MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Hologram Electronics Dream Sequence Pedal
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Hologram Electronics Dream Sequence Pedal
Qabeel
A friend on Facebook today announced that he and a partner were releasing this today:

https://hologramelectronics.com/dream-sequence/

I had no idea this was happening- looks like there's quite a bit you could do with this.

Anyways, it's good to see some hometown boys making' good. I'll be looking forward to what else they have up their sleeves down the road.
technicoloraudio
I just ordered this a little while ago and I am super thrilled. The effect itself awesome, and I get tap tempo with midi out! Hooray!
Bonefish67
Looks like another great pedal for us loopheads....

tallhouserecordingco
Wow! That looks like fun. So many cool things coming out. Also knobs videos are fun to watch and hear.
smetak
Saw this when Knobs originally uploaded it a while ago - quite an interesting pedal, but I think I would end up lost with so much tap dancing. But quite an interesting effect.
evs
looks super interesing. but how is it used as a sampler?
smetak
evs wrote:
looks super interesing. but how is it used as a sampler?

It says on their site that there's a hold sampler section on the pedal that captures notes or chords - somewhat akin to the Ct-5, I guess.
rowsbywoof
Got mine in today from the last batch of 50. Paint chips, and blemishes don't thrill me on a $425 pedal. I know they've had to up production, but meh. Bummed out when I took it out of the box, with almost zero padding, the pedal is loose in its box with two inches to slide and a tiny bit of foam at the top to protect the knobs. No surprise one of my corners was rubbed to bare metal, the black paint completely gone. It also has blemishes around the edges where it was painted white. Minor, but annoying for something that if I do plan to sell later I have to document and the take a hit on condition because. Don't you love that.

I'm sure it works fine. I'll have a go at it in the AM, but really shitty way to take the wind out of the sails on a new piece of gear you've been craving. I'd say anyone who is waiting for this should probably let the excitement die before ordering.
Ptbarnum
rowsbywoof wrote:
Got mine in today from the last batch of 50. Paint chips, and blemishes don't thrill me on a $425 pedal. I know they've had to up production, but meh. Bummed out when I took it out of the box, with almost zero padding, the pedal is loose in its box with two inches to slide and a tiny bit of foam at the top to protect the knobs. No surprise one of my corners was rubbed to bare metal, the black paint completely gone. It also has blemishes around the edges where it was painted white. Minor, but annoying for something that if I do plan to sell later I have to document and the take a hit on condition because. Don't you love that.

I'm sure it works fine. I'll have a go at it in the AM, but really shitty way to take the wind out of the sails on a new piece of gear you've been craving. I'd say anyone who is waiting for this should probably let the excitement die before ordering.

I'd get in touch with hologram, I bet they'd make it right by you..seem like good folks....and the pedal sounds great (got one recently too) SlayerBadger!
rowsbywoof
Ugg. I'm having a terrible time with the Dream Sequence. To Hologram's credit, they are definitely trying to make this right, but I sat down today to give it a play through and make sure it was working, and... You know... Finally get to play with my gear, and find out it doesn't take batteries? It's only powered by a 9V power cord, which they don't include in the box, and I don't really have any sitting around I can use. All my other effects are at 12V, or just running on 9V batteries, so I'm SOL at the moment.

So, now I have to head down to the electronics store today and get a 9V power cord of this thing. Fuuuuudddggee.

Talk about getting off on the wrong foot. I better freaking love this pedal.

Bet yes, Hologram is trying to make this right and compensate for the shipping damage. So, good on them. You know what probably would have helped? A power cord in the box so the pedal couldn't move around angry

Edit: Bitch fest over. I found a Boss 9.6V PSU in my drawer. Powered on the Dream Sequence, and it's... It's divine. It's so good. It's so completely intuitive. It has completely made up for the hassle.

I still think it should have come with a PSU, and... some padding in the damn pedal box wink Dead Banana
rowsbywoof
The folks over at Hologram offered me a partial refund to compensate for the cosmetic damage my Dream Sequence received in shipping, and were super nice as well. I've had a few hours with the pedal and I love, love it. Shame it got off to such a rough start, but... Isn't that always the way it goes with the things you love?
Mirrorad
Bonefish67 wrote:
Looks like another great pedal for us loopheads....

Wow! Delicious.

