MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Strange problem with SH-1oh1
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Author Strange problem with SH-1oh1
the bad producer
Hi,

I've just installed a SH-1oh1 and it seems to be a bit odd - it's not my 101 so I'm not sure how odd it was before - "not really" is what I heard.

Basically it won't load any notes into a sequence or arpeggio lower than C on the mid octave, and even if you get notes loaded it will drop them out randomly (not in random mode) and eventually 'hang' after a 30 seconds or so (sometimes, sometimes longer)...

I've checked that the socket pins (the chip) are all going to the correct places on the PCB with a continuity test... I'm a bit stumped! Do you think this is a hardware problem (dodgy buttons, something else) or software?

Hoping you can help!

Oh, I also checked power between pins 20 and 40, it was a tad under 5V (4.95V or similar) is that too low?

Cheers

Charlie
tubbutec
Hi this sounds very off, indeed.

Are all the other functions (normal playing, arpeggiator, etc..) working correctly? Has this issue been there from the very beginning, or did it occur after a while?

Did you have midi in and out unplugged? Could be there is some kind of midi feedback issue here..

The Voltage is not too low for the processor to work, but I would expect a detuned sound, because it is also the voltage that drives the D/A converter..

What you could try, although I don't know why it would help, is to update the firmware:
https://tubbutec.de/tubbutec-firmware-updater/
the bad producer
Hi, thanks for your reply!

Yes, it does seem odd indeed! I think there must have been some issues already with the 101 - I did give it a cursory check, but maybe a complete 'overhaul' prior to the mod might have been called for. Pretty sure the sequencer/arp worked before though, the only issue I did note was a possible need to replace the resonance slider, a dodgy output jack (which I fixed) a dodgy power in jack (which I fixed) and a battery leak (which I fixed, and didn't appear to affect any 'control' traces, just the voices, and it was still 'on the surface' rather than 'into' the traces)...

Of note is that it appears to work better with the external clock input, but it still wigs out after a while - at least I think so, I'm not 100% au fait with the new functionality TBH!

Cheers!
the bad producer
Oh, I just noticed this, in the update firmware link:

BUG: hanging notes in key transpose

That may be the issue?!
tubbutec
no the hanging notes just occurred when using the key transpose button and a certain combination of key strokes

It would help if you could explain the problem in a bit more detail.

Quote:
Basically it won't load any notes into a sequence or arpeggio lower than C on the mid octave

When you enter the sequence, do you hear the notes lower than C? Usually the notes which are saved are being played.

Quote:
and even if you get notes loaded it will drop them out randomly (not in random mode) and eventually 'hang' after a 30 seconds or so (sometimes, sometimes longer)...

So when you play the sequence sometimes notes are not played and there is a break? Or is the next note in the sequence played instead?
Are you playing the sequence using the internal clock or via midi clock sync?

I am asking all this because it might help me to determine the cause of you problem.
Thanks
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Page 1 of 1