MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

verbos multistage tempo problem?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author verbos multistage tempo problem?
droningsphagettimonster
hello! so far i've been having the best time with the module, but mostly using it slaved to external clock. i was messing around with it with its internal clock tonight and i noticed that the clock seems to be in audiorate at all time. i'm not able to take a video but its super fast, no matter how i turn the knob. so fast that all lights are on at once. this can't be normal, or what? am i maybe misunderstanding the module? i saw a video on youtube and there seemed to be no problem to have slow tempo or normal tempo or what ever. i just noticed this tonight...
droningsphagettimonster
oh, i'm using uzeus, not having any trouble with the 4 pole filter.
slirak
Mine goes down to like three or four seconds per step when using the internal clock, so I'd say there's definitely something wrong with your unit.
sprout23
Yes there is a known problem with the VMS. I have two of them that both run at different speeds, both slower speeds though(2-4 seconds per step also). I usually clock mine from a different source. You'll have to contact Verbos and get it repaired.
mrgetz
Hi Guys,
I can't seem to have the clock working on the Verbos Multistage. When I press the start button nothing happens. Any idea of what this may be?
Sleipnir
mrgetz wrote:
Hi Guys,
I can't seem to have the clock working on the Verbos Multistage. When I press the start button nothing happens. Any idea of what this may be?

Need more info.

Is this patched? Have you tried with nothing patched at all?
Does the 'Advance' button do anything?
When you move the 'Analog' knob and push the 'Strobe' button, does anything happen?
mritenburg
Sleipnir wrote:
mrgetz wrote:
Hi Guys,

Need more info.

Is this patched? Have you tried with nothing patched at all?
Does the 'Advance' button do anything?
When you move the 'Analog' knob and push the 'Strobe' button, does anything happen?

That's a good point. If you accidentally push 'strobe' for a few seconds, you might be in voltage addressed mode. You have to press 'strobe' again to disengage voltage addressed mode. Then pressing 'start' should run the internal clock. If not, You might need to contact verbos.
mrgetz
Thanks for your replies, guys!
When I press the strobe button nothing happens besides the light turning on and when I move the analog dial (with strobe on) I can travel through the 8 voltage stages. When I press the advance button (either in play or stop modes) it will advance to the next voltage stage. I emailed verbs but they didn't reply yet...
7C
could you or did you solve the problem? a friend has a similar issue with the ms's internal clock, doesnt do anything til the time dial is at the far right and then its like random 3000 bpms grin
A.S.
I am not sure if i should call it a problem, but i have my concerns about the tempo too.

Earlier on I used to have 2 Voltage Multistages, that ran on sort pf the same speed with the time dial at 12 o clock, but when turned up to 3 o clock, 1 of them ran 3 times faster than the other.

These have long gone, but i got another one recently and since a week or 2 it seems like the range has changed.

i'm letting it pass through a clock divider now.
A.S.
or i just use the advance input
Clacky
I have basically the same problem with mine. When I patch in a constant voltage to the time c v on the Multistage I can manage to slow it down quite a bit, but not nearly as slow as I'd like it to get. What's odd is that this issue appeared only after I'd owned it a few months, and seems to have gotten worse in the last month or so.
Humungus
hi erveryboby,

my first VMS became after one week an ugly internal clock behavior. Speed range from 0-3000 bpm, nothing between.

so i bring it back to the shop and they give me a new VMS. erverything seems to be ok, for a while, but totay when the internal clock runs with the big Time Knob fully cw, its 3-5 times faster as it should be , maybe more.

this is my second VMS with internal clocks problems very frustrating

anyone els have this clock problem ?

cheers Humi
drxcm
mine had similar issues with the internal clock being too fast, and the clock speed would increase as the module warmed up with case heat etc. external clocking was fine.

had it "repaired" but in the end was given a brand new one which seems to function perfectly now..
Clacky
just sent mine off to Verbos for repair...
boe_dye
So I bought mine a little less than a month ago from the wonderful team at Detroit Modular, and because I live far, far away they told me to make a video documenting the issue.

Is this what everyone else's is doing?

https://youtu.be/EOxgiai_nfQ
carvingcode
That's how my Tempo knob works. It may move a little slower but definitely not what I would expect cranked all the way down.

I spoke with Sonya from Verbos at Knobcon last weekend. She said I may have one of the first ones sold and to email them and request an RMA. She said the fix is pretty quick and sounded very familiar with the problem.

