MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

camo patch cables from control
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author camo patch cables from control
jwm
well thats fun!

http://www.ctrl-mod.com/category-s/1981.htm
Smais
Those are actually very nice colours. I wouldn't mind some desert-storms and olives.
Summa
Aiming for the murican market I guess...
DonaldCrunk
not really camo are they? the colors are nice though

i've been wanting to dip cables in hydrographic transfer to get some actual patterns onto them for a while. too expensive for a casual try though :(
JCM
Good luck trying to reverse engineer my patches now!
CF3
Summa wrote:
Aiming for the murican market I guess...

Was that really necessary?
D Beau
It's about time. Too many good men have been lost wiggling behind enemy lines.
warnton
spending lot of time to help all the syrian refugees here, i think this is not a very funny product at all. sorry
DonaldCrunk
warnton wrote:
spending lot of time to help all the syrian refugees here, i think this is not a very funny product at all. sorry

a sincere thank you for helping these people. ive tried to help too.

can i ask what these colored patch cables have to do with the syrian refugee crisis?
warnton
DonaldCrunk wrote:
warnton wrote:

a sincere thank you for helping these people. ive tried to help too.

can i ask what these colored patch cables have to do with the syrian refugee crisis?

well, pictures, words etc.. one leads to another and words like desert storm, camo, enemy lines make a certain impression on me at least. as does your avatar. if symbols would all be meaningless, why would we use them after all? but if they are transporting content, shouldn't we be rather carefull in choosing them.. thats all. and i was rather hit on a weak point with the postings above, for which i apologize (not for being hit, but for responding obviously too hastly ... )
tetri5
neato burrito. reminds me of LEGOs for some reason.
Joe.
Why did this thread have no trigger warning?
MindMachine
warnton wrote:

Please let our little Wiggler world not be such a hyper-politically correct oversensitive until desensitized place.

I think those colors are bunk, but I like choice so I am all for them.

MM
building
only want that olive one, they didn't need to call it "camo themed" or whatever.
bemushroomed
Some people in this thread should watch the latest season of South Park (best in 10+ years).. hihi

Also, if you get offended by words i'm wondering if you ever read the news.. just saying.
Crude
Quote:
Please let our little Wiggler world not be such a hyper-politically correct oversensitive until desensitized place.

Yeah
Too bad these cables are for US.
I guess the shipping costs would be too much.
wsy
The somewhat-amusing trick is this....

Countries have their own idiosyncracies, partially due to history. Like in Austria, bars have to stay open until there is no one left who wants to drink.

Or in Germany - where the oldest law on the books is how to make beer correctly. I think that's something to be proud of,
actually. Knowing how to live well is damn important.

Or in Britain - the right to be judged by a jury of their peers... (which doesn't mean what people take it to mean nowadays, but close enough)

Or Turkey - the Turkish constitution _requires_ the Turkish military to take over the civilian government if the civilian government
becomes a religious dictatorship rather than a secular democratic government. That's something beautiful... kind of
like "pikuach nefesh" on a grand scale.

The United States was the first successful rebellion against a globe-spanning empire. Out of that, we got the right to own and bear arms. Not
the privilege, the -right-. (and also, jus soli citizenship - you're born here, you're a citizen. Hell, born in US airspace, or on a US
flag ship, you're a citizen by birth.)

I know of no other country on the planet where the people have the -right- to own the instruments of government overthrow. Nor of
any other country on the planet where the founders hoped for revolution every twenty years or so as a worst case, and so planned for
continuous revolution (elections every two years, four years, and six years, rotating schedule)

The US is not parlamentary for that reason; most countries have a ruling party until a vote of no confidence takes the ruling party down.

The US has regularly scheduled votes of no confidence. Because in 250 years we haven't found someone worthy of continuing
confidence.

Put it this way- do you trust your government (okay, anybody except the Swiss? Switzerland is a special case that I have
no clue as to how it continues to run like.... well, like a Swiss watch. :-) )

And if you do, wanna buy an original Telharmonium really cheap? :-)

- Bill

* But interestingly, during 1776-1777, while Britain held NYC during the American Revolution, if you were born in
British-held NYC, you weren't automatically an American citizen.

* pikuach nefesh --- the Hebrew law that, if I interpret it correctly, says "If, to save a life you must break any other law, you shall
save the life and break that law. These are rules to live by, not to die because of."

If only the rest of the rules on this planet were as enlightened as pikuach nefesh.
building
Anyone happen to order olive cables and receive black cables instead?
rklem
Anyone working with these cables now? I like the colours, but I'm wondering if they would be difficult to distinguish in dim light.
tioJim
I've got some (from Thonk in the UK) and I really like 'em.

IMHO 'camo' simply describes a specific colour palette these days rather than referencing 'camouflage' itself.
tioJim
wsy wrote:
The United States was the first successful rebellion against a globe-spanning empire.

Oh the irony!
subdo
rklem wrote:
Anyone working with these cables now? I like the colours, but I'm wondering if they would be difficult to distinguish in dim light.

I use almost exclusively control cables (as well as a bunch of stacks) and have almost every color including the camo ones. The beige and olive green are roughly the same brightness as in if you took a b&w shot they would be very close in shade but the colors are different enough that I've never had any trouble telling them apart even in low light.
peripatitis
wsy wrote:

I know of no other country on the planet where the people have the -right- to own the instruments of government overthrow.The US is not parlamentary for that reason; most countries have a ruling party until a vote of no confidence takes the ruling party down.

Going against the u.s goverment with rifles must have a tad worst sucess probability than doing so with coconuts..smile
Am i hallucinating

Did i just read through a thread where people got offended because patch cables were called "camo" color? LMAO
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1