MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DC-1 Firmware News?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> soundmachines  
Author DC-1 Firmware News?
maudibe
Hi, any news on the firmware development for the DC-1

Re Euclidian mode and the other features.

Thanks, an update appreciated smile
soundmachines
Hi there,
replied also in the other forum!
Things are rolling, expect euclidean in february and the rest along the way!
Sorry for the (big) delay!
maudibe
Thanks - that is really appreciated, because I love your modules (dc-1, both lightplanes).
thebrotherspus
maudibe wrote:
Thanks - that is really appreciated, because I love your modules (dc-1, both lightplanes).

me too! love the lightplane/strip modules, and have a dc1 drumcomputer on its way here. really looking forward to trying it out!
Kummer
soundmachines wrote:
Hi there,

Such great news, thank you! It's peanut butter jelly time!

In an e-mail correspondence you had mentioned a possible expander for the DC-1, any news on that and what functionality if might bring?
robotopsy
Kummer wrote:
soundmachines wrote:
Hi there,

Such great news, thank you! It's peanut butter jelly time!

In an e-mail correspondence you had mentioned a possible expander for the DC-1, any news on that and what functionality if might bring?

I'm really hungry for this expander too and for this firmware.
The DC1 is a kickass sequencer and I think lots of wigglers should have a better look on it.
Kummer
So any news?
Kummer
?
Kummer
Guys, it is now March, and you said you would have something by February. I don't mean to be a pest, but it seems like you guys keep missing your dates. I would have probably already sold this module if I wasn't waiting for the promised updates. ANY news you can share on a more accurate date and the features included therein would be extremely welcome.
smurf
I was looking to get this module - I'm afraid this thread is less than encouraging...
Kummer
smurf wrote:
I'm afraid this thread is less than encouraging...

Yeah for real. Why create a sub forum if you never intend to visit it... The fact that not a single person has replied from soundmachines is really starting to grate on the nerves. What's so hard about replying and saying "hey this is what's up, you can expect this, around this time, etc.."?
smurf
robotopsy
On the soundmachines 's facebook page I always get quick replies.
I also cant wait to have this new firmware. applause
soundmachines
Hi to everyone.
I thank some people here that gave me a call on this thread's content because I actually lost the grip on the subforum due to some internal procedure (i.e. sending the emails of Muffs to another guy/address).

ANYWAY:
the project is well alive (we actually sold few hundreds of DC1s, have another batch in production from next month, and have many happy customers around the world) and the firmware is being modified during the last weeks.

Don't want to hide the VERY SLOW pace of those modification, that went ahead of the intended schedule in a big way, due to the fact that we have the firmware developer hooked on other "non musical" tasks for a very big customer in the last months....

To sum it up, the firmware writing is happening, in this moment I cannot give a date that is not too generic but I am writing down in STONE that this will be done and the firmware will be available before the summer break, that in Italy will happen in August.
This thread will host the early beta versions of the firmware, that will also include an extended 'triplet swing' mode that will blow things out of the water.

I do apologize for the miscommunication and I hope that you will maintain the high interest you have in the DC1!

Davide.
(I restored my personal email here so I will be much quicker in replying)
robotopsy
Alright !!!! applause
Please wake me up in August Rockin' Banana!
Kummer
Davide, you just made my day, thank you! It's peanut butter jelly time!

Very happy to hear this.
Kummer
Also, I would just like to throw an idea out there... It would be cool if at some point you guys made an expander module with 64 lighted push buttons that we could use for inputing steps with our fingers. I am fine with what is offered so far, I love it, but an expander like that would also add something to it, I think... or no one would buy it (other than me) and it would be a waste of development.. who knows, just wanted to throw that out there smile
Kummer
Any news on this?
soundmachines
Quick update.
We are on track!
We finished last week the re-generation of the internal 96ppqn clock form an external step clock. This means that you will be able to use the SWING, ROLL features also with an external clock. Obviously, if you input an already swung clock you're a dork.
Second, we are on track to generate the euclidean mode (two different methods, one (only two tracks) completely CV controllable and the second (4 tracks) with manual choice of the three parameters (m, n and rotations).

