a notch to put the stands in.

Cheers
retoid
yellowecho wrote:

Recently picked up a 7U x 104hp case and will soon have access to some of the 1U panels. A few others have put in requests for black panels on these. As I am able to get them in hands, I'll be able to take measurements and make up some black and gold alternatives. Realistically it's probably a few months out before I'd be able to have anything produced. Feel free to check in at bkmpanels to see when they're added. I'll try to post something on MW also when they are available.
JFane
retoid wrote:

Recently picked up a 7U x 104hp case and will soon have access to some of the 1U panels. A few others have put in requests for black panels on these. As I am able to get them in hands, I'll be able to take measurements and make up some black and gold alternatives. Realistically it's probably a few months out before I'd be able to have anything produced. Feel free to check in at bkmpanels to see when they're added. I'll try to post something on MW also when they are available.

Would definitely love to pick up some of your black panels for these. Keep us updated.
damase
retoid wrote:
yellowecho wrote:

that is excellent news. definitely quadratt, such a useful module. i cant see ever getting rid of steppy either
retoid
Thanks, I will update as I have more info.
Granular
Can anyone tell me how much Space (depth) 2 Performance Cases with Case Joiners take when standing on a table?

I'm not sure if it fits on mine. (its an old DJ Deck hihi )
MossGarden
Granular wrote:
Can anyone tell me how much Space (depth) 2 Performance Cases with Case Joiners take when standing on a table?

46.4cm
Granular
MossGarden wrote:
Granular wrote:

46.4cm

Thanks. The Deck is 48cm. That fits, but its not very safe. Dead Banana
MossGarden
Granular wrote:
MossGarden wrote:
Granular wrote:

46.4cm

Yeah, Thats too close for me too, full of modules its fairly weighty but near empty I can imagine it being super easy to knock off
Granular
MossGarden wrote:
Granular wrote:
MossGarden wrote:
Granular wrote:

46.4cm

Yeah, Thats too close for me too, full of modules its fairly weighty but near empty I can imagine it being super easy to knock off

d'oh! All I should do is mount the Back Panel of the Deck which is slightly higher than the Table itself d'oh! So the Case will be safe from being pushed down It's peanut butter jelly time!

I removed the Back Panel long time ago and almost forgot it... hmmm..... Mr. Green
Scott M2
retoid wrote:
yellowecho wrote:

I checked bkmpanels and you've got me covered (in black) except for the new 1U twin VCA module. I think it's going to be very popular, so I hope you can add that to your lineup. Looking forward to putting an order in for a batch of 1U panels when they're available. Cheers!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 17