MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

NoiseRing Demo
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Author NoiseRing Demo
Kwote
well i guess i got sorted w00t

so here's a duophonic patch utilizing two vco's, the noise ring's main out & aux out for pitch and noise out for FM.

this thing is a monster. i feel like i just fell in love with the devil love Flamey love

http://www.kwotemusic.com/NoiseRingFuckDown.mp3

i called it fuckdown cuz it's a totally rushed recording but i have to burst the cherry as per my usual when rackin up a new family member.

parasitk
Blue, no less! Damn man, congrats! You'll love it.
Kwote
parasitk wrote:

already love it. head over heels. i swear if i wasn't a half step away from being completely twisted i'd probably wack off to it's modulations. woah..

did i just type that? shit.
Moog$FooL$
Kwote wrote:
parasitk wrote:

already love it. head over heels. i swear if i wasn't a half step away from being completely twisted i'd probably wack off to it's modulations. woah..

did i just type that? shit.

well... i guess you just did. d'oh! lol

i gotta say those blue wiard easily look the best of all the frac's!!! 8)

your sample seems to showcase it well. can you explain just what the NR's main functions are up to?? i think i can basically tell by your sample what's going on with it, but i'm just to lazy right now to read the full meal deal about it that i'd probably find on the wiard site.

how do you plan on using it???
Kwote
i'll break it all down in the morning, but for now here's another demo of the Noise Ring utilizing the Hexzone and Jag:

http://www.kwotemusic.com/ringhexjag.mp3

Viking
Roycie Roller
That is sweet!
Is the panel engraved?
I was recently reading an account by Muff where the noise was normalled to another function (i think on the 6 jack version)- got me to thinking about disconnecting it & wiring up a noise out jack..i probably won't though. The test socket could be interesting to mess around with though.
Nice track, too!
Kwote
Roycie Roller wrote:
That is sweet!
Is the panel engraved?
I was recently reading an account by Muff where the noise was normalled to another function (i think on the 6 jack version)- got me to thinking about disconnecting it & wiring up a noise out jack..i probably won't though. The test socket could be interesting to mess around with though.
Nice track, too!

if you already have a good white noise source i wouldn't sweat it. it basically doesn't change regardless of the settings. that's actually what's so cool for me. i don't have to tie up all it's amazing functions if i need some white noise for a snare or hat or whatever.
Kwote
oh yeah, the lettering is engraved. the gargoyle's are silkscreened as far as i can tell.
Muff Wiggler
SUPER SWEET!!! A blue even!!

The post I made earlier is something to check because it originally wasn't working (10 second fix - stuck normalling jack) on the first Noise Ring I bought.....and it's very easy to not realize something is wrong, BUT you get one of the coolest features of the NR when it is working...

with NOTHING plugged into the External Rate input, adjusting the Ext Rate knob should take you from a steady clock (at the Clock Out jack) at 7:00, to totally fucked up, unstable, bursty-clock goodness at 5:00

if adjusting this knob doesn't do anything when there is NOTHING plugged into the Ext Rate jack, check the normalling of the jack. Super awesome function

it is the noise that is normalled into Ext In when nothing is plugged into the jack

congrats Kwote!!! probably one of my two or three most favorite modules ever. Maybe even my most favorite. That blue is sure a beauty!! w00t
Babaluma
i agree, one of my favourite modules of all time! i've got a couple of patches i can upload when i have a bit more time.
Kwote
yeah, i read through the wiard page so many times and didn't really get it. but now that i have the NR it all makes so much sense.

that last track i posted is a prime example of the ext rate at work but i plugged in a square lfo.

but yeah when it's unplugged another type of madness ensues.

as far as the original patch there's really not much to it. NR main out patched to 1v of VCO 1. NR aux out patched to 1v of VCO 2. NR noise out multed to FM in of VCO 1 & 2. the VCO's were filtered by the Dual Filter. and the NR clock out was patched to the gate of the EG1, patched to the CV's of the Dual VCA where the VCO's were routed before hitting the filter.

i like the 2nd track a bit more though. having a Noise Ring clocking the Hexzone, with modulation from the NR routed through the JAG to all the various CV's. deeeeeeeeeeliissssshhhhhhhh. Coffee Addiction FTW
Moog$FooL$
hey.

thanx for all this Kwote. smile

yeah, the second track seemed to show it off quite well i guess.

the NR. is definitely on my wish list.
Kwote
Moog$FooL$ wrote:
hey.

thanx for all this Kwote. smile

yeah, the second track seemed to show it off quite well i guess.

the NR. is definitely on my wish list.

it's my pleasure. i love recording and posting and i love Wiard modules. smile

i understand if you might still be a little puzzled about it's capabilities. for me i could be listening and reading this thread as well as Wiard's NoiseRing page and not get it unless i owned the module and created the tracks with it. nothing crys experience as the best teacher more than this module out of all the other modules i've owned.

i've only spent an evening with it. got it yesterday and posted tracks with it the same night. i can't wait to really grow old with this module. and the rest of my modules now that i'm thinking about it smile
felix
bad ass! I'm gonna have to carve up some of that first clip for my ringtone!
Kwote
felix wrote:
bad ass! I'm gonna have to carve up some of that first clip for my ringtone!

go for it! i take delight in knowing i may contribute to disturbing old ladies and freaking out dogs while your out in public.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Page 1 of 1