MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Audio Damage ADM16 DubJr Mk2 ("glitch" demos added
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author Audio Damage ADM16 DubJr Mk2 ("glitch" demos added
mistertim
Aha, great stuff - that all makes sense. Thanks for clarifying!

Cheers,

Tim
Crandall1
The product page is up on the Audio Damage site. 'Tis here.

I'll be packing the rest of the day (and tomorrow). We totally sold out of these almost immediately, so lots to do!
pinhole_sunrise
Since this has a USB port, is there any way that the module could contain alternate delay types with a "secret handshake", long push on the clock button, etc? I'd really like to see a reverse delay.

Crandall1 wrote:
I did some final touch-ups to the code today, and afterwards I made a couple recordings to show off some of the special effects. I'll do more standard stuff tomorrow, but here's some quick demos of the glitching and feedback loop.

ADM16 DubJr Mk 2 Special FX Demos
Crandall1
pinhole_sunrise wrote:
Since this has a USB port, is there any way that the module could contain alternate delay types with a "secret handshake", long push on the clock button, etc? I'd really like to see a reverse delay.

This is entirely a personal preference, which is reflected in the design of all our products: I _HATE_ secret / hidden / whatever features. I want something to do what it says on the box, and not have to hunt around or know the cheat code or whatever to get the entire functionality.

So no, there isn't, nor will there be, any hidden functionality.

That said, as soon as I figure out how to predict the future, I can make a reverse delay. In real time, there is no such thing. Only clever fakes. But if I could predict the future, I probably would play the stock market and not make Euro modules. hihi
Worwell
Crandall1 wrote:
pinhole_sunrise wrote:

This is entirely a personal preference, which is reflected in the design of all our products: I _HATE_ secret / hidden / whatever features. I want something to do what it says on the box, and not have to hunt around or know the cheat code or whatever to get the entire functionality.

So no, there isn't, nor will there be, any hidden functionality.

I was wondering why ↑↑↓↓←→←→BA wasn't working.
Roy72
When can we expect some more demo's of this? I'd like to hear it doing some work on a straight sequence, kinda basic Kraftwerk style delay stuff. The glitchy is cool, but I'd like straight too.
tthogs
Just loving the mk2! Here is a patch example where the feedback loop is patched through a filter (Mannequins 3 Sisters) and blended in with the uneffected wet signal.

This delay is quirky, sometimes noisy and super musical. Bravo.

[s]https://soundcloud.com/ec-soundtrack-sfx-design/fantasy-cavern[/s]
letitbleep
where should the rear jumper be positioned?
letitbleep
letitbleep wrote:

i guess "rear" was superfluous as there's only one jumper d'oh!
John Murphy
It is almost impossible to sell Dub jr MK1 with those wobbly knobs since MK2 has been released with so much improvement...I still have classic Grainshifter and Freqshift, too. I might hold off from buying MK 2 till Audio Damage comes up with a multi-effect module or Dub jr deluxe.
savethisrocketship
letitbleep wrote:

It looks like the jumper is only for entering the bootloader, maybe? Is that what you want or are you wondering if there should be a jumper there for normal operation? If it's the latter, mine has been working fine*** without a jumper.

*** In other news - has anyone had any problems with theirs powering up with the rest of the rack? I sometimes have to turn my case of and on again to get it to go. It *seems* like it is more likely to happen when I don't already have a clock patched into the 'clock in' prior to turning on my case, but that could be a red herring. It's happened enough times that it's a thing that I am wary of, but not enough to spend too much time troubleshooting it. Just wondering... hmmm.....
fedetehk
do you know a good European retailer that has them in stock?
Crandall1
DubJr Mk2 (and most STM32-based modules that use that power regulator, and there are quite a few) aren't 100% happy with some power supplies that power the +12 _before_ the -12. This causes them to go in to a fugue state where they can't boot. We're working on a fix for this, but it is a minor issue that doesn't affect many people. I don't want to call out any particular manufacturer for having less-than-stellar power supplies, but in general, you get what you pay for in that regard. If you try to cut corners on your power supply and buss boards, this is one of many issues you're going to have to contend with down the road.

