MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

FH-1 Feature Requests
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author FH-1 Feature Requests
analogdigital
Been having fun with my FH-1. Here are a few things that I believe would make it even better, especially for live performance.

USB Hub Support (this one I'm sure has been mentioned before)
Multiple USB devices (i.e. 2x Korg nanoKONTROL2 etc)

Macro Mode
Allow one incoming CC to control multiple destination CCs.
Bonus would be to allow incoming CC to be scaled per-destination.

For example:

Incoming:
ch9 CC33

Outgoing:
ch1 CC0 v34-96
ch1 CC1 v0-52
ch3 CC64 v0-22
ch3 CC65 v40-74
etc

And there you have it, two lfos having their clocked speed and the direct output being adjusted by one fader/knob, within a limited (expected) range.

Many uses for this from a live performance perspective.

That part gets even better when you add on expanders.

Cheers
analogdigital
Oh yeah, and along with the value scaling, it would be nice to be able to invert as well.

i.e. destination of:

ch1 CC1 v52-0
os
Good suggestions, thanks.
udbhav
Love this module! Couple of suggestions/ideas:

- A dedicated midi CC to be able to divide down the incoming clock for each sequencer individually
- Loading presets via midi (morphing would be amazing if possible)
c0rpse
Midi triggered envelopes and pitch/envelope out.
hippasus
Quote:
A dedicated midi CC to be able to divide down the incoming clock for each sequencer individually

Yes please, clock division and multiplication are a plus or is there already a way to do this?
rove74
c0rpse wrote:
Midi triggered envelopes and pitch/envelope out.

Agreed, envelopes would be very cool...

Clock division/multiplication already exists with the tempo synced LFOs, but I don't think it is implemented for the sequencers, nice add as well.
c0rpse
Ability to turn legato off for monophonic conversion. IE retrig the gate when a new key is pressed, even if your still holding another.
Meddler
An option for exponential or linear smoothing would be fun.
Meddler
Oh, and low or last note priority setting for monophonic MCVs.
os
Thanks for the suggestions.
acidicfeces
What about phase, polarity, and amplitude control for each LFO to create complex LFOs?
os
You already have amplitude control over each LFO shape, with polarity on the ramp. But it could possibly be extended.
acidicfeces
Would it be possible to change the output ranges of the outputs through a menu or script rather than the jumpers?
os
On the current hardware the function of the jumpers cannot be achieved in software.
bgerkes
How about an attenuator with offset control?
CV mixer with offset control
acidicfeces
Would it be possible to enable slower syncing from the (X) input? I'd like to be able to sync to pulses longer than 2 seconds apart.

bgerkes wrote:
How about an attenuator with offset control?
CV mixer with offset control

What do you mean? Like using the FH-1 to mix CV coming from the modular or mixing CCs?
os
Quote:
I'd like to be able to sync to pulses longer than 2 seconds apart

What makes you think you can't do this currently?
acidicfeces
os wrote:
Quote:
I'd like to be able to sync to pulses longer than 2 seconds apart

What makes you think you can't do this currently?

I'm not sure. Perhaps I should start a thread for this...
I guess one of the problems I was having was that the FH-1 kept sending out MIDI stop messages, as described in the manual. I'm still having trouble understanding the relationships between really fast clocks generated by distant pulses; this situation will go through a few bars on my Machinedrum then stop until another pulse hits the (X) input.

Maybe my feature request should have been something like "don't send out a stop message after only 2 seconds." But after messing with the MIDI clock divisor in Menu D, I was able to get pretty slow tempos (<50bpm) with fast clocks without facing MIDI stop messages so my request is probably just inspired by misunderstanding. Honestly, I just don't really understand the MIDI timing stuff and a lot of stuff in the manual.
os
Oh I see, we're talking about MIDI clock. I thought you were meaning the LFOs etc.

Yes, the FH-1 sends a stop message if it thinks it's not received a clock pulse for a while. An alternative would be use the other input as a run/stop input, but that isn't supported currently.
autopoiesis
I think it would be nice if FH-1 could generate Euclidean gate sequences with CC control over length, fill, and rotation. Also if it could quantize normal incoming MIDI notes (outside the sequencer function) to scales with CC control over scale, key, and transposition (as with the sequencer function).
os
Noted.
autopoiesis
Thanks for always listening to our suggestions, os!
AXXONN
hippasus wrote:
Quote:
A dedicated midi CC to be able to divide down the incoming clock for each sequencer individually

Yes please, clock division and multiplication are a plus or is there already a way to do this?

being able to have divide/multiple for seqB would work for me, then I could clock seqA at the speed I want, and simply +/- the clock on SeqB for faster or slower sequence
autopoiesis
autopoiesis wrote:
I think it would be nice if FH-1 could generate Euclidean gate sequences with CC control over length, fill, and rotation. Also if it could quantize normal incoming MIDI notes (outside the sequencer function) to scales with CC control over scale, key, and transposition (as with the sequencer function).

One more suggestion -- if you do decide it's worth it to add quantization to scales outside the sequencer mode, it would be awesome if there were a CC-controllable setting that governed whether the LFOs that are added to the direct control value are added either pre-scale or post-scale. With the amount of CC control the FH-1 permits over LFO generation and mixing, we'd have some serious fun putting them to use to modulate and evolve pitch CV in key. In this application I think it would still make the most sense for glide to be applied "post-scale."
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2