MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Tape experiments
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Tape experiments
weinglas
Sounds from a self oscillating tape echo drenched in reverb!

[s]http://soundcloud.com/weinglas/tape-experiments[/s]
Swann
Beauty!
weinglas
Swann wrote:
Beauty!

Thanks a lot! hyper
jollyal
holy shit
weinglas
jollyal wrote:
holy shit

Thank you Guinness ftw!
pinkandbluenoise
Really wonderful sound. If only the tape echo had cv inputs!
weinglas
pinkandbluenoise wrote:
Really wonderful sound. If only the tape echo had cv inputs!

Thanks!

And here is the answer from T-Rex regarding CV. It seems to be doable, but it might be a bit dangerous: "As for the CV control, yes. BUT: You should stick to a maximum of 3V (0-3V). And check if the cables are wired correctly, otherwise you will burn the internals."
muckmires
Very nice, and yes!!!-- tape echo with CV input!!!
flo
Great job Weinglas! Self-oscillating tape echos are so much fun! I made this one recently using a RES4 to get melodies out of a self-oscillating RE201:

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/239848256" params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments= true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]

https://soundcloud.com/contracommunemopinionem/dec-15-space-echo-reson ator

Detailed patch descriptions here or on Soundcloud It's peanut butter jelly time!

Cheers Guinness ftw!
weinglas
Thanks a lot @ muckmires and flo screaming goo yo

And flo: Chapeau! Love this applause
flo
Thank you very much weinglas, much appreciated! we're not worthy applause SlayerBadger!

Cheers Guinness ftw!
renny3c
Self oscillating delay drenched in reverb... it always the simple things in life that make the magic!

applause applause applause

cheers!
Robert McLeod
That is extraordinary work! Thank you for sharing we're not worthy
sungja
Awesome! SlayerBadger!

Would love to hear more.
weinglas
Thanks guys, I really appreciate this screaming goo yo
vkngpmhc
these are so pretty!
whiteheatnoise
Pretty awesome!
rabbitpunch
That was great! I want about 30 more minutes of it though.
weinglas
rabbitpunch wrote:
That was great! I want about 30 more minutes of it though.

Thank you! Will think about the 30 minutes hihi
Ruisgenoot
+1 On the "longer please" we're not worthy
Crisp
I approve on every level! I have a nice EP-3 with the black surface and three horns on front. That being said, I think the RE-201's sound better with electronic stuff. I want one. Three!

-Crisp It's peanut butter jelly time!
pieter
Pardon my ignorance, but what is "self oscillating tape echo"?

Both pieces on this page are absolutely wonderful.
HypatiasAngst
this is fantastic, so ethereal! which verb did you use?
flo
pieter wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, but what is "self oscillating tape echo"?

Both pieces on this page are absolutely wonderful.

Thanks! It's a tape echo driven into feedback so you get an oscillating tone without using an input signal.

You can do this with every delay, doesn't have to be a tape echo. You might need a mixer to set up the feedback: Aux send to delay input, delay output back to a channel of the mixer; now, use the send on that channel to drive delay feedback. (Obviously, that works with any effect and also without one at all.)

There's also a fun little "standard" trick hidden in there: With that technique, ignoring the feedback possibilities, you can create beautiful strange delays out of the most boring and bland vanilla digital delays. Don't use the feedback on the unit itself, but set up your own loop and then insert things into the feedback loop: Experiment with the channel EQs first, maybe reduce the highs so that each repeat is a bit darker. Pitch shifters are tons of fun. And so on.

Have fun! SlayerBadger!

Cheers Guinness ftw!
pieter
Thanks flo, I will try that.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2