MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

new intellijel system + modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next [all]
Author new intellijel system + modules
iceeslunk
that's how i imagine yoko ono would play modular, if she had one cool
richie
L.C.O.
richie wrote:

Can not hear squat in this...

but prices. well, I heard that!

Dead Banana
iceeslunk
wowwww that rainmaker sounds amazing (edit: yeah, what ^ he said, from what i CAN hear)....i might have to start robbing banks to feed my gear addiction Sniper
listentoaheartbeat
orangehexagon wrote:
listentoaheartbeat wrote:
clarke68 wrote:
GryphonP3 wrote:
MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING RAINMAKER MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING

That thing looks absolutely absurd.

No kidding!

Too much of a studio tool than an instrument for me, but I'm sure plenty of people here will lust like crazy after that thing.

Yeah, looks like everything I do not want my modular synth to be.

genuinely curious why... care to explain?

For me, the beauty of modular synthesis is that complexity arises from combining relatively simple functional building blocks in an intuitive and playful manner. I don't want to be absorbed by a single module – what I value is the physicality of connecting modules to create a complex music system. I think these new super-modules induce a linear patching style and reduce the modular aspect to modulation routing. After all, there is only so much complexity one can cope with when writing or performing music.
Demi Jon
Very impressed with the new Intellijel Empire, and Danjel as always comes across as a very lovely guy eh.
taylor12k
can anyone confirm if the modules are white or silver?

would love for them to be silver, would make building a system with my current ATLANTIS + METRO a bit easier!

tho the white is very beautifully Dieter Rams-ian
Demi Jon
They look silver to me in the vid.
jjclark
The rainmaker is eminently playable and tweakable with voltage control over almost everything. It will be good in the club (are you listening RIchard Devine) and in the studio.

I have put up a couple of demos on my soundcloud. The first is some Krell, where I was just tweaking away with the Rainmaker and a Cyclebox. The second is multitracked showing off a bit the resonator. It can do a lot more.

This is just a taste though! You thought the Shapeshifter was deep...

[s]http://soundcloud.com/cylonix/rainmaker-krell[/s]

[s]http://soundcloud.com/cylonix/rainmaker-segovia-remembranza[/s]
Yeggman
clarke68 wrote:

For clarity, this is how I use my modular:

That's how I use my clarinet!
ES
I like the look of that compressor..
Diabolik!
Geaux wrote:
Anyone know if all the new cases Intellijel revealed earlier will have the midi in ont he sides so that the 1U midi tile can be used or if its only on the case used?

i just got the 4U 104 HP case in today, and there is nothing like that on it. it must just be for the larger case.
exper
jjclark wrote:
The rainmaker is eminently playable and tweakable with voltage control over almost everything. It will be good in the club (are you listening RIchard Devine) and in the studio.

I have put up a couple of demos on my soundcloud. The first is some Krell, where I was just tweaking away with the Rainmaker and a Cyclebox. The second is multitracked showing off a bit the resonator. It can do a lot more.

This is just a taste though! You thought the Shapeshifter was deep...

[s]http://soundcloud.com/cylonix/rainmaker-krell[/s]

[s]http://soundcloud.com/cylonix/rainmaker-segovia-remembranza[/s]

Wow. we're not worthy seriously can't wait for one of these.
Geaux
Diabolik! wrote:
Geaux wrote:
Anyone know if all the new cases Intellijel revealed earlier will have the midi in ont he sides so that the 1U midi tile can be used or if its only on the case used?

i just got the 4U 104 HP case in today, and there is nothing like that on it. it must just be for the larger case.

Damn, I wonder if we will see the midi in as a seperate 1u to recreate the umidi in the smaller cases. Inputs, outputs, attenuators multi logic and mixers are all perfect for that size.
Demi Jon
kisielk
Geaux wrote:
Diabolik! wrote:
Geaux wrote:

Damn, I wonder if we will see the midi in as a seperate 1u to recreate the umidi in the smaller cases. Inputs, outputs, attenuators multi logic and mixers are all perfect for that size.

There is a small tile with a DIN and USB connector for use on the 4U cases.
geremyf
Where can I preorder rainmaker and by the cases?
Demi Jon
cannonball swandive
Damn! Can't wait for a proper demo video of the Rainmaker.
Diabolik!
Geaux wrote:
Diabolik! wrote:
Geaux wrote:

i hope so. i got mine a little early, the 1 U modules and the 1 U blanks weren't ready yet when i ordered. hoping for some weird stuff in 1 U as well.

here's some crappy pics:

Diabolik!
also, tapped screw strips. no sliding nuts.
sempervirent
These new modules look great. I don't mind some menu-diving and digital UI paradigm shifting, one knob per function is only going to take you so far.

In the photo posted to Facebook I noticed some subtle design changes on the panels too, larger titles at the top (even on existing modules), slightly different graphical treatments in a few places, and the new logo. Bit of a branding realignment.

Nice work Danjel and team.
kisielk
sempervirent wrote:
These new modules look great. I don't mind some menu-diving and digital UI paradigm shifting, one knob per function is only going to take you so far.

In the photo posted to Facebook I noticed some subtle design changes on the panels too, larger titles at the top (even on existing modules), slightly different graphical treatments in a few places, and the new logo. Bit of a branding realignment.

Nice work Danjel and team.

With the exception of a couple of lesser-used parameters it's one button per function and then the encoder to change, so there's not much menu diving. That's why there's so many buttons smile
qu.one
Hi5 wrote:
The midi interface built into the case and top tile means an easy add of any interface you'd like.

totally understood, but an easel requires nothing from the outside world. i was being black and white with a comparison.
Futuresound
Demi Jon wrote:

Want.

Great name too. Who wouldn't want a jellysquasher in their rack?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next [all]
Page 2 of 18