MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

intellijel Rainmaker
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 [all]
Author intellijel Rainmaker
slowwild
InsectInPixel wrote:
Has the Rainmaker been discontinued? It's been a long time since anyone has restocked.

Nope, not discontinued. Shipping them out as we make'em.

Also, new beta firmware over at the intellijel forum: https://forum.intellijel.com/t/rainmaker-1-09-142-beta-updated/1551
Daisuk
Rainmaker on the melody in this one. Damn, I love this module. cool

[s]http://soundcloud.com/happyleaguecactus/vergangenheit[/s]
Tonefloat01
starthief wrote:

Pretty much the only thing you can't do, in terms of multitap, is individually adjust the time for each tap. There are a lot of groove options though..

Is this actually true..? You cannot set individual delay time per tap with the Rainmaker? hmmm.....
I was looking at this module as a Eurorack alternative to a dedicated effects processor like an Eventide or Lexicon.
If you can’t set individual delay times per tap then that’s a deal breaker....
starthief
The timing for each tap is scaled from the overall delay time. There are groove options (e.g. swing, accelerate etc.) so it's not necessarily on a strict grid, but you can't specifically set the delay time of each individual tap.

Also the tap "placement" in time is based on its tap number, so if you set up tap 7 with a particular gain, filter, pitch shift etc. and decide you want to move it a notch later, you need to duplicate your settings on tap 8 instead.
Sleipnir
Any thoughts on when the beta firmware will be ready for prime time?
OzAF
READYdot wrote:
I was totally in for this. But looking at it and trying to put my head around this, it seems this has so many options I have no idea what they do or what their purpose it. Seems to me like one of those pricey esoteric boutique studio effects, that only sound-engineers can put to good use. What totally killed it for me, is when in the NAMM demo video he shows how with pushing the trigger button it randomly changes settings. This somehow is not what I want from an expensive module, pushing one button until I get something I like, because I have no idea what all the other buttons do. I just seems like too much. I mean a lot of features are ok, but trying to make every single option available somehow kills usability... I don't know, I might be overreacting, but this doesn't seem like an "ease-of-use" candidate.

It's a bit like the Shapeshifter, I ended up selling, because I couldn't tame all its options..

I personally am more interested in the 4MS Tapographic Delay. Sure it has less features, but it can be learned much more quickly. You can quickly record your taps, and you're off. All the menus and the crazy number of controls scared me a way from the Rainmaker. Plus the rack space needed for it. since I travel and my rack space is limited.
guigui
OzAF wrote:
READYdot wrote:
I was totally in for this. But looking at it and trying to put my head around this, it seems this has so many options I have no idea what they do or what their purpose it. Seems to me like one of those pricey esoteric boutique studio effects, that only sound-engineers can put to good use. What totally killed it for me, is when in the NAMM demo video he shows how with pushing the trigger button it randomly changes settings. This somehow is not what I want from an expensive module, pushing one button until I get something I like, because I have no idea what all the other buttons do. I just seems like too much. I mean a lot of features are ok, but trying to make every single option available somehow kills usability... I don't know, I might be overreacting, but this doesn't seem like an "ease-of-use" candidate.

It's a bit like the Shapeshifter, I ended up selling, because I couldn't tame all its options..

I personally am more interested in the 4MS Tapographic Delay. Sure it has less features, but it can be learned much more quickly. You can quickly record your taps, and you're off. All the menus and the crazy number of controls scared me a way from the Rainmaker. Plus the rack space needed for it. since I travel and my rack space is limited.

I'm almost changing Rainmaker for it. But I'm not so sure what I'm loosing doing that.
Sanys
anyone thought of Verbos Multi-Delay Processor as a substitute
jmax313
I thought someone mentioned that the last preset loads on start, but my rainmaker (has 1.09/142) does not do this, always starts at preset 1. help
depaffect
you need the beta firmware for that
jmax313
I thought 1.09/142 is? Mine has it loaded
damase
Sanys wrote:
anyone thought of Verbos Multi-Delay Processor as a substitute

ive owned both at the same time
they are so far different... in sound, usage, interface, range, and results

fwiw i still own rainmaker, not the multidelay. i loved everything about the multidelay except it maxes out at 10ms fastest delay time which just wasnt fast enough for what i wanted to do with it. rainmaker never had a chance of leaving, although that ill say its much less “modular” than the multidelay, and is more of a self contained instrument imo
Sanys
thx, this is what i wanted to hear
depaffect
jmax313 wrote:

oh yes sorry, that is the beta firmware, it is meant to load up last preset used!
peachesandbacon
This looks glorious!
jmax313
depaffect wrote:
jmax313 wrote:

oh yes sorry, that is the beta firmware, it is meant to load up last preset used!

Mine doesn't!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 [all]
Page 59 of 59