MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

3trinsRGB+1c RGB Output Expander
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author 3trinsRGB+1c RGB Output Expander
cskonopka
Has anyone built this kit yet? Curious about clunkiness. For some reason I keep thinking of game genie.
Dirty_Bill
cskonopka wrote:
Has anyone built this kit yet? Curious about clunkiness. For some reason I keep thinking of game genie.

I have one on the bench now but haven't finished. A right angle header connector on the 3trins would make a short cable connection easier- more after the holidays when I get back to the bench and figure out the logistics..
cskonopka
Dirty_Bill wrote:
cskonopka wrote:

I have one on the bench now but haven't finished. A right angle header connector on the 3trins would make a short cable connection easier- more after the holidays when I get back to the bench and figure out the logistics..

Awesome!!! I can't wait to see this, really excited about the potential but haven't seen much. Any pictures would be amazing. Does it connect easily to the 3Trins itself? Does this come with a panel? So many questions.
Paulyvoks
Just got my 3trinsRGB+1c back with the RGB expander installed via Lars.

VERY happy with the results and have been messing with it for hours! applause
makers
Could you please post a pic of how it's installed/mounted?

Thanks!
elklotzy
i recently installed one... but i'm having issues...

there seem to be diagonal/vertical scan lines throughout all output (see https://vimeo.com/158695925/445bb1ef50)

what did i do/am i doing wrong?!?!
Paulyvoks
makers wrote:

Thanks!

Slightly awkward. The whole deal needs to be fastened down to a larger base.
Good enough. I wouldn't have trusted myself with the installation. A ribbon cable to breakout panel would rock.
Dirty_Bill
elklotzy wrote:
i recently installed one... but i'm having issues...

there seem to be diagonal/vertical scan lines throughout all output (see https://vimeo.com/158695925/445bb1ef50)

what did i do/am i doing wrong?!?!

Did you follow Lars revised hookup diagram? Can you post a picture of how the expander is connected?
Dirty_Bill
Paulyvoks wrote:
makers wrote:

Thanks!

Slightly awkward. The whole deal needs to be fastened down to a larger base.
Good enough. I wouldn't have trusted myself with the installation. A ribbon cable to breakout panel would rock.

I used discrete wires to breakout panel for mine. If you don't mind the extra real estate, the expansion header location as pictured is a solid connection point.
elklotzy
Dirty_Bill

tbh i got a friend w/ engineering background to do it for me... but i did give the revised doc's and just recently bought the pcb so i assume that everything should be chill on the revision front. my guess is something is wired wrong in a way that doesn't regard the rgb. i'll try to post some pics when i'm back at my studio...
TERRORVISION
Hey folks...

Just thought I'd chime in with my own method for attaching the Output Expander as it came across my desk this week...
I simply bent a set of female and male headers we had lying around to mount at 90 degrees, clipped pins and flew wires where necessary...
this method works well with the Output Expander mounted directly or could be adapted for a looser dongle/ribbon cable-style setup...

CHEERS!!

tenshun
Thats a awesome idea! I have been puzzled on ways to attach it to my 3trins and still have it removable.

i will have to look into this mod.
f4c3v4lu3
Has anyone tried casing up this mod yet? It's currently on my bench (along with the finished 3trins...) and I'm trying to conceive of the "end-game" so I can incorporate any necessary modifications during assembly
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1