MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Frobe Modular
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Frobe Modular
coyoteous

https://reverb.com/item/1445444-modular-synthesizer-moog-style-100-han dwired-prototype

Pretty cool handmade one-off/prototype...
coyoteous
Couple videos on the Matrix:

http://www.matrixsynth.com/2015/02/frobe-5u-modular.html
ericD13
The chaos generator and CV recorder seems intriging
defutura
Are their CP panels smaller than Moog CP panels, or do I need new glasses?
sduck
La la la violating forum rules la la la all sales posts go in For Sale section la la la no posting for sale posts for others la la la moderator looking other way (this time)la la la don't do it again La la la di dah
coyoteous
Sorry... if not now suitably edited, please delete thread.

Edit: Right on... link back.

No, not mine... I gather that there is or was intention for crowd-funding, etc.

It actually just popped up in a sidebar ad while I was surfing as that site seems to be currently stalking me... probably from searching for MOTM and 5U there.

I shall now take the rest of the day off to bask in the glory of my mighty 100 posts!
coyoteous
ericD13 wrote:
The chaos generator and CV recorder seems intriging

Indeed.
defutura wrote:

They do look 2Uish to me.
sduck
coyoteous wrote:
Sorry... if not now suitably edited, please delete thread.

No, it's fine now, and was pretty much fine before - it's very on topic in this particular subforum. And actually that link was nice because you could easily zoom in on the picture and see what's really going on - you can put it back if you want, as long you're not the one selling it (given the geographic difference I would assume that).
Henfield
defutura wrote:

It is okay if they are thinner than the standard CP, but hopefully they will fit, height wise!
marfoski
I'd swear the CV Recorder it's the ACX P-Sequencer with the Yusynth panel.

http://www.acxsynth.com/pseq/pseqfr.htm
JohnLRice
Hey, I totally missed this thread and modular brand before! It's an interesting, good sounding, and handsome little synth from what I can see and hear. love

Here's some 'borrowed for posterity' pics from that Reverb sale of the prototype:

Here's some videos:

Huba-Swift
The VCA, LFO, and S/H all seem to have the exact same panel layout as the Yusynth equivalents. I wonder if they are just re-branded Yusynth modules for the most-part... Either way, it's a beautiful looking little modular setup.
cornutt
Is it just the way I'm looking at it, or does it have behind-the-panel wiring between modules?
cycad73
Sounds really good actually... hard also to improve on the form factor.

Like all such good things, it seems we can't have them. I don't see any evidence this is currently being made... I remember also a "Marienberg modular" that had very good demos, also unobtainium
JohnLRice
cycad73 wrote:

Like all such good things, it seems we can't have them. I don't see any evidence this is currently being made... I remember also a "Marienberg modular" that had very good demos, also unobtainium
I don't know if it's possible to buy a Frobe or not but you can buy Marienberg modules and systems either direct or from a couple different retailers like Thomann in the UK and they are showing many items in stock hyper Mr. Green https://www.thomann.de/gb/search.html?gf=modular_synthesizers&bf=marie nberg_devices&pg=1&ls=25
cycad73
JohnLRice wrote:
cycad73 wrote:

I don't know if it's possible to buy a Frobe or not but you can buy Marienberg modules and systems either direct or from a couple different retailers like Thomann in the UK and they are showing many items in stock hyper Mr. Green https://www.thomann.de/gb/search.html?gf=modular_synthesizers&bf=marie nberg_devices&pg=1&ls=25

very cool, thanks! I'm glad to be corrected!
hsosdrum
cornutt wrote:
Is it just the way I'm looking at it, or does it have behind-the-panel wiring between modules?

Looks that way to me as well.
josaka
Marienberg are probably slightly 'unobtainium' as they dont reply to emails..
JohnLRice
josaka wrote:
Well, they replied to me a couple years ago or so when I inquired about a module. cool
josaka
JohnLRice wrote:
josaka wrote:
Well, they replied to me a couple years ago or so when I inquired about a module. cool

but... ..you are the chosen one.. I however am not.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1