MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Waldorf kb37 - keyboard + euro powered case
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author Waldorf kb37 - keyboard + euro powered case
strangeowl
http://www.waldorf-music.info/en/kb37-specifications

No price info.
h4ndcrafted
Yep this has been mentioned in the Namm thread, but I guess it deserves it own.

I'm finding it interesting that they have released a compressor.
The keyboard looks great! Nice fatar key bed too.

Does it have outs on the front as well as the back ? Kinda looks like it.
james2098
it looks very very tempting - I'm on the verge of making an extra 3u skiff but think ill see what the deal is here first
Slic
Its all going to be about the price....My guess 500 bucks....
Geaux
It's certainly 107 or 108 hp. I'd lean towards 108 since 5 hp blank seems much less likely than 6. Still at 500 I feel like this would be a stellar deal. Decent power specs (no 5v sadly but otherwise not bad), 108ish hp, a very nice keybed, midi to cv converter, large in/out section that includes headphones out. Compared to the synthrotek or make noise skiff at 250 you get a lot of nice pluses with the only loss being the 5volt. 545 mm would suggest 107 after all. Could just be the result of the space left over after the midi to cv and outs since the whole thing is designed around the keyboard.
x2mirko
Geaux wrote:
Still at 500 I feel like this would be a stellar deal.

Yeah, i sincerely doubt that it'll be $500. Good Fatar keyboard, CV-interface for the keyboard, case and power? Nah. I don't think so.
MRoyce
x2mirko wrote:
Geaux wrote:
Still at 500 I feel like this would be a stellar deal.

Yeah, i sincerely doubt that it'll be $500. Good Fatar keyboard, CV-interface for the keyboard, case and power? Nah. I don't think so.

Agree that 500 seems too low, but I'd say at <1000€ is probably where they'll really sell, whether they can turn a profit remains to be seen. Who knows though, this is not really aimed at the typical modularist but rather keyboard players who appreciate a nice keyboard and want an integrated modular voice. Plus, it's easily set up on a stage.

The WMD/SSF Monolith is basically the same setup and comes in at 2900€, fully loaded. That still comes out at more than a grand for the keyboard, power and case.
ThinLazy
Did they say any where how many CV pitch/note gate pairs it has?
cthonist
MRoyce wrote:
The WMD/SSF Monolith is basically the same setup and comes in at 2900€, fully loaded. That still comes out at more than a grand for the keyboard, power and case.

Presumably Waldorf's mass-production capabilities are greater, and they could produce something like this more cheaply, buy components in larger wholesale quantities, etc. But I don't pretend to know how the economics of all that works. $500 would be a steal.
Geaux
My guess is it'll be priced pretty competitively around 700 to 750$. But I wouldn't be surprised to see it go all the way up to $999 where I think it would be a tough sale.
LoveBot
This keyboard/case solution looks so slick... the it should! HOWEVER Right now the Super 37 is going for $1000 at Control in Brooklyn, which tells me this thing is going to be outright cost prohibitive with 3u of 100ish hp for over a grand. Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised but I'm not keeping my hopes up.
MRoyce
LoveBot wrote:
This keyboard/case solution looks so slick... the it should! HOWEVER Right now the Super 37 is going for $1000 at Control in Brooklyn, which tells me this thing is going to be outright cost prohibitive with 3u of 100ish hp for over a grand. Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised but I'm not keeping my hopes up.

Good find, I wasn't aware that the WMD/SSF keyboard was sold "empty" as well. That's a good idea on the price segment we're looking at, I'd think.
bemerritt
Perfect circuit has the super 37 listed at $699 (currently out of stock):

https://www.perfectcircuitaudio.com/modular-synth/cases-cables/super37 -keyboard-skiff.html

I think that price point makes sense for these types of cases.
peteone
cthonist wrote:
MRoyce wrote:

Presumably Waldorf's mass-production capabilities are greater, and they could produce something like this more cheaply, buy components in larger wholesale quantities, etc. But I don't pretend to know how the economics of all that works. $500 would be a steal.

at $499 they would sell out - my guess it will be $699
jgshoe
$500 would be amazing, but it doesn't seem realistic. I agree with it probably being $750-$999
Slic
Given you can now buy a 4 voice analogue polly with advanced sequencer for $500 now,

If it was 1000 bucks I would find the extra 500 and get a moog sub 37!
ignatius
Also already discussed in the other Waldorf thread. Does this need to be discussed in 3 different places ?

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=153794&start=all
ersatzplanet
bemushroomed
Slic wrote:
Given you can now buy a 4 voice analogue polly with advanced sequencer for $500 now,

If it was 1000 bucks I would find the extra 500 and get a moog sub 37!

A Sub37 would not be very helpful if you want to control eurorack since it does not have CV outs.
Pighood
That's two grand ALL DAY LONG, chaps.
james2098
IvanC
Sweetwater is showing it available for pre-order at just under $1000:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/KB37w

I'm probably in at that price. Saw it at NAMM and it is really solid; metal case and well built. Built-in I/O and power supply, etc. Seems expensive but all of that adds up quickly.
desdinova
Indeed, I'm tempted to plunk down to pre-order right away but with Waldorf it could be tomorrow or never that it actually comes out. No ETA bothers me.
MoogProDG
IvanC wrote:
Sweetwater is showing it available for pre-order at just under $1000:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/KB37w

I'm probably in at that price. Saw it at NAMM and it is really solid; metal case and well built. Built-in I/O and power supply, etc. Seems expensive but all of that adds up quickly.

It's actually not a bad price at all.... I just placed my preorder nanners
Unborn Gore
I'm new to MW, and to eurorack. This seems like a good entry point, as I'm not sure how deep to dive right out of the gate.

Not sure how interested I am, tho, in the modules Waldorf is offering. I had a MicroQ for years, and I'm familiar with their sound. I would just as soon connect a Streichfett to the back by midi and that's about what I would need from them sound-wise. I'm more interested in this controller, and in trying out 107HP of stuff I've never heard before with the Fatar it has built into it.

The pic above of the Mother 32 was one of my first thoughts, also. But man, that takes up a lot of space. Given that it is a quality mono with a sequencer, what would some of you add in the remaining (47) HP?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5