MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Curtis Roads
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Author Curtis Roads
Opus110
2009 documentary about Curtis Roads. Ran into this in a thread strangely located in the Off-topic forum, thought I'd repost it here.

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/video/curtis-roads--2
crawling wind
Very cool - thanks for posting!
myecholalia
cool, and very good timing.
just saw him speak and perform last weekend.
nice additional insights in this video, so thanks!
Entrainer
Does anyone know what his workflow is? Where does he create his initial sounds, edit the grains, etc? I can see he arranges/edits within ProTools.

I've read his articles, books, and listened to his lectures but they don't reveal much about his personal practice.
Ramases
Entrainer

I think his latest book talks quite a lot about his personal practice. He often uses examples from his own tracks to illustrate the things he's talking about.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Composing-Electronic-Music-New-Aesthetic/dp/0 195373243/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485681397&sr=8-1&keywords=curtis+roa ds-+composing+electronic+music+a+new+aesthetic
dubonaire
Very cool guy and cool documentary. He has been a huge influence on me and I think one of the really unsung pioneers of contemporary sound.
amnesia
yes we were actually talking about this back in 2009 https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5073&highlight=
dubonaire
amnesia wrote:
yes we were actually talking about this back in 2009 https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5073&highlight=


The gift that keeps on giving then.
jkbrogan
Video now available here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3viqsxQuIU
Roland Kuit
I produced a radio broadcast about micro sounds here:
http://www.concertzender.nl/programma/electronic-frequencies-652/

With composers: Barry Truax | Curtis Roads | Iannis Xenakis
jkbrogan
Roland Kuit wrote:
I produced a radio broadcast about micro sounds here:
http://www.concertzender.nl/programma/electronic-frequencies-652/

With composers: Barry Truax | Curtis Roads | Iannis Xenakis


Very cool to see Truax mentioned on this forum!
Opus110
Entrainer wrote:
Does anyone know what his workflow is? Where does he create his initial sounds, edit the grains, etc? I can see he arranges/edits within ProTools.

I've read his articles, books, and listened to his lectures but they don't reveal much about his personal practice.


Muffwiggler member thelizard is a student of his. He can certainly answer your questions.

Here's another thread about Roads:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=144319&highlight=
mt3
Gyroscope
I can't understand why he'd react that way when the interviewer asks him if people enjoy his music more when they're on drugs. This is not easy music to grasp (especially for the general public not used to these kind of sounds). Lighten up man, relax...
mt3
Taking drugs to make music to take drugs to...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group