MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Any CVs to MIDI in Buchland?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Any CVs to MIDI in Buchland?
dkcg
I don't suppose anyone sends midi from their buchla?
prscrptn
The 200e doesn't have a MIDI output; but I was recently looking at Silent Way and it does have a CV to MIDI plug-in that could be very cool to use with the 222e...
dkcg
Thanks prscrptn. I'm restarting doing some research into Buchla, gonna hopefully get an order in for a boat and a module or two soon, so I'm trying to think about what should stay, and what should go. RS-35 and A-192 may stay.
infinite7
it's 50% right, the buchla can't send midi though it does have a second
midi port on the back of the 225e that is supposed to send midi.
but it has of yet not been implemented.
same as the usb port on the 225e.
attacksustain
dkcg wrote:
Thanks prscrptn. I'm restarting doing some research into Buchla, gonna hopefully get an order in for a boat and a module or two soon, so I'm trying to think about what should stay, and what should go. RS-35 and A-192 may stay.

Does the A-192 send note on/off messages ? I was under the impression it couldn't, but if it does, perhaps I'll pick one up. I've been waiting for the forthcoming Analogue Solutions CV->MIDI module for this purpose.

That's my current strategy for eurorack->200e CV interfacing. I picked up a format jumbler and a couple euro modules for CV amplification/attenuation, but I'm not holding out much hope for that being as straightforward as it sounds.
bsmith
prscrptn wrote:
The 200e doesn't have a MIDI output; but I was recently looking at Silent Way and it does have a CV to MIDI plug-in that could be very cool to use with the 222e...

Trippy plugin, works well for me (have no idea how this would go in Buchlaland). The plugin uses a 'generator' and a 'decoder'. The generator sends a signal to the signal in of a vca in your modular, you put the pitch into the cv input and the output is then taken back in to silentway where the 'decoder' - decodes, and you can then do what you will with it.
dkcg
attacksustain wrote:
dkcg wrote:

Does the A-192 send note on/off messages ? I was under the impression it couldn't, but if it does, perhaps I'll pick one up. I've been waiting for the forthcoming Analogue Solutions CV->MIDI module for this purpose.

That's my current strategy for eurorack->200e CV interfacing. I picked up a format jumbler and a couple euro modules for CV amplification/attenuation, but I'm not holding out much hope for that being as straightforward as it sounds.

Not out of the box. I'm keeping mine for now and using Max to manipulate the midi data coming out of it. I believe it was just CC information, and you need to give it only positive signals, offset/attenuate. Not the most precise way, but good enough for LFO speeds. But you would probably need to smooth out the information before sending it on. I think the ASys one is a much better solution, and less hassles.

I was thinking about he format jumbler, especially the ground for the banana side. Where would you ground that to on a 200e? Is that possible? I assume if there's no way to ground the banana side, it's kinda useless for a buchla. I hope I'm wrong.
citizen mori
rs300! one must pair it with a clever comparator or shaper (rs50!) to extract expected note on/off signals from the e-series equivalent but it works fine.
infinite7
dkcg wrote:

I was thinking about he format jumbler, especially the ground for the banana side. Where would you ground that to on a 200e? Is that possible? I assume if there's no way to ground the banana side, it's kinda useless for a buchla. I hope I'm wrong.

on the back of your powered boat is a banana jack ground, so you just might need to make an adaptor, and then all is golden.
dkcg
infinite7 wrote:
dkcg wrote:

on the back of your powered boat is a banana jack ground, so you just might need to make an adaptor, and then all is golden.

SlayerBadger!
awesome. I thought maybe there was no external access to the ground.

I'm hoping I can still use the euro stuff to some extent, not a lot of hope, but some inkling. Euruchla.
citizen mori
dkcg wrote:
Euruchla.

Buepher?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1