MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

what devo does
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author what devo does
criticalmonkey
http://songstudy.clubdevo.com/

pretty interesting
Kent
Cool concept. Voting now, although I've yet to hit a track that truly grabs me.
chinard
even tho i love devo, i fucking hate websites written in flash
wyrtti
Hehe, that is so funny.

And the new songs sound surprisingly good!

I am really looking forward to the new album.
dougcl
I can't click Next. God, Devo sucks.
Peake
Devo live are still not to be missed. Tight....
dougcl
Peake wrote:

Unfortunately the earliest show I caught was Oh No! Still one of the best shows I've seen. I guess that was 1982 or so.
de_raaf
i'm a fan of their till oh no...

those new songs on the website sound like a cover band
nothing really new, just a rehash in a more modern way

no evolution!

maybe time to quit!
Johnisfaster
de_raaf wrote:

maybe time to quit!

But if the point is (and I'm sure it is) to enjoy themselves then more power to them. If I had a name like devo but I was feeling too lazy to try and break new ground I would be totally down to play some mediocre music and have a blast doing it.
Chuck E. Jesus
dougcl wrote:
Peake wrote:

Unfortunately the earliest show I caught was Oh No! Still one of the best shows I've seen. I guess that was 1982 or so.

that was the second time i saw them, first time was with the conveyor belts...great both times...
boramx
"hardcoredevo vols 1 + 2" are the best, imo. 4-track devo! i love the crude synths, ringmodulated everything and sarcastic, immature sexual lyrics.

the studio albums get worse each subsequent release, imo.

"hardcore devo" should be rereleased.

"buttered beauties" is a favorite song of mine. "mechanical man" is classic.

i can't open that flash site at work, but i shutter to think of what their current music is like.
essex sound lab
boramx wrote:
"mechanical man" is classic.

Me feel swell, me work well

I'm a 2 + 2 = 4 man

Love it...
Suburban Bather
essex sound lab wrote:
boramx wrote:
"mechanical man" is classic.

Me feel swell, me work well

I'm a 2 + 2 = 4 man

Love it...
Yea, I'd jizz my pants if the original tracks were available for remixing.

I just have Devo's greatest hits and misses cd's. Loads of awesome tracks on both discs. "Smart Patrol/Mr. DNA" is da shiznit!!!! hihi I also really like "We're Through Being Cool"

Yea, "Whip It" is a bombastic track, but its wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too played out.

Peek a boo!
essex sound lab
Nice to know there are some Devo fans out there. There's a ton of brilliant stuff in their output.
alka
essex sound lab wrote:
Nice to know there are some Devo fans out there. There's a ton of brilliant stuff in their output.

We're all Devo!

seriously check the 'Men Who Make the Music' if you can find it... amazing amazing grungy 70's Ohio footage with the sickest synths ever...
ezekiel
boramx wrote:
"hardcoredevo vols 1 + 2" are the best

Absolutely. Hoping for vol 3!
Soy Sos
Wow .. checking shitty playback of hardcoredevo vols 1 + 2 on amazon.
I've never heard any of this stuff. Cool shit! I remember seeing them for the first time on SNL in the mid 70's.
"U Got Me Bugged" is sick as hell!
Also fun hearing early versions of "Jocko Homo", "Mongoloid" and "Satisfaction"
BTW, not digging their new shit at all.
alka
absolutely essential viewing from 'the men who make the music' including a rare track that was never released... Vol 3 indeed!!

Chuck E. Jesus
Soy Sos wrote:
I remember seeing them for the first time on SNL in the mid 70's.

me as well...

just discovered this after catching a show about Neil Young on PBS, might actually pre-date the album version, seriously, i just don't get it screaming goo yo w00t

neandrewthal
Suburban Bather wrote:
jizz

1337 we're not worthy
neandrewthal
Chuck E. Jesus wrote:

just discovered this after catching a show about Neil Young on PBS, might actually pre-date the album version, seriously, i just don't get it screaming goo yo w00t

Haha. That was so awesome. Neil is the God of music. The best part is the look on his face while he twiddles the minimoog.
Chuck E. Jesus
neandrewthal wrote:
Chuck E. Jesus wrote:

Haha. That was so awesome. Neil is the God of music. The best part is the look on his face while he twiddles the minimoog.

"the king is gone but he's not a dud...this is the story of Johnny Spud"...
essex sound lab
The early days of Booji Boy were so delightfully creepy. I have a Booji Boy promotional postcard somewhere.

Ever hear "The Words Get Stuck In My Throat"?
alka
great find Chuck E. Jesus! i have to see Human Highway! was Worried Man from this film too?

found this great pic of Mark Mothersbaugh with my fave synth ; ]

emdot_ambient
Soy Sos wrote:
I remember seeing them for the first time on SNL in the mid 70's.

Late 70s actually. I was in college when their first LP came out and saw their first appearance on SNL. For about 3/4 of the first song I couldn't figure out if they were a SNL comedy sketch or what.

Saw them live in Olney, MD at a theater in the round very soon after that. First time I ever saw wireless mikes and wireless guitars being used, and probably one of the best performances I've ever seen live. F-ing fantastic show.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2