MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Working on fixing the 'session logged out' issue - please log out and log back in as there is a new cookie name. It MAY be worse for a while, sorry. We'll see... I'm working on it. Thanks

Retail orgone accumulator.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Retail orgone accumulator.

Neutron7

it is done smile

will be released around Jan 15.

final version im finalizing firmware on.

enj_music

It looks so stylish!
Can you talk a little about the additional features in this version?

Neutron7

It is not actually white as it appears in the photo, it is weird lighting. it is silver aluminum metalphoto, as per usual

the sound is the same as the DIY version. it actually runs the same code, and detects the hardware to know what to do with interface changes.

differences:

more blinky lights,
    momentary switches instead of latching
    select effect by pressing sel, then the one you want rather than cycling through
    CV control of the 3 main wave selectors and the mod wave selector.
    4 layer modern PCB with SMD parts, slightly less noise.
    reverse power protection on connector
    more efficient regulator
    you need a separate programmer (not very expensive, its just a USB jack and IC with abootloader that connects to a heade ron the back) to modify firmware, so DIY firmware tinkerers need to keep that in mind.
    can be powered through programmer and synth power at the same time
    words changed again (sorry!)

sound wize they are the same. the only thing "extra" are 2 different features in the drum effect because you no longer need "cv swapping" now those 2 buttons create a more gradual drum tail on their respective drum envelopes.

here is the manual:

http://www.neutron-sound.com/PDFs/OrgoneRetailGuide.pdf

Dogma

I've been away but a massive congrats on the official release!!!!!!

z3r01

Definitely gonna switch out my DIY version for this. CV control of the 3 waves+mod selector is crazy awesome.

If I may ask, what is the retail price gonna be for the Orgone, and are they going to be available either through direct purchase, or distributors?

Thanks! thumbs up

phutureboy

That's great news, congrats !

Neutron7 wrote:
more blinky lights

I hope you make sure they are not too bright thumbs up

Electrostatic

I have to say, I've been following the development of the Orgone Accumulator with great interest through each and every firmware update there's been.
It's moved from being what was a great oscillator to what I now consider to be the very best oscillator, noise machine, drum module all rolled into one.
I really can't wait for the retail version, but will also be keeping my original DIY version for twin Orgone action.

Neutron and WMD working together.... Perfect. applause

wirelesswine

Jumping in on the thread. Also curious of price!

Daisuk

Cool. Been wanting to build one, but lack the skills. Are there any demos of the drum mode in it?

Neutron7

there are drum sounds on a few of the demos in this playlist. the "orgone trax" ones use exclusively orgone sounds including drums.

https://soundcloud.com/neutron7/sets/neutron-orgone-accumulator

Kroaton

Will you still be selling DIY kits through Thonk?

MatrixModulator

Kroaton wrote:

I will be interested in a kit or partial kit if it happens.

falafelbiels

Hard to believe it could look even better...

we're not worthy

Neutron7

Kroaton wrote:

thonk and synthcube will still have diy. as long as they want them, ill keep reordering.

Kroaton

Cheers for the quick reply and congrats on getting this thing up to 1.0 (or would this be 2.0 hihi)

MatrixModulator

Neutron7 wrote:
Kroaton wrote:

thonk and synthcube will still have diy. as long as they want them, ill keep reordering.

You mean the first version or this new version too?

Neutron7

MatrixModulator wrote:
Neutron7 wrote:
Kroaton wrote:

You mean the first version or this new version too?

I am not sure about the new version in a kit because the through hole op amps for the cv inputs might take up too much space. if i do it it will not be for a while because i am working on the hardware for another module.

MatrixModulator

Oh ok thanks smile
Maybe a through hole version with a few smd parts ? Just a suggestion...
Nice module!

Summa

Yay! I've been looking real hard at getting one of these but the DIY backlog is too long and time consuming I'd gladly pay to get a manufactured unit. Who's reselling in the EU? EFN I hope!

Neutron7

Summa wrote:
Yay! I've been looking real hard at getting one of these but the DIY backlog is too long and time consuming I'd gladly pay to get a manufactured unit. Who's reselling in the EU? EFN I hope!

as far as i know, anyone who sells WMD can stock them.

Summa

Neutron7 wrote:
Summa wrote:

as far as i know, anyone who sells WMD can stock them.

Great! I'll tell Ulf to get them then!

TripJ

Beautiful Panel!

HIMA

had a chance to hear a DIY version of this module. It's glorious. Everything I wish my Shapeshifter had been. I'm looking at my VCO-2RM and wondering if i still need it...

bcitral

Congratulations on this release. Its all very exciting.

zombie

bobbcorr

Congratulations! This makes one of the most exciting, exotic modules in Eurorack accessible to dullards like myself who cannot be trusted with a soldering iron.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4