We will publish soon the beta for the ext clock and then, just before the break (first week of AUG) the euclidean !!!!!
robotopsy
Amazing !!!
Cant wait to try this.
Kummer
Awesome, thanks for the update. So glad I didn't end up selling mine.

Will the update process be fairly easy?
robotopsy
Quickly after the firmware's release.... I will make a part 3 tutorial explaining how to update the device and the new features too. applause

Kummer wrote:
Awesome, thanks for the update. So glad I didn't end up selling mine.

Will the update process be fairly easy?
Kummer
Your awesome robotopsy!
Spec_g
Clap
soundmachines
Next Week!!!!
robotopsy
waah applause It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners Rockin' Banana! thumbs up
Kummer
Update?
Kummer
?!!!!!! cry
thebrotherspus
soundmachines wrote:
Next Week!!!!

Looking forward to this. Any news?
Thanks!
Spec_g
seriously, i just don't get it seriously, i just don't get it seriously, i just don't get it
Kummer
Come on Soundmachines...
meatbeatz
Dead Banana
thebrotherspus
Peter Grenader waah
soundmachines
OK Guys,
we have a BETA release of the new firmware (2.2)
The file is on the DC1 page (www.sound-machines.it).

New functions:

ROLLS and SHUFFLE in external clock: we implemented a PLL'd 96ppqn internal clock source. Check it out!

EUCLIDEAN GENERATOR
Two different modes of generating euclidean rhythms on some of the DC1 tracks. The first is static and works on the first 4 tracks, the second is totally CV-able and works only on two tracks.

Quick Manual Update:

Euclidean Generator
You can find a new menu voice "EUCL" that, when clicked present you with three choices: OFF, EC1 and EC2

If you choose EC1 you open a second level menu with the parameters to be configured for the 4 euclidean tracks. The Euclidean algo is defined by three parameters: n (active steps), m (length) and r (rotation of pattern). In the DC1 implementation the rotation (r) is set with the 'len' button as the track length. The other two parameters are configurable from the aforementioned menu: the n and r are multiplicated for all the four tracks and called: n0,r0,n1,r1,n2,r2,n3,r3. As with the other parameters on the DC1 the value gets confirmed when the right encoder is clicked. In this mode the CV inputs are freely assignable to the other 4 track's functions.

If you choose EC2 there are no parameters to set inside the menu and the four CV inputs are automatically linked to the algorithm. The lenght is always set by the 'len' function of the DC1 and the CV-A and CV-C are the 'n' parameters (active steps) for track 1 and 2, where CV-B and CV-D respectively sets the rotations of the track 1 and 2.

(in this versione setting the EUCLIDEAN mode to OFF won't delete the last pattern on the play screen. We could keep this as a useful feature, so you can save the static pattern. Note:no informations on the euclidean generator are saved with the pattern.)

The BETA status is particularly on the euclidean, there are some inconsistencies that are worked out right now but you get a pretty good idea of what you can do!

PLEASE REMEMBER TO BACK UP YOUR PATTERN BEFORE UPGRADING, THE PROCESS DELETES EVERYTHING!!!!!!!
Kummer
FINALLY! It's peanut butter jelly time!
robotopsy
Seems like I got some work to do for the part 3 tutorial for the DC1

applause oops applause
soundmachines
OK New firmware is official. You can find the 2.4 final on the website.
The desctiption above applies to the version!!!!
Have a good time! smile
Riggar
Thanks guys - looking forward to it!
thebrotherspus
soundmachines wrote:
OK New firmware is official. You can find the 2.4 final on the website.
The desctiption above applies to the version!!!!
Have a good time! smile

Nice! Thanks so much!
I haven't checked this thread in a while, so just noticed this. I'm looking forward to upgrading the firmware and trying it out. w00t
thebrotherspus
Has anyone else tried the new firmware yet?
I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I can't seem to get the Euclidean mode working. When I click on it with the encoder to set it as one of the cv destinations, it doesn't seem to do anything.
I'm likely doing something wrong- I only tried it for a couple of minutes tonight. I'll try again tomorrow..... Anyway, just wondering if anyone else had any luck.
Thanks!
soundmachines
thebrotherspus wrote:
I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I can't seem to get the Euclidean mode working. When I click on it with the encoder to set it as one of the cv destinations, it doesn't seem to do anything.
I'm likely doing something wrong- I only tried it for a couple of minutes tonight. I'll try again tomorrow..... Anyway, just wondering if anyone else had any luck.
Thanks!

