MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

intellijel Rainmaker
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58, 59  Next [all]
Author intellijel Rainmaker
jmax313
How would I fix the screen popping out of place on my rainmaker? I know I read it in this thread somewhere when I was looking for a rainmaker, but now that I have one I can't find seriously, i just don't get it

Thanks in advance
Sinamsis
jmax313 wrote:
How would I fix the screen popping out of place on my rainmaker? I know I read it in this thread somewhere when I was looking for a rainmaker, but now that I have one I can't find seriously, i just don't get it

Thanks in advance

I think I used double sided foam tape to keep it in place. Hopefully someone else will chime in.
damase
For a simple diy fix I used a small strip of pro-Velcro on the top. No need for the Velcro but the pro stuff will really hold stronger than any tape I’ve ever used. Mine has held up well for a long time now- maybe two years. I forgot about the screen issue altogether
jmax313
damase wrote:
For a simple diy fix I used a small strip of pro-Velcro on the top. No need for the Velcro but the pro stuff will really hold stronger than any tape I’ve ever used. Mine has held up well for a long time now- maybe two years. I forgot about the screen issue altogether

Sinamsis wrote:
I think I used double sided foam tape to keep it in place. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

So simple. Sweet. Thanks fellas, now I can wiggle without worry Rockin' Banana!
Cuchulainn
Going to update this... got the firmware from intellijel website but this 'laser mammoth' site will just not let me create an account on any device/internet service or browser confused has anyone still got the sysex files and could drop a download link for me plz?
dhoinjo
Anybody has an idea if the input is protected for too high voltages? In the manual it says you can put 0-5v in. Could I patch an envelope of a quadra (0-8v) straight into the input and use that as a very short pulse to ping the comb filter if I don't set the input attenuators too high? Or is this a really bad idea?
lohacker
dhoinjo wrote:
Anybody has an idea if the input is protected for too high voltages? In the manual it says you can put 0-5v in. Could I patch an envelope of a quadra (0-8v) straight into the input and use that as a very short pulse to ping the comb filter if I don't set the input attenuators too high? Or is this a really bad idea?

I've sent some envelopes into it (probably a quadra too!), just use the onboard attenuators and you'll be fine.
dhoinjo
lohacker wrote:
dhoinjo wrote:

I've sent some envelopes into it (probably a quadra too!), just use the onboard attenuators and you'll be fine.

thanks!
atte
Quick question: will the rainmaker retain ALL its settings between power cycles?
StateAzure
jmax313 wrote:

Thanks in advance

Wait! what?! Are you telling me it's common for the screens to fall out of these things? Or just on very old units or something?
lohacker
atte wrote:
Quick question: will the rainmaker retain ALL its settings between power cycles?

No, You have to save the current state in a preset slot (saving on 1st preset will load it automatically when power up)
dhoinjo
StateAzure wrote:
jmax313 wrote:

Thanks in advance

Wait! what?! Are you telling me it's common for the screens to fall out of these things? Or just on very old units or something?

Mine is misaligned. But not much. Still easy to read the screen. It seems indeed a rather common problem.
atte
lohacker wrote:
atte wrote:

No, You have to save the current state in a preset slot (saving on 1st preset will load it automatically when power up)

Hmm too bad. Will the loading of preset 1 restore the state 100% then?
lohacker
atte wrote:
lohacker wrote:
atte wrote:

Absolutely yes, every setting is stored and the module power up always in 1st preset regardless of the last used one.
g0lem
Is this thing in stock anywhere?

Having trouble finding it for sale right now.
Misk
lohacker wrote:
atte wrote:
lohacker wrote:
atte wrote:

Absolutely yes, every setting is stored and the module power up always in 1st preset regardless of the last used one.

it's easy to set preset one's trigger input to allow for preset changing via triggers/gates tho so you could have it set up to automatically be ready for preset-change via trigger on power-on. it's a versatile (not) little beast.
cackland
g0lem wrote:

I would only assume Intellijel are waiting to release another batch until they have updated their panel manufacturing process.

I could be wrong.
insoul8
cackland wrote:
g0lem wrote:

I would only assume Intellijel are waiting to release another batch until they have updated their panel manufacturing process.

I could be wrong.

They should be hitting dealers very soon according to Intellijel.
joskery
One thing I wish could be tweaked on the Rainmaker is the depth scaling of the modulation, both for the delay and comb.

If you set, say, the random waveform and set the modulation depth to 1, the lowest value, it still modulates the delay/comb filter pretty much all over the place. Subtlety cannot be achieved.

I'm hoping there'd be a workaround, but I tried doing the same via the MOD inputs and they were the same... off from 0->1, then suddenly, big jitters.

Any any any chance for firmware tweaks?
dangulberry
joskery wrote:
One thing I wish could be tweaked on the Rainmaker is the depth scaling of the modulation, both for the delay and comb.

If you set, say, the random waveform and set the modulation depth to 1, the lowest value, it still modulates the delay/comb filter pretty much all over the place. Subtlety cannot be achieved.

I'm hoping there'd be a workaround, but I tried doing the same via the MOD inputs and they were the same... off from 0->1, then suddenly, big jitters.

Any any any chance for firmware tweaks?

I haven't played with the internal modulation, mostly because it doesn't respond to ext clock, but also because I can't get much subtlety out of it. It's a shame that the Rainmaker is lacking quite a few basic, "expected" behaviors. I'm tempted to sell it and buy a 4ms DLD at this point. Yes, I'd lose the pitch shifting and stacking, which brings a sense of polyphony to my rack. But I'm not sure that that's worth the price and HP.
mikmanner
The Rainmaker is a pretty strong sound design tool:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/mgfm_sounds/rainmaker-textures-and-spaces[/s]
SarahB
mikmanner wrote:

wow, these sound amazing! What sort of techniques did you use to make them if you don't mind me asking?
cliffemu
mikmanner wrote:

Nice work. Are these all initiated from the internal ping or shaped noise?
g0lem
I finally got my hands on one of these...

This is ridiculous. That comb filter does something to thin digital oscillators and low-pass gates. It pairs EXTREMELY well with my Hertz Donut; in a very unexpected way.

I'm in love.
ckwjr
Got mine this week as well after a multi-month wait. The learning curve isn't nearly as daunting as I expected it to be. I've been playing with the Karplus Strong presets doing a two voice string duet-ish melody along with the 2hp Pluck, which is funny considering the amount of real estate Rainmaker now takes up in my rack next to the Pluck. My largest module by a significant margin.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58, 59  Next [all]
Page 57 of 59