Even though you recently bought yours it's no guarantee that it is not an older manufactured unit.
boe_dye
carvingcode wrote:
That's how my Tempo knob works. I spoke with Sonya from Verbos at Knobcon last weekend. She said I may have one of the first ones sold and to email them and request an RMA. She said the fix is pretty quick and sounded very familiar with the problem.

Even though you recently bought yours it's no guarantee that it is not an older manufactured unit.

So you just went right to Verbos, then? I'll keep that in mind once I have conferred with Detroit!
carvingcode
boe_dye wrote:
carvingcode wrote:
That's how my Tempo knob works. I spoke with Sonya from Verbos at Knobcon last weekend. She said I may have one of the first ones sold and to email them and request an RMA. She said the fix is pretty quick and sounded very familiar with the problem.

So you just went right to Verbos, then? I'll keep that in mind once I have conferred with Detroit!

I did. Reading thru threads here, I noticed people getting good service directly from Verbos.
boe_dye
carvingcode wrote:
boe_dye wrote:
carvingcode wrote:

I did. Reading thru threads here, I noticed people getting good service directly from Verbos.

So I talked to both Daniel and Trent from Detroit Modular and they spoke to Mark Verbos at Knobcon regarding the issue. He is quite aware of this, and of course everything will be covered for repair (hooray)!

Little bit of insight that I received; Mark thinks that it has something to do with small power surges when the rack powers on, and it's causing the internal clock to malfunction. I guess different racks power up a little bit differently. I'm told that the fix is quick, so I'm not expecting too much down time. I'll post to this thread if I hear anything else!
A.S.
same here, when i got it (replacing one with similar problems) i checked these things first and everything seemed to be fine.
but now, after a few weeks, the response to the time cv knob is way off, over all it runs less slow and when switched on, it speeds up after a while.

i have tried it with verbos power supply and with doepfer psu2. same results.

i don't believe this is a problem with earliest batches, but in fact something more recent.
i used to have 2 of them that ran at different speed, but did not behave badly in time. this one i got very recently, from a european supplier that had just been restocked, after being out of them.

being in europe, i'm not at all happy about sending it back. it will take some time, even if it's a quick fix - and i hope customs will understand.

anyway - i sent a message to verbos and first have to wait and see, what they have to say.

drxcm wrote:
mine had similar issues with the internal clock being too fast, and the clock speed would increase as the module warmed up with case heat etc. external clocking was fine.

had it "repaired" but in the end was given a brand new one which seems to function perfectly now..
Leverkusen
A.S. wrote:
same here, when i got it (replacing one with similar problems) i checked these things first and everything seemed to be fine.
but now, after a few weeks, the response to the time cv knob is way off, over all it runs less slow and when switched on, it speeds up after a while.

i have tried it with verbos power supply and with doepfer psu2. same results.

i don't believe this is a problem with earliest batches, but in fact something more recent.
i used to have 2 of them that ran at different speed, but did not behave badly in time. this one i got very recently, from a european supplier that had just been restocked, after being out of them.

being in europe, i'm not at all happy about sending it back. it will take some time, even if it's a quick fix - and i hope customs will understand.

anyway - i sent a message to verbos and first have to wait and see, what they have to say.

drxcm wrote:

hmmm..... Why don't you send it back to the european supplier? That's what I do with my Verbos modules all the time - I think Alex4 is the the distributor for europe and does the repair on their modules. Or they send them back to the US which takes some time then but you would not have the hassle with the customs officers... thumbs up
A.S.
Thanks! i will try and contact them.

never thought of it.
Clacky
Got mine back from Verbos a while ago and: so far so good.
A.S.
Leverkusen wrote:
hmmm..... Why don't you send it back to the european supplier? That's what I do with my Verbos modules all the time - I think Alex4 is the the distributor for europe and does the repair on their modules. Or they send them back to the US which takes some time then but you would not have the hassle with the customs officers... thumbs up

Alex 4 won't accept it, unless it's being sent through a shop. sadly i got this one (almost brand new) here on muff's, from someone who may or may not have noticed the problem.

i absolutely love verbos and have bought plenty of them, but when i include bad calibration jobs at delivery and the way one responds to issues with modules/ after sales service, i am starting to get mixed feelings.

these aren't the cheapest modules and i've had issues before with bad calibrated complex vco and voltage multistage, i had 2 of the noisy dual 4pole filters, before i got a nice sounding one. in many cases the response to cv attenuators is off, and even now, when there's what i think is a fresh problem with the vm clock, that isn't limited to 1 or 2 pieces, there's not a word of excuse. it seems to be regarded normal, that things aren't supplied up to specs, or ith a fault. you can take the west coast laissez faire attitude too far
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4