MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Attn anyone who is getting "invalid session" errors - please log out, clear your browser cache and then log in again. If the errors persist for you please make a post in the applicable thread in the "Forum Dicussion & Requests" subforum. Thanks. STILL working on the logged out and session timeout issue - have a couple new strategies I'll be trying over the weekend. We will get this fixed! Thanks for your patience and sorry for the hassle.

StereoCompress - End of Jan SALE
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author StereoCompress - End of Jan SALE

BugBrand

Today I'm knocking £30 off the price of the current stocks of the SComp!

http://www.bugbrand.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&pro ducts_id=122

Getting these shifting will:
- help you get your tracks sounding far meatier!
- free up funds to get my new machine into production!

So, don't delay!

tron23

w00t If only I could afford one of those at this point, it sounds huge and competes with devices costing at least double, good luck with them moving Tom! Guinness ftw!

phisynth

BugBrand wrote:

...but that also means...less funds for us to buy new machines from you Dead Banana help

BugBrand

phisynth wrote:
BugBrand wrote:

...but that also means...less funds for us to buy new machines from you :deadbanana: :help:

Ah, but I gave a headsup that the new thing won't be out until around the end of March (and, actually, it'll likely be small batches dribbling out for much of the rest of the year given construction and testing times per unit).

GryphonP3

phisynth wrote:
BugBrand wrote:

...but that also means...less funds for us to buy new machines from you Dead Banana help

My thoughts exactly.. But still gonna try to sell an overstayer to buy one of these!! Just too sexy Mr. Green

mrbloor

I so want one of these, I have no need for rack gear and will gladly give one table space, alas no money d'oh!

BananaPlug

mrbloor wrote:
I so want one of these, I have no need for rack gear and will gladly give one table space, alas no money d'oh!
You're in London. A few hours of busking at the right tube stops and you'll have the cash. Rockin' Banana!

mrbloor

BananaPlug wrote:
mrbloor wrote:
You're in London. A few hours of busking at the right tube stops and you'll have the cash. Rockin' Banana!

Ha, you clearly haven't heared my soundcloud hihi and Yoda on a stick isn't my thing;-)

dogoftears

this compressor rules! super transparent at low settings or the perfect drum buss smasher at heavy setting with the parallel control. great for taming hi mids and hi's from yr unruly modular synthesizer (just set HPF so it's only triggered by high sounds). also not too many compressors in the universe have an adjustable LPF!-- compress just the bass or just the mids if you like. versatile.

tIB

Really want to upgrade my proto version for the full Monty at some point- its a really great comp and I'd love to try out what was added. On the list!

Hainbach

dogoftears wrote:
this compressor rules! super transparent at low settings or the perfect drum buss smasher at heavy setting with the parallel control. great for taming hi mids and hi's from yr unruly modular synthesizer (just set HPF so it's only triggered by high sounds). also not too many compressors in the universe have an adjustable LPF!-- compress just the bass or just the mids if you like. versatile.

Thanks for tipping me over the edge! screaming goo yo

BugBrand

Thanks all - that lot went, allowing me to get the panels ordered for the first half of the new jobby.

GryphonP3 wrote:
..But still gonna try to sell an overstayer to buy one of these!!...

Nice words! (you know why - always wanted to try some overstayer power and now I'll get the chance!)

moog55

just wanted to chime in that i finally had some quality time with the Stereo Compressor this past weekend and it is incredible. a ton of power/control in a small form factor. SlayerBadger!

visible cow

Any idea when a new batch of these will be available?

BugBrand

I doubt for a few months now -- I still have PCBs, but..
- firstly I ran out of FrontPanels (many of the initial batch were not acceptable, but I haven't yet ordered a new run)
- and secondly I have things on my plate for at least the next couple of months.
- and the last batch was certainly quite slow shifting, but maybe that was more down to timing around Christmas?

visible cow

BugBrand wrote:
I doubt for a few months now -- I still have PCBs, but..
- firstly I ran out of FrontPanels (many of the initial batch were not acceptable, but I haven't yet ordered a new run)
- and secondly I have things on my plate for at least the next couple of months.
- and the last batch was certainly quite slow shifting, but maybe that was more down to timing around Christmas?
I admit that I was on the fence until I recently heard more (very positive) feedback from users. No rush, thanks for the reply.

BugBrand

Well we clearly need more glowing reviews then!
It'd be a shame if I don't get the push to roll out more (will at least finish the remaining PCBs [c.20, I think] when I get more panels, but beyond that.. who knows)
Cheers!

a100user

I'm still up for one Tom, can almost afford it too

Hainbach

Here is an early mini-review, I had it on for about 40hours on three different mixes.

What I like:
- The amount of control. The chickenheads feel lovely and are very intuitive.
- The filter circuit on the sidechain. So quick to find a setting that works.
- The VU. Helps a lot in getting the bounce right by watching the needles
- Blend control. Overcompressing heavily and then dialing that in to around 30% is lovely.
- Form factor. Its small. So small I can put it on my Mixwizard and pretend its an SSL4000.
- Sound. Clean and punchy, with lots of shaping possiblity. It sounds open and has the "glue" effect.

What I don't like:
- Wallwart. Who likes those?
- No numerical markings on any knob and the VU. You could argue that that encourages listening, but I'd like to know how many dB I am reducing and how many I am adding. I have to watch the meters on the console to do that. I am slowly getting used to it, but it made starting out a bit difficult.

Would I buy it again?
Yes! Its form factor is unique, it invites experimentation. Its a great haptic interface, much better than adjusting my rack units. Feels like its made with the electronic musician in mind, which makes it more fun to use for me than studio or FOH orientated compressors. Plus: its portable.

Bonus:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBrxO9fGZg1/?taken-by=hainbach101
Mobile phone Instagram video with the Compressor on the main buss and an RNLA adding grit on the drums. Nice combo!

glia

Is the 606 session a few posts after also thru the bug SC?

Eigher way...it sounds amazing and I love that rhythm

Hainbach

Thank you glia! Yes, that jam is actually a later permutation of the track I posted before. So its also through the SC, set at 4:1 to bring out all the glitches the Cocoquantus adds to that groove.

BugBrand

Thanks!
What I don't like:
- Wallwart. Who likes those?
- No numerical markings on any knob and the VU. You could argue that that encourages listening, but I'd like to know how many dB I am reducing and how many I am adding. I have to watch the meters on the console to do that. I am slowly getting used to it, but it made starting out a bit difficult.[/quote]

Wallwarts - yeah, I know.. I don't really see an easy solution for my scales at the moment, unfortunately.

Markings - yes, I hear you. I was a bit wary about putting hard numbers, though did feel confident enough to publish the specs once I'd done some extra testing (I learned a lot through this project).
Quote:
Threshold +15dBU to -50dBU
Makeup Gain 0 to +30 dBU
Meter shows approx 0 to 14dB Reduction

glia

Hainbach wrote:
Thank you glia! Yes, that jam is actually a later permutation of the track I posted before. So its also through the SC, set at 4:1 to bring out all the glitches the Cocoquantus adds to that groove.

If you upload or release it let me know, it really is fantastic

Hainbach

Thanks man! Its actually going to be on my next album, due late summer. w00t

glia

Excellent news (Sorry...in retrospect, maybe i shouldve pm'd you about this)

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2