Is there a clock sync associated with this?
GraysonJames
Oh good god please no not again. I'm gonna spend my whole paycheck on this gorgeous pedal. I guess it's time to drop out of school and move back in with the parents
technicoloraudio
I've had mine for a few months now and I really like it. I spent a lot of time at first using faster rhythms, but now I am starting to find tremendous beauty in the slow breathy stuff. Love it on guitar, Rhodes, and bass.
soundinett

Got one 2 weeks ago. Nice pedal. Incorporated it in a setup prepared for a experimental live concert: Kaossilator works as an oscillator, Dreamsequence and Count to 5 run in parallel (or in series) via a Pigtronix Keymaster. The Keymaster output runs into a Kaoss Pad 3 plus which adds some special effect treatements: from simple reverbs to granular an loop effects.

The Dreamsequence is a one trick pony. But it does this trick very well.

Its not an ordinary sequencer. Would call it a kind of a rythmical pattern overlay system. Its nice on guitar but I like it more as an additional layer to a drum patterns. And it blows new life in short musical phrases (synth or piano). Phrases were rythmically "distorted", some notes are emphasized some not. Great experience! Some are transposed an octave up or down. And - pretty nice - some other intervals occure from time to time when the waveshape is smoother.

Dreamsequene can also serve as an oscillator if the hold button is pressed. Then a tone will be freezed (its not a sampler, but it would be nice to have more sampling time in the next update). The freezed tone becomes now a source of rythmical alteration.

Works great when the Dreamsequence e.g. feeds a held note into the Count to 5.

Dreamsequence comes with 24 preset rythms of which 12 patterns are fixed, another 12 accept rythmical subdivisions (this subivisions works also when the Dreamsequence is Midi clocked which is great).
12 of your own patterns can be saved.

Should be more because to me the fixed presets are unusable. To fast, to uninteresting. As technicoloraudio says, the beauty of the Dreamsequence unfolds at slow speed.

[/img]
smetak
Got one 2 weeks ago. Nice pedal. Incorporated it in a setup prepared for a experimental live concert: Kaossilator works as an oscillator, Dreamsequence and Count to 5 run in parallel (or in series) via a Pigtronix Keymaster. The Keymaster output runs into a Kaoss Pad 3 plus which adds some special effect treatements: from simple reverbs to granular an loop effects.

Woe! Nice setup! Any sound samples? Recordings? Would really like to hear this.
soundinett
smetak wrote:

Here are some examples of the above setup:

Dreamsequence Air

This one starts and ends with a Dreamsequence pattern. In the middle the Count to 5 brings in some tension with strange loops and a keychange of the theme.

Dreamsequence Beat

This is a simple beat with some Dreamsequence pattern overlays and Kaosspad granularity.. Also the short musical phrase is slightly distorted by a dreamsequence.
The track couldt be seen as a base for improvising.
smetak
soundinett wrote:
smetak wrote:

Here are some examples of the above setup:

Dreamsequence Air

This one starts and ends with a Dreamsequence pattern. In the middle the Count to 5 brings in some tension with strange loops and a keychange of the theme.

Dreamsequence Beat

This is a simple beat with some Dreamsequence pattern overlays and Kaosspad granularity.. Also the short musical phrase is slightly distorted by a dreamsequence.
The track couldt be seen as a base for improvising.

Thanks a million, mate! Will be tonights' soundtrack - cheers, s.
Into the Void
Anyone know how long they have been out of stock? Finally decided to get one and they are sold out. Hope there are more soon.
taylor12k
damn.. nice. anyone want to sell me one?
justscratch
Into the Void wrote:
Anyone know how long they have been out of stock? Finally decided to get one and they are sold out. Hope there are more soon.

They seem to have been putting out batches of 50 every 4-6 weeks.. The newsletter gives you a heads up a few days in advance
Into the Void
justscratch wrote:
They seem to have been putting out batches of 50 every 4-6 weeks.. The newsletter gives you a heads up a few days in advance

Thanks, just signed up.
thresholdpeople
taylor12k wrote:
damn.. nice. anyone want to sell me one?

I've got one up for sale in BST. PM me if interested!
dan_p
I had a weird sound issue that is now resolved, appeared to be a setup issue in the studio as its now fixed after swapping PSU's back and forth?

Very nice and interesting pedal with a fantastic user interface. Its sounding great with my Hordijk modular. You need to watch the levels a little but it takes a reasonable signal.
soundinett
Ambient track with pulses of Hologram Dream Sequence. Ct5 droning. Dream Sequence midiclock controlled by ARQ 96 which also delivers background ambience.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2