MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New WMD Performance Mixer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next [all]
Author New WMD Performance Mixer
CB
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this. (Apologies if I am mistaken and a thread exists already.)

WMD has a great looking 8-channel stereo mixer which was in their demo case at AH's event yesterday.

That's a lot of holes! Looks awesome eek!
moloque
eek! Waiting for my sputnik 6 Channel Stereo Mixer but this one would be even better! Didn't found any other info on that one but I'll keep looking...
homodyne
Ooooh.

Looks like [EDIT] 36hp, 6 switchable mono channels and two stereo chennels (so technically a 10 channel mixer) with stereo send/ return.
Dogma
fuck me!!! Bill, as we all know by now, is a freakin genius so this may be the core of my FULL system....
goiks
need. i will need to find some playable fader-style caps for the sliders though.
Smais
When I read 'performance mixer' I think of a mixer for performing on - this isn't what I'd imagine a 'performance' mixer to be, as the little knobs and faders look quite fiddly and I don't see any performance specific features. I might be missing something but I'm guessing it is intended as a mixer for performances, as in 'you perform with other stuff and this mixes it', more than 'you perform using the mixer'. Still looks interesting. No mutes?
Dogma
id say cue would be the mute per Chanel.
homodyne
Yeah I'd guess Cue mutes but if it doesn't and one uses only input A per channel, then flipping to B would mute.
Tonescape
Normally, Cue is for deciding which channels are present in the headphone out.

I really hope the click buttons can be set up for muting as well though.
voidshell
homodyne wrote:
Ooooh.

Looks like [EDIT] 36hp, 6 switchable mono channels and two stereo chennels (so technically a 10 channel mixer) with stereo send/ return.

My initial thought was the A/B Toggles were 3 way with the Center allowing for both inputs per channel.
homodyne
Could be... would allow one to squeeze 18 channels into the mix (stereo return included).
Crandall1
homodyne wrote:
Could be... would allow one to squeeze 18 channels into the mix (stereo return included).

I just talked to William, and they are, in fact, A, B, or A+B.
Daisuk
Nice! You didn't happen to take any photos of the new Harvestman sequencer, did you? Haven't been able to find any photos of the even online yet.
bemerritt
Like the look of this! Just wish different knobs were used. Looks like plenty of room in the layout to include bigger, more playable knobs.
homodyne
WMD doesn't do 'me too' modules, instead they take it to the nth degree...

Phase modulation? How about four channels modulating one another (almost - channel 1 is fixed phase)... Switches? 4x4 matrix with sequencer and 16 channels of trigger outs with the expander... Switched capacitor filter - monster/ monstrous Synchrodyne + expander.

And now this... Dead Banana
CF3
goiks wrote:
need. i will need to find some playable fader-style caps for the sliders though.

My first thought too. Besides that, I like the layout.
djthopa
Oh dear, this is exactly what i need, prga doesnt have enough channels this does!

Congrats wmd!!
bc3
Looks fucking rad and so needed in eurorack IMO. cool
Question now is how much? Guess we will have to wait until NAMM?
DSC
That's no moon, it's a space station! hihi
Dogma
m/s as well!!!!
Summa
CF3 wrote:
goiks wrote:

My first thought too. Besides that, I like the layout.

but the faders have LED's..
negativspace
Could get some caps with transparent centers to allow the LED to show, but they'd have to be bespoke. I searched for the ResEQ anyway and never found such a thing.
Joe.
no clickless mute?
Dogma
LoFi Junglist wrote:
no clickless mute?

been thinking - i suspect there is one or two "expanders" that may yet to surface...stuff like clickless mutes ect would be a given from these guys - and they do like their expanders smile
coolshirtdotjpg
This looks promising. I hope that's not the final panel design though...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next [all]
Page 1 of 24