MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Reaktor 6 ensemble for ES-4/ES-40/ES-5
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Reaktor 6 ensemble for ES-4/ES-40/ES-5
bendedavis

I just got the ES-40 and ESX-8GT modules. I've created an ensemble to use the gate expanders directly with Reaktor. Just patch up the outputs to the left and right of your SPDIF output.

Here's the link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/80rkw03t3xy31ee/ES-reaktor_v3.zip?dl=0

Let me know how it works. I haven't got the CV expander yet but plan to release an ensemble for it as well as soon as I can get one.
os
we're not worthy
lvankanten
applause

Could this work on the ES-3/ES-5 combo?
bendedavis
lvankanten wrote:
applause

Could this work on the ES-3/ES-5 combo?

Probably just the spdif stuff.
os
It's pretty much the same for the ES-5. ES-5 channels 1&2 are the same as ES-40 channels 1&2; ES-5 channels 4&5 are the same as ES-40 channels 3&4.
bendedavis
I can add a mode for ES-5 if anyone wants to help me test it
lvankanten
I'll see how it works when I get home tonight, not sure an ES-5 mode is necessary, but I can help test if it is.
bendedavis
lvankanten wrote:
I'll see how it works when I get home tonight, not sure an ES-5 mode is necessary, but I can help test if it is.

For expanders 3 and 6 it will be different. That won't be too hard to add in. Let me know if it is working plugged into 1, 2, 4 or 5 and we'll go from there thumbs up
lvankanten
Got it working in Reaktor 6 standalone. It only worked using Expander 1, but not until I set the instrument output to terminal output port 15, which is routed to ADAT 5 in my Reaktor audio settings.

If I recall, my ES-5 is hooked up to the 2nd header on the ES-3.

All the gates 1-8 worked.

bendedavis
lvankanten wrote:
Got it working in Reaktor 6 standalone. It only worked using Expander 1, but not until I set the instrument output to terminal output port 15, which is routed to ADAT 5 in my Reaktor audio settings.

Looks like the ES-5 should be hooked up to the GT1 header

http://expert-sleepers.co.uk/es5usermanual.html
Rick Burnett
Got this kinda working with my ES-3/ES-5 combo, however, the values getting sent out are doing something weird. I know I saw some of this with Silent Way as well and I cannot remember what the fix was to get it working right, but I did get it right.

To give you an example of what happens, if I have GATE 1 down, nothing is active. If I activate Gate 1 & Gate 2, only Gate 2 is active. If I then disable Gate 1 while leaving Gate 2 on, Gate 2 goes off and Gate 1 stays on. (Draw a truth table if that's too hard to read)

This is the same behavior I saw before until I got the silent ways settings current.

I am using a MOTU 1248 ADAT out, and this particular port is Out 33 which hits that ADAT channel attached to the ES-5 expander.
os
That's the symptom of levels being off by 6dB, or mono summing (everything should be stereo).
Rick Burnett
For reference, I created a RAMP feeding mine from REAKTOR and used a scope to measure the output of the ES-3 while looking at the light translations.

In REAKTOR, my sweep is -1 to 1 which translates to -10 to 10 coming out the ES-3 (full range)

At -1 in REAKTOR tje LEDs (From 8-1) are 10000000
As the voltage raises to 0, this counts up till it hits 11111111 the value RIGHT before 0, then at 0 it goes to 00000000

From 0 to 1, it counts up to 011111111.

So basically what you see it the wrap around happens at +1, and the counting wraps around and continues at -1.

I also notices that I had to add .01 to the values to get them to work, so maybe this is part of the problem? Could be interface specific. But here is an example, I just used a single add here to show, but basically this math works out. You add every value for that bit to be one. And for the last value, you add -128 for the 8 bit spot which wraps everything around.

Rick Burnett
os wrote:
That's the symptom of levels being off by 6dB, or mono summing (everything should be stereo).

I am not sure I understand. If I sweep a value from -1 to 1 in reaktor, which is full range, I am seeing -10 to 10 volts out on the ES-3 on that channel (7 in this case).

Then, I look at how that is mapped as I mentioned, it wraps around as it counts up after 1 to -1 and then back to 0.

I am thinking round off error with the reactor math is causing the .01 to be added, but the math I show works. And consistently.

If I had 6db off OR summed into mono, the values would top out before I hit 1 (full scale) and they do not do that.
lvankanten
bendedavis wrote:
lvankanten wrote:

Looks like the ES-5 should be hooked up to the GT1 header

http://expert-sleepers.co.uk/es5usermanual.html

Ok, no you're right, I do have it connected to the GT1 header.
bendedavis
Realized it needs a bit of work since I got the ESX-8CV today. Also working on an ensemble for CV. Almost have it working, will share once it's done.
bendedavis
Just updated the original post with new link. Here it is also https://www.dropbox.com/s/80rkw03t3xy31ee/ES-reaktor_v3.zip?dl=0

Fully working with gate and cv expanders on ES-4 (tested) and should be fine for ES-5 also. There are 3 modules. One for gates, one for CV and one to bring it all together.

The CV expander module takes signals in and gives you x2 amplification and attenuversion with a clip LED to show when the signal is out of range. The gate expander module has 8 buttons to manually trigger gates or put any signal in to trigger them. The last module is the ES combiner which takes in the expander data on which channel and puts it together into your 2 channel SPDIF output.

Let me know how this works for you. I've been having fun with it so far.
wallyp
Would love to be connecting reaktor to my euro but i'm having trouble tracking down an es3 and es6. Has anybody spotted them in stock anywhere?

My yarns is okish with the blocks midi translators but the idea of patching cv back into reaktor is pinging my ping things. Miley Cyrus
bendedavis
wallyp wrote:
Would love to be connecting reaktor to my euro but i'm having trouble tracking down an es3 and es6. Has anybody spotted them in stock anywhere?

My yarns is okish with the blocks midi translators but the idea of patching cv back into reaktor is pinging my ping things. Miley Cyrus

The SPDIF modules are amazing if you are just wanting to send modulation out of Reaktor. They can do up to 2khz which is fine for all sequencing, LFOs and envelopes. I'm using the ES-40 with ESX-8CV and ESX-8GT and don't feel like there's anything the ES-3 would do better for my uses.
wallyp
I was thinking es3/6 for my adat. Gives me 8in/out. WhereAs I understand the spdifs are 4 channel. Not sure of any frequency range differences between the two model methods.
bendedavis
wallyp wrote:
I was thinking es3/6 for my adat. Gives me 8in/out. WhereAs I understand the spdifs are 4 channel. Not sure of any frequency range differences between the two model methods.

You can get up to 40 outputs with the ES-40
wallyp
Makes sense I suppose, leaves me an adat interface for extra preamp expansion. Still doesnt help me tho. I cant seem to find the ES4 in stock anywhere either!

Are you running multiple audio out of Reaktor and the modular simultaneously? And clockwise is there any difference having a master in reaktor or the euro?
bendedavis
Updated the link, hopefully for the last time today. Been using it for the past few hours with no probs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/80rkw03t3xy31ee/ES-reaktor_v3.zip?dl=0
os
wallyp wrote:

ES-3s have been out of stock for a while but are starting to come back in now. ES-6s should be available.
wallyp
os wrote:

ES-3s have been out of stock for a while but are starting to come back in now. ES-6s should be available.

Checked all the the UK stockists on your site and no ones got either in stock.

I'll try europe now...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3