MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

What are you listening to now?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102  Next [all]
Author What are you listening to now?
SepticUnderground
Maybe this can bring back some music you forgot about or even never heard about.

np:

The Scorpions - Taken by Force (album)

great sound and tracks, from the good days

We'll Burn the Sky is Epic
neandrewthal
I'm going through all my old records from my high school days in alphabetical order and deciding what stays and what gets the boot to make room for new ones, so I should have plenty to talk about that people forgot or never cared about in the first place wink

Currently on: David Bowie - Let's Dance

I've got a few Scorpions including Taken by Force and was planning on chucking them without bothering to listen to them. I'll have to reconsider, but the S'es are a long way off MY ASS IS BLEEDING
neandrewthal
Now I'm on Shades of Deep Purple. It's a pretty nice pop album under a damn heavy(for 1968) exterior. There's even some weird synth squiggles at the beginning of their version of the Beatles' Help. I think I'll keep it.
thetwlo
ODW from rekkid versionLawnchairs
aetherpulse
I was listening to Oren Ambarchi and Hawkwind all day at work today.
BananaPlug
New Lost City Ramblers, "Don't Let Your Deal Go Down"

neandrewthal wrote:
Currently on: David Bowie - Let's Dance
Speaking of Bowie, I heard that they recorded vocals for the song Heros in a long basement like room with three microphones. One very close, one a few feet back, and one far back in the room. They let the dynamics of his performance determine the mix. It goes from intimate and breathy to massively belting it out. Sounds great.
Luka
jon hopkins - contact note + insides
andrewF
Funkadelic
self-titled 1st album on vinyl

"...If you will suck my soul
I will lick your funky emotions"
cluster
just purchased Corsano, Flaherty, Shoup "bounced check"... also just got two records from a group called Little Women.

Augustus Pablo,
Bruno Spoerri....

NPR
cluster
BananaPlug wrote:
Speaking of Bowie, I heard that they recorded vocals for the song Heros in a long basement like room with three microphones. One very close, one a few feet back, and one far back in the room. They let the dynamics of his performance determine the mix. It goes from intimate and breathy to massively belting it out. Sounds great.

interesting... i'll pay more attention to this in the future. that song is one of the best.... ever
dude
animal collective merriweather post pavilion
Just me
Manhunter Soundtrack is in the machine:
Shriekback (Bloody well one of my favorite bands, you've never heard of them.)
The Reds
Red 7
Kitaro
and more.

Was listening to Caterwaul and The Specials earlier.
MindMachine
Currently listening to wxpn Stars End electronic music show playing Tangerine Dream Rubycon...

earlier rocked SWEET Fanny Adams.... god I love the heavy Sweet!!!! SlayerBadger!

p.s. Scorpions kick ass until Lovedrive or maybe Animal Magnetism... after that is pretty bogus.
SepticUnderground
That Heroes record of Bowie is also a tribute to the german Krautrockers.
He even made a german sung version of it.

There was some krautroock docu online a few months ago it was addressed in that.

np:

Section 25 - The Key of Dreams
http://www.section25.com/biography/
http://sonofoneiros.blogspot.com/2009/03/section-25-key-of-dreams.html

on the Factory Records lable which was also was documented in a movie. Tony Wilson, what a story, anyways...

Joy Division, Happy Mondays and such were also on that label.

Section25 has a lot of different sound/styles, but this one is alot like joy division..
Kent
Jump to 2:24 if you wish to see all that I ever needed to know about dance moves:

Hard to beat those dub basslines, jagged guitars, and intelligent lyrical matter. All dipped in a crunchy skinny-boy-hardcore shell.

The dual-drummer/roadie era was tons o' fun:

And now for something with more hair and far less string-tension:

Luka
anders ilar - sworn
Reality Checkpoint
Tractor's eponymous album.

John Peel signed them to his Dandelion label in the 70's, and even gave them money to buy their PA! Terrific stuff!
andrewF
Blow Fly's Disco album

Goooooooooo on and
suck it
suck it
suck it til your satisfied...

go on and
fuck it
fuck it
etc

total class
BananaPlug
cluster wrote:
BananaPlug wrote:

interesting... i'll pay more attention to this in the future. that song is one of the best.... ever

I played it again to check my memory. There's a lot of great stuff going on to make this fairly slow song build intensity, like a bolero. I love the arrival of the tambourine track which they save until very late in the song, almost 4 minutes in. It's kind of breakthrough moment, and that sparkly sound completes the mix beautifully.
Babaluma
every year when i go back to the uk i bring another stack of my old vinyl collection back to japan with me.

some standout stuff has been all the old psychic tv albums, various hawkwind, fields of the nephilim, the who, and the cocteau twins, and the original pure trance mix of "what time is love" by the klf, the b-side is just the most amazing thing, and i can't believe it was released in 1988!!!
lightpolite
right now?
Flowers of Evil by Ruth White
SquidInSquidInk
Right now I'm enjoying Eric Copeland's solo records, particularly Hermaphrodite.

Also, Talk Normal.

And finally, the new Ufomammut:

Streaming preview available here.
SepticUnderground
de_raaf

for all the cats here
neandrewthal
I love Siouxsie

Listening to this right now:

It's the oldest long playing record I own and pretty scratchy despite the fact that it looks like new.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102  Next [all]
Page 1 of 102