MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

new intellijel system + modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next [all]
Author new intellijel system + modules
taylor12k
holy cow. move over BEMI easel. i claim first in line!!!

https://www.facebook.com/Intellijel/photos/a.282715905177742.69181.159 216090861058/932523056863687/?type=3&permPage=1

so beautiful.

new:

BOOMBOX
JELLYSQUASHER (?)
RAINMAKER (?)
Hi5
Check https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=152945

Jellysquasher is a comp
Rainmaker is a 16 step spectral processor/resonator
Tonescape
Interesting, did not expect to see a compressor from Intellijel.

Rainmaker looks cool too, but takes up a lot of HP. Not a lot of info yet of course, but a spectral rhythm delay and comb resonator must be a cool thing.
echoplex
Hi5 wrote:

Jellysquasher is a comp

what exactly can I imagine under a 16 step spectral processor/comb resonator?
qu.one
taylor12k wrote:
holy cow. move over BEMI easel....

no tactile control ≠ easel
taylor12k
yes, good point.

qu.one wrote:
taylor12k wrote:

clarke68
Nice!

I didn't know about the 1U modules. Very cool to see that getting adopted as a standard. I wonder if they'll have more success with the Boombox than Critter & Guitari had with the IIO?
guillaume
clarke68 wrote:
Nice!

I didn't know about the 1U modules. Very cool to see that getting adopted as a standard. I wonder if they'll have more success with the Boombox than Critter & Guitari had with the IIO?

Wonder why C&G didn't get much success with the IIO. I have one that I really like, and ended up buying a 2nd one when they halved its price last month.
MATSmile
echoplex wrote:
Hi5 wrote:

Jellysquasher is a comp

what exactly can I imagine under a 16 step spectral processor/comb resonator?

Isn't it something similar to comb filter ?
Similar to Buchla 296
GryphonP3
MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING RAINMAKER MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING

That thing looks absolutely absurd. Looks like 16 taps of clockable delay+pitch shift + comb resonator with CV over everything and tons of mod configurations. Looks more like a eurorack eventide box than anything.
eBerkhout
Those cases! In need of expansion room... Lookin' like a good option applause
clarke68
guillaume wrote:
Wonder why C&G didn't get much success with the IIO.

It's an interesting question. I thought it was a great idea for a module...that I couldn't -- quite -- justify the rack space for.

I guess a lot of people already have their monitoring figured out, and the additional convenience/portability of a built-in speaker just didn't call to them, even at $50.
clarke68
GryphonP3 wrote:
MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING RAINMAKER MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING

That thing looks absolutely absurd.

No kidding!

Too much of a studio tool than an instrument for me, but I'm sure plenty of people here will lust like crazy after that thing.
Hi5
qu.one wrote:
taylor12k wrote:

The midi interface built into the case and top tile means an easy add of any interface you'd like.

Not to compare but at least in the Euro world I'd venture to say that Intellijel is becoming the strongest single mfg. They have the most complete range as far as general utility modules goes and plenty of esoteric/unique offerings. Not quite to Doepfer level but getting real close.
BugBrand
clarke68 wrote:
guillaume wrote:
Wonder why C&G didn't get much success with the IIO.

It's an interesting question. I thought it was a great idea for a module...that I couldn't -- quite -- justify the rack space for.

I guess a lot of people already have their monitoring figured out, and the additional convenience/portability of a built-in speaker just didn't call to them, even at $50.

Guessing that the C&G was a fairly regular Amp (hence 750mA max draw) and could imagine that Intellijel may have gone with a modern class D [I know very little, but *think* that'd be much lower current draw - important in modular land]
strangeowl
Compressor and resonator / delay both mono?

Or are they stereo? Pic is a bit fuzzy smile
Hi5
strangeowl wrote:

Resonator is stereo
Comp looks mono
L.C.O.
Hi5 wrote:
strangeowl wrote:

Resonator is stereo
Comp looks mono

yeah: wish the compressor was stereo.
listentoaheartbeat
clarke68 wrote:
GryphonP3 wrote:

No kidding!

Too much of a studio tool than an instrument for me, but I'm sure plenty of people here will lust like crazy after that thing.

Yeah, looks like everything I do not want my modular synth to be.
VanEck
listentoaheartbeat wrote:

That's kinda how I felt about the Shapeshifter and ended up parting with it. It's an amazing OSC, no question. The interface, menu diving, presets, etc just isn't what I want out of my modular though. Just looking at the panel of Rainmaker has me thinking the same thing, regardless of how amazing it sounds.
orangehexagon
listentoaheartbeat wrote:
clarke68 wrote:
GryphonP3 wrote:

No kidding!

genuinely curious why... care to explain?
clarke68
orangehexagon wrote:
clarke68 wrote:

It just doesn't look playable. It looks like something that you'd work with at length to get a setting that you like (and it probably allows you to save the setting) and then let it do it's thing in your patch/track/composition/etc. Plenty of people like to work that way...nothing wrong with that...it's just not the way I use my modular.

For clarity, this is how I use my modular:

L.C.O.
clarke68 wrote:
orangehexagon wrote:
clarke68 wrote:

It just doesn't look playable. It looks like something that you'd work with at length to get a setting that you like (and it probably allows you to save the setting) and then let it do it's thing in your patch/track/composition/etc. Plenty of people like to work that way...nothing wrong with that...it's just not the way I use my modular.

The performance in the video is super cool!
Props!
Hi5
clarke68 wrote:

Always fun to play with Jacob!
Geaux
Anyone know if all the new cases Intellijel revealed earlier will have the midi in ont he sides so that the 1U midi tile can be used or if its only on the case used?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next [all]
Page 1 of 18