MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

new Waldorf Kassettenspieler !!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author new Waldorf Kassettenspieler !!!
blinosynth
seems cool Guinness ftw!
http://www.gearjunkies.com/2016/01/namm-2016-rumor-waldorf-kassettensp ieler-tapeloop-synthesizer/
taylor12k
seems some people think it's fake... but I hope not.

NAMM will tell...
myecholalia
same here.
was on the fence to buy something like a nagra more than once but always held off because of tape and maintenance effort/cost and pretty much no available parts in my area of the world.
if the kassettenspieler is real and done right, this'd be a candidate for the first purchase in 2016.
suboptimal
myecholalia wrote:
if the kassettenspieler is real and done right, this'd be a candidate for the first purchase in 2019.

Fixed. This is Waldorf we're talking about. hihi
myecholalia
haha, nice one hihi Guinness ftw!
fac
I think it's fake. That's one ugly rendering and it seems to lack the type of buttons and switches present in the Rocket, Streichfett and 2Pole. The font also doesn't match. Plus with that many sample memory it should have at least a 7-segment LED screen that indicates which sample set is being used.

However, Waldorf could really pull it off. Take the sample-playback engine from the Zarenbourg and repack it with the Streichfett form factor and effects. I'd love something like that.
Zon
Even if it is fake, i do hope companies will see how much GAS there is for something like this. I need this.
taylor12k
if you're really after the "tape" sound there is no digital device that comes close yet. I use a lot of tape.. from cassette to reel-to-reel and I also have a pile of tape emulation in software and hardware... and it's nothing like real tspe. not that is bad... the emulation is its own thing and often very cool...

but tape is tape. the Waldorf, should it end up being real, would be no substitution for a Nagra!

myecholalia wrote:
same here.
was on the fence to buy something like a nagra more than once but always held off because of tape and maintenance effort/cost and pretty much no available parts in my area of the world.
if the kassettenspieler is real and done right, this'd be a candidate for the first purchase in 2016.
Dave Mech
This thing does not make sense to me though. (I could be wrong ofc...)

128 gig memory over 12 memory slots. So yeah... 10 gb per sample? Could be 12 times X samples I guess... Still very strange.

"...inspired by the legendary sounds of tape instruments"

Tape instruments are? Does anybody have an example of one?

?

(plus there're actually two pictures each with different amount of knobs though treated as the same unit in the discription)
jonne74
Mellotron..
Dave Mech
jonne74 wrote:
Mellotron..

Gotcha. Thanks smile
Zymos
There are pics of two others floating around, vocoder and room simulator, as well as what looks like an early prototype of a sub bass synthesizer that it even "for sale" in a German shop. http://audioelectric.de/shop/product_info.php?info=p15872_waldorf-mage nbitter.html&XTCsid=fte3gk498f6a10nsadkq307ps6

noisejockey
If this IS real, it's a nice idea, I think: Mini Mellotron in a box. If it sounds nice, it'd be a nice alternative to the official and spendy Mellotron digital rack unit. Could be fun!(Only 12 memory slots, though, um, ok...)

Of course, it'd be MORE fun to have a Crudman, but those aren't exactly made in volume...
Zymos
"Price available upon request" Do you have to pay extra for labeling of the controls?

[img][/img]
fac
Zymos wrote:
There are pics of two others floating around, vocoder and room simulator, as well as what looks like an early prototype of a sub bass synthesizer that it even "for sale" in a German shop. http://audioelectric.de/shop/product_info.php?info=p15872_waldorf-mage nbitter.html&XTCsid=fte3gk498f6a10nsadkq307ps6

Now we're talking. And if the filter is like the one on the Rocket (even if paraphonic), this thing will kick ass.

These things are so easy to program that having 12 preset slots isn't much of a problem. But if it's anything like the Rocket and Streichfett, you can also send and receive presets as a series of MIDI CC messages so any DAW and many sequencers can store them.

And, there seems to be 14*4 = 52 slots for user sample sets (4 User categories with 14 variations each).
dumbledog
I take it variations J and K are in-app purchases? :p
Zymos
dumbledog wrote:

Well spotted!

Would you believe the German alphabet does not use those letters? No, you wouldn't....?
n_m
dumbledog wrote:

Maybe it's all a hoax after all, and somebody is just kidding

Miley Cyrus
dumbledog
Zymos wrote:
Well spotted!

Would you believe the German alphabet does not use those letters? No, you wouldn't....?

whats that, i can't hear you, too busy listening to Raftwer's classic album Radio-Ativit├Ąt
Zymos
n_m wrote:
dumbledog wrote:

Maybe it's all a hoax after all, and somebody is just kidding

Miley Cyrus

Just the opposite- they removed those letters so people would know they weren't kidding!
BTS
This could be pretty intesting (Mini Mellotron, as posted earlier).

Since there is no display on the renders, could Waldorf be releasing an App (like they did for the Rocket) to edit/upload the samples to the unit?
Zymos
It could just show up as a generic USB storage device and you copy the files into whichever directories...
maffman22
This looks cool. Realy enjoyed fiddling with the old MTron VST, so would love a hardware version of something similar.
calaveras
128gb is kind of hard to reconcile with 12 presets.
128mb is more realistic.

but overall this reminds me more of some kind of wish list mockup you might see on Macrumors or Cult of Mac.
Zymos
12 user presets. 140 built in presets.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2