MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Argos Bleak - what do we know?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Argos Bleak - what do we know?
Daisuk
I've seen the name Argos Bleak being mentioned. It was mentioned in an FB post by Harvestman (I think it was on Facebook, anyway), in conjunction with having to re-calibrate oscillators (for Stillson 2 and Argos Bleak) - so could we assume it's some sort of sequencer as well? Quantizer? Something else that has to do with pitch tracking?

Any other suggestions? smile
mt3
"Base frequency and range reset for use with Argos Bleak and Stillson Hammer Mark ]["
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=140872

Triggering thing? CV Back-Massage unit? Antiquantizer? Ransom note composer?
Starrefision
scott gave me a few pages with some upcoming modules about 9 months ago, and it's been interesting to see the early mock-ups,
as compared to the final versions.
you should be able to get a better idea of the argos bleak from this pic.
i would assume it's highly subject to changes though.
it's one of the new batch i was really looking forward to.
Daisuk
Damn! Thanks for posting, starfision! That looks pretty interesting. thumbs up
governor blacksnake
Argos Bleak is a 4-channel oscillator driver module that will have a detailed announcement made after NAMM. I made the decision to increase the panel width to 15HP, having decided that expansion modules are insulting to the customer in all but the most exceptional circumstances. The module allows for semitone/fine tune/vibrato/slew of all connected oscillators and uses the same quantizer engine as the new Stillson Hammer. The semitone offsets per channel are programmable as presets, stepping through them becomes a chord sequence. The 13HP module you see above has existed for a very long time, but I think it could benefit from some extra space and some minor control revisions.
robotopsy
I personnally dont mind expansion modules. It brings possibilities steps beyond the lonely module.
waveglider
robotopsy wrote:
I personnally dont mind expansion modules. It brings possibilities steps beyond the lonely module.

Scott is saying that it is better to have all the possibilities already on the main module instead of saving a few hp and relegating the extras to an expander.
Daisuk
governor blacksnake wrote:
Argos Bleak is a 4-channel oscillator driver module that will have a detailed announcement made after NAMM. I made the decision to increase the panel width to 15HP, having decided that expansion modules are insulting to the customer in all but the most exceptional circumstances. The module allows for semitone/fine tune/vibrato/slew of all connected oscillators and uses the same quantizer engine as the new Stillson Hammer. The semitone offsets per channel are programmable as presets, stepping through them becomes a chord sequence. The 13HP module you see above has existed for a very long time, but I think it could benefit from some extra space and some minor control revisions.

Damn. Nice! That sounds great. But it won't do octave switching?
adamon
Gov's Instagram hints that this is still grumbling... nanners
mt3
adamon wrote:
Gov's Instagram hints that this is still grumbling... nanners

Good eye...
https://www.instagram.com/p/BK4k235BTg9
Drc3p0
I got to hear the Argos bleak on the NAMM floor and it is my favorite new model this year...Curious what other IEM modules it should be paired with to get the most out of its potential chaos.. [/img]
Drc3p0
mt3
Argos Bleak and NAMM 2017 case demo:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BPgp6WfD8Li
richc90
In case anyone was wondering, Argos Bleak is a character in Captain Planet.
Daisuk
richc90 wrote:

Thanks! Here's the old names thread. smile

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=70784&highlight=
mt3
richc90 wrote:

Excellent exegesis. The references are obscure to me.
PompeiiRuler
This one has me interested! So, is this sort of a shift register in a way? If one were to feed the oscillators with the same pitch sequence and run their outputs through the AB, you could in theory get 4 different melodies?
richc90
PompeiiRuler wrote:
If one were to feed the oscillators with the same pitch sequence and run their outputs through the AB, you could in theory get 4 different melodies?

Argos Bleak processes CV rather than audio, so you'd feed the sequence to the oscillators via Bleak. But if you fed a sequence into Bleak, it will give you four versions of that sequence which will differ depending on the settings for the respective channels (slew, offset, vibrato, etc.).
PompeiiRuler
@richc90
Thanks for responding. I'll be putting it on the list of potential purchases for 2017. I'll wait for the cost and budget accordingly. Sigh.
Infinity Curve
This one definitely caught my eye. Interested to see and hear more. I think this would be very useful for me
mt3

Some Argos Bleak discussion here.
Handmedown
High anticipation for this one. I hope they keep the black panel. It contrasts nicely with yellow.
robotopsy
I really doubt it will stay black. Usualy it's for the prototypes. hmmm.....

Handmedown wrote:
High anticipation for this one. I hope they keep the black panel. It contrasts nicely with yellow.
mt3
robotopsy wrote:
I really doubt it will stay black. Usualy it's for the prototypes. hmmm.....

Handmedown wrote:

Join me in bombarding Guv with requests for blackpanels made available on the IME store. SlayerBadger!
richc90
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4