Rozzbox V2

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

elemental
Wiggling with Experience

Rozzbox V2

Post by elemental » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:20 pm

I finally got mine today; ordered a good few months ago! Direct from Kilian of LL Electronics.

Only spent an hour or so with it ... but really liking the sounds I'm getting so far. It very easily gets harsh, noisy, chaotic ... but also some really nice pads and synth string sounds aswell. And wicked FM bass!!
I'm just really happy to finally have a fat-sounding synth I can play chords on. Granted it dont have analog oscillators, but I have an old Akai VX-90 for that.

I'll post more when I've spent more time with it... :mrgreen:

Karl Jeffers
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Karl Jeffers » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:10 pm

Congrats.
Last week I toyed some time with a V1. And its a funbox for sure. Totaly different sounds than any other synth. Its a sort of digital equivalent of the Metasonix stuff. Very eazy to create the most bizare bleeps and noises.
The V2 has 3 filters (per voice?) has tubes and is polyphonic. And theres a pro version on the way that supposed to be the ultimate.

elemental
Wiggling with Experience

Post by elemental » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:40 am

Its got 2 filters per voice - out of a choice of digital, analog or tube. There is only 1 tube filter though, so its more designed for 1 voice in the multimode. You can use it with chords but the filter env will be controlled by the 1st note.
The tube filter resonance gets into screaming territory very easily; I'm not so into that sound tbh! But its very nice as a subtle low pass before it gets there, and there is a small area just before it starts breaking up thats nice and crunchy.

The digital filters are actually pretty good; although the highpass is not quite as sizzling as I would like. Its fairly easy to create bandpass-type sounds by combining the digital and analog filters.
The FM tones are really bright and alive. I'm liking this thing... almost considering selling my Evolver, as they cover similar ground.

Return to “General Gear”