Hi there!
No you cannot select the Euclidean with the CV buttons. You have to choose it from the main Menu (left encoder push) as written on one of the above messages.
Check it out and report meif something is not clear!
Thanks!

D
thebrotherspus
soundmachines wrote:
thebrotherspus wrote:
Thanks!

Hi there!
No you cannot select the Euclidean with the CV buttons. You have to choose it from the main Menu (left encoder push) as written on one of the above messages.
Check it out and report meif something is not clear!
Thanks!

D

Thanks for the help! I'll give it a try later on tonight.
echologist
Greetings,

Can anybody tell me how to check what firmware is installed on my DC-1?

Just received it SlayerBadger!
echologist
No worries, figured it out. New OS installed and ready to rock SlayerBadger!
robotopsy
This sequencer is amazing.
Working on a short Tutorial video for the DC1 applause
echologist
we're not worthy thumbs up hyper

robotopsy wrote:
robotopsy
Welll.... I meant..... working on the PART 3 tutorial oops
for the new features

echologist wrote:

robotopsy wrote:
echologist
I knew that Mr. Green Guinness ftw!

robotopsy wrote:
Welll.... I meant..... working on the PART 3 tutorial oops
for the new features

echologist wrote:

robotopsy wrote:
robotopsy
Finalllllly made a quick tips tutorial for the latest firmware

thebrotherspus
Nice!!
echologist
Fantastic Video! Thanks a mil we're not worthy

robotopsy wrote:
Finalllllly made a quick tips tutorial for the latest firmware

BillyB909
Great video, many thanks.

Just picked one of these up as I wanted a gate sequencer with cv ins to replace a faulty Varigate 4. And I'd got some extra HP to populate too.

I've gotta say I'm pretty impressed by this - seems to hit the right balance between functionality and complexity, the matrix screen works really nicely in terms of visualising what's going on.

One odd thing I've noticed with the firmware update. I think there's a bug using the external clock. Whilst it seems to clock fine to the external input, when I've got the external set to 100, and the internal set to 101, it stutters a bit at the final step and then rejoins the sequence, in time, but a bit later on to take account of the stuttering. If you set the internal clock to match the external one, it's fine.

This is actually quite useful in a glitchy type of way, but probably not intended! it occurs whatever you are clocking it with.
Riggar
many thanks for the video!
robotopsy
Glad the video helped some !
It's quite a powerful sequencer
I highly recommend this one applause
echologist
I would love to see a proper randomize function written into the next OS update. A simple one push feature that would allow randomization of all 8 tracks or each track separately. thumbs up
pulse_divider
Now that the Arches firmware has been released, will there be an update to fix the DC-1 bug when externally clock and using shuffle?
soundmachines
pulse_divider wrote:
Now that the Arches firmware has been released, will there be an update to fix the DC-1 bug when externally clock and using shuffle?

Hi Pulse Divider,
DC1 clock input is still a debated argument. We worked on this issue in teh apst and found out that several clock sources are somewhat tricky to follow. Of course, with the PLL function even one wrong count can lead to errors. We found some external units that have very big variations on clock pulse duration, sometimes leading to intepretation errors. Of course this is something that can be solved but unforntunately it impacts a lot on the timing structure of the firmware so far. We are planning working on the DC1 in the next weeks motnhs but, as of today, there are no fixed timing written down!
As you can see the firmware that ships with the units is the previous one and not the enhanced one with t he PLL function.
I'll be back with hopefully interesting news about the DC1!
BobJack2010
any news?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> soundmachines  
Page 1 of 3