MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

T-Rex Replicator
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author T-Rex Replicator
krv
http://www.t-rex-effects.com/replicator

unable to fix d'oh! go and get a look hihi
krv
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1Pn9MDlCtE[/video]
djpasica
krv wrote:
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1Pn9MDlCtE[/video]

delete "s" from "https"

krv
d'oh! many thanks!!!
Crowyote
I had one for a few days. It couldn't compare to either my Fulltone TTE or my Moog 104M Super Delay, so I didn't keep it.

Since this is a synth site, it's a good place to issue this warning. . . under no conditions should anyone plug anything but an expression pedal into the "Time" and "Feedback" jacks. I've had a long conversation with Kristian at T-Rex about this . . .

""The jack expects a potentiometer, not a signal voltage.

And this feature has nothing to do with the sound going through it or not. It is part of the digital brain, not the audio.

I have not checked just yet, but if you

1: Shorted the send signal from the processor to ground

2: Sent another control signal (0-3,3V) to the correct terminal

then nothing should be wrong with it."

This was after I had a Koma Elektronik RH-301 plugged into it for about 5-10 minutes. I think it was fine afterwards though. I just didn't care for the tone.
krv
speaking from a modular point of view, I understand that no cv/ expression pedal only could be considered a limit. But considering size, cost and ease in tape changing... I'd really like to try one
EMwhite
The pedal format, tap tempo capability and chorus is intriguing. But like Crowyote, I have a Fulltone TTE and also have an Echoplex EP-3 and my biggest concern would be about availability of tape or ease of making / winding my own.

Still, maybe this is a good get slightly below the price point of a Fulltone, but I'd probably invest in one of those cassette based Marantz re-issue/modded delays first (with footswitch). There is no emphasis on the preamp and maybe the choice should be between this and a Fulltone SS (a bit less expensive than a TTE) but I suppose all of these tape based delays have their market.
krv
EMwhite wrote:

Still, maybe this is a good get slightly below the price point of a Fulltone,

I don't know about market in the States, but it's half of the price in Eu
EMwhite
krv wrote:
I don't know about market in the States, but it's half of the price in Eu

Yes, it's a Euro vs. North America thing.

Replicator cost $899 here (pretty much across the board since it's new), and Fulltone SS (solid state front end) goes for $1,234 new so there is a difference.

Used TTEs or SS's go for well under $1,000 on eBay. it's all what you are after, I suppose. I just remember the days of Okidata and certain Epson dot matrix printers from the early-mid 80's. If they didn't catch on, good luck getting consumables. Hopefully this will be different. I can't say that Fulltone is treating replacement media with any fairness meaning that they will only sell to current owners, but the re-load of cartridges is well documented.
krv
EMwhite wrote:

Used TTEs or SS's go for well under $1,000 on eBay.

hmmm, just wondering if I'll ever find one in Eu, worth checking

EMwhite wrote:

I can't say that Fulltone is treating replacement media with any fairness meaning that they will only sell to current owners.

There's a big german shop who sells fulltone tapes, not cheap at all but...
duluthdack
Kind of want one... I wish I could demo it first
krv
duluthdack wrote:
Kind of want one... I wish I could demo it first

same here... with my own synth possibly... I sincerly like demos but, yo never know
MoogProDG
TTE's are all over EU. Bet you could even find an old echoplex in good shape over there!
weinglas
The replicator really is a nice toy. It sounds like it should sound: Old fashioned and not clean. I never found a simulation that sounded like this.

Here is another video:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U7RmXhoNus
weinglas
And another one!

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3CawMZS7Ik

Btw: I am already on my second cartridge ...
wwJacodo
How long (in feet) is the actual tape loop? Do you have an idea of how many minutes/hrs between the time a which you want to drop a new cartridge in?

Thanks
ExtrasensoryPerception
i was so underwhelmed with this.

In my humble opinion, it doesn't retain any of the interesting frequency respinse nor idiosyncrasies of classics like the Roland or Maestro boxes. It sounds characterless and muffled, but not in a cool way.

I was so bummed when i tested mine that i went back to the store to check if i got a dud, but all the others i tried (i tried three total) sounded like that.

I'd go with an emulation any day, over this.

Once again, my opinion, so i hope i didn't offend anyone!

EP
Crowyote
Just got a Fulltone SSTE. Blowing me away. I think I prefer it to the TTE. Now if only it were stereo!
Struggle
I went for one this weekend and can't stop playing it. I think it takes a little time to get the settings just right. I was using my Little Phatty and took me a minute to figure out the signal was way too hot. After I adjusted that it was smooth sailing. I'm happy to replace my old RE201 with this. So much more control and loving the feedback expression input. Can sound nice a crisp with some careful tweaking to feedback wobble madness. I was a little nervous because of all the negative stuff I've read..mostly about the price which is funny because I got it for a few hundred less than any RE201 or MF-104m for sale ATM.
smetak
Watching a few reviews of the past NAMM, caught this beast by T Rex, a repro of the famed Echorec:

http://pedals.thedelimagazine.com/sickest-stompbox-seen-at-namm-t-rex- binson-echorec/
durwin
Struggle wrote:
I went for one this weekend and can't stop playing it. I think it takes a little time to get the settings just right. I was using my Little Phatty and took me a minute to figure out the signal was way too hot. After I adjusted that it was smooth sailing. I'm happy to replace my old RE201 with this. So much more control and loving the feedback expression input. Can sound nice a crisp with some careful tweaking to feedback wobble madness. I was a little nervous because of all the negative stuff I've read..mostly about the price which is funny because I got it for a few hundred less than any RE201 or MF-104m for sale ATM.

About to replace my 201 with the Euro version...I think it sounds great, as it can almost get to 1sec of delay and introduces all those weird warbles and mid range gremlins...plus cv over feedback and delay time - 201 can't give me that SlayerBadger!
Struggle
durwin wrote:
Struggle wrote:

About to replace my 201 with the Euro version...I think it sounds great, as it can almost get to 1sec of delay and introduces all those weird warbles and mid range gremlins...plus cv over feedback and delay time - 201 can't give me that SlayerBadger!

Nice! I was torn between euro and pedal, but would have had to start another box for the euro. I saw one here on Muffs very recently for $650 never used..might still be around!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1