Regarding the jumper, that's used to tell the unit to boot in a mode where it can get a software update via the USB. All of our -03-based modules use this same method. (We're actually replacing the jumper with a switch in the next rev.) If the jumper is in the normal position, nearest the edge of the board, this is electrically the same as there not being a jumper at all. So if it falls off or is missing or whatever, it doesn't matter. If we push a software update, then you'll need the jumper. If you put it in the position away from the edge of the board, your unit won't boot in to normal operation, as it will be waiting for a software update.
Crandall1
fedetehk The following European stores have DubJr Mk2 in stock, that I know about.

MattTech Modular (UK)
London Modular (UK)
Postmodular (UK) (He doesn't update his website often; call him.)
Funky Junk London (ProAudioEurope.com) (UK)

Schneidersladen (Germany)

Note that we don't deal directly with most European stores; Alex4 is our distributor in Europe, and the stores deal with them. We happen to deal directly with MattTech, PostModular, and Funky Junk; Schneidersladen and Alex4 are the same thing.

So, basically, it's readily available in Europe. Ask at your local, or hit up Schneider's or one of the UK stores if your local doesn't have it.
letitbleep
Crandall1 wrote:
DubJr Mk2 (and most STM32-based modules that use that power regulator, and there are quite a few) aren't 100% happy with some power supplies that power the +12 _before_ the -12. This causes them to go in to a fugue state where they can't boot. We're working on a fix for this, but it is a minor issue that doesn't affect many people. I don't want to call out any particular manufacturer for having less-than-stellar power supplies, but in general, you get what you pay for in that regard. If you try to cut corners on your power supply and buss boards, this is one of many issues you're going to have to contend with down the road.

out of curiosity, can you say a bit more about how/why a power supply that powers the +12 before the -12 is cutting corners or less than stellar?
Epignosis567
savethisrocketship wrote:

*** In other news - has anyone had any problems with theirs powering up with the rest of the rack? I sometimes have to turn my case of and on again to get it to go. It *seems* like it is more likely to happen when I don't already have a clock patched into the 'clock in' prior to turning on my case, but that could be a red herring. It's happened enough times that it's a thing that I am wary of, but not enough to spend too much time troubleshooting it. Just wondering... hmmm.....

Just bought one and returned it, powered on maybe half the time. :(
Footkerchief
Crandall1 wrote:

It seems like the alternative to naming names is that people won't know whether the module will work in their system.
savethisrocketship
Yeah, I've got the last revision Monorocket Gemini, I was under the impression they were not substandard PSU's... hmmm.....
savethisrocketship
Epignosis567 wrote:

That sucks! Mine is definitely not that often - and tends to come back after a power reset. My heart sank the first time it happened, thought I had fried it! Thankfully I've never noticed it happen once it has powered on, which lends credence to what CRandal said about it being a PSU issue. cry
crm114
Just got this module a few days ago and am loving it. The feedback is insanity. Thanks Chris!
suthnear
Is this module as hissy as the chronoblob? It doesn't sound like it, but the demos are all fairly busy and have a fair bit of high frequency content in them anyway
tthogs
Epignosis567 wrote:

That sucks! Mine is definitely not that often - and tends to come back after a power reset. My heart sank the first time it happened, thought I had fried it! Thankfully I've never noticed it happen once it has powered on, which lends credence to what CRandal said about it being a PSU issue. cry

I've been having the same issue. It happens once every 20 or 30 times I power on.
gilesgoatboy
don't suppose anyone knows if the TipTop µZeus is one of the power supplies to watch out for here?
Epignosis567
Any update? Would really love to get a few of these but can't do it until the power issues are fixed. :(
savethisrocketship
Epignosis567 wrote:
Any update? Would really love to get a few of these but can't do it until the power issues are fixed. :(

I don't think it's being viewed as a 'power issue', seems like it's part of the hardware - optimally compatible with some, sub-optimally compatible with others... not sure if it flat out won't work with some PSU's or not.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 3 of 6