MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DC-1 Firmware News?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> soundmachines Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author DC-1 Firmware News?
maudibe
Hi, any news on the firmware development for the DC-1

Re Euclidian mode and the other features.

Thanks, an update appreciated smile
soundmachines
Hi there,
replied also in the other forum!
Things are rolling, expect euclidean in february and the rest along the way!
Sorry for the (big) delay!
maudibe
Thanks - that is really appreciated, because I love your modules (dc-1, both lightplanes).
thebrotherspus
maudibe wrote:
Thanks - that is really appreciated, because I love your modules (dc-1, both lightplanes).

me too! love the lightplane/strip modules, and have a dc1 drumcomputer on its way here. really looking forward to trying it out!
Kummer
soundmachines wrote:
Hi there,

Such great news, thank you! It's peanut butter jelly time!

In an e-mail correspondence you had mentioned a possible expander for the DC-1, any news on that and what functionality if might bring?
robotopsy
Kummer wrote:
soundmachines wrote:
Hi there,

Such great news, thank you! It's peanut butter jelly time!

In an e-mail correspondence you had mentioned a possible expander for the DC-1, any news on that and what functionality if might bring?

I'm really hungry for this expander too and for this firmware.
The DC1 is a kickass sequencer and I think lots of wigglers should have a better look on it.
Kummer
So any news?
Kummer
?
Kummer
Guys, it is now March, and you said you would have something by February. I don't mean to be a pest, but it seems like you guys keep missing your dates. I would have probably already sold this module if I wasn't waiting for the promised updates. ANY news you can share on a more accurate date and the features included therein would be extremely welcome.
smurf
I was looking to get this module - I'm afraid this thread is less than encouraging...
Kummer
smurf wrote:
I'm afraid this thread is less than encouraging...

Yeah for real. Why create a sub forum if you never intend to visit it... The fact that not a single person has replied from soundmachines is really starting to grate on the nerves. What's so hard about replying and saying "hey this is what's up, you can expect this, around this time, etc.."?
smurf
robotopsy
On the soundmachines 's facebook page I always get quick replies.
I also cant wait to have this new firmware. applause
soundmachines
Hi to everyone.
I thank some people here that gave me a call on this thread's content because I actually lost the grip on the subforum due to some internal procedure (i.e. sending the emails of Muffs to another guy/address).

ANYWAY:
the project is well alive (we actually sold few hundreds of DC1s, have another batch in production from next month, and have many happy customers around the world) and the firmware is being modified during the last weeks.

Don't want to hide the VERY SLOW pace of those modification, that went ahead of the intended schedule in a big way, due to the fact that we have the firmware developer hooked on other "non musical" tasks for a very big customer in the last months....

To sum it up, the firmware writing is happening, in this moment I cannot give a date that is not too generic but I am writing down in STONE that this will be done and the firmware will be available before the summer break, that in Italy will happen in August.
This thread will host the early beta versions of the firmware, that will also include an extended 'triplet swing' mode that will blow things out of the water.

I do apologize for the miscommunication and I hope that you will maintain the high interest you have in the DC1!

Davide.
(I restored my personal email here so I will be much quicker in replying)
robotopsy
Alright !!!! applause
Please wake me up in August Rockin' Banana!
Kummer
Davide, you just made my day, thank you! It's peanut butter jelly time!

Very happy to hear this.
Kummer
Also, I would just like to throw an idea out there... It would be cool if at some point you guys made an expander module with 64 lighted push buttons that we could use for inputing steps with our fingers. I am fine with what is offered so far, I love it, but an expander like that would also add something to it, I think... or no one would buy it (other than me) and it would be a waste of development.. who knows, just wanted to throw that out there smile
Kummer
Any news on this?
soundmachines
Quick update.
We are on track!
We finished last week the re-generation of the internal 96ppqn clock form an external step clock. This means that you will be able to use the SWING, ROLL features also with an external clock. Obviously, if you input an already swung clock you're a dork.
Second, we are on track to generate the euclidean mode (two different methods, one (only two tracks) completely CV controllable and the second (4 tracks) with manual choice of the three parameters (m, n and rotations).

We will publish soon the beta for the ext clock and then, just before the break (first week of AUG) the euclidean !!!!!
robotopsy
Amazing !!!
Cant wait to try this.
Kummer
Awesome, thanks for the update. So glad I didn't end up selling mine.

Will the update process be fairly easy?
robotopsy
Quickly after the firmware's release.... I will make a part 3 tutorial explaining how to update the device and the new features too. applause

Kummer wrote:
Awesome, thanks for the update. So glad I didn't end up selling mine.

Will the update process be fairly easy?
Kummer
Your awesome robotopsy!
Spec_g
Clap
soundmachines
Next Week!!!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> soundmachines Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3