MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Warps Parasite v1.01: an alternative firmware for MI Warps
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next [all]
Author Warps Parasite v1.01: an alternative firmware for MI Warps
mqtthiqs
Hi wigglers,

Here is the latest Parasite, my series of alternative firmware for Mutable Instruments modules. This time for Warps, the modulator extraordinaire! As usual, you can download it and (carefully) read the (meticulously written) documentation here:

mqtthiqs.github.io/parasites/

This firmware adds the following features to the module:

  • An easy interface to switch between 9 modes, each determining a different function for the module. The stock mode (morph between algorithms) is now called Meta-mode, and is only one of 9. The easter egg (frequency-shifter) is another.
  • Most modes take the stock algorithms and go deeper into them, with two dimensions of control instead of one; some are completely new functionalities.
  • New features include: a dual chorus/flanger/slapback, a binaural panner with doppler-effect simulation, a dual bit-mangler, a Chebyschev waveshaper.


Consequently, all features of the official firmware are left untouched and still accessible (with a few exceptions mentioned in the documentation).

Here are very dry and functional sound demos of each mode:
https://soundcloud.com/mqtthiqs/sets/warps-parasite-demo/s-XNZQO
and a nice video demo thanks to davidh:


Version 0.9 was the first official release. (it still had a couple of rough edges, that's why I didn't name it v1.0)
Version 0.95 incorporated an upstream fix regarding the frequency shifter, and tweaked the hiss/distortion model in the analog delay emulation.
Version 1.0 rewrote the delay code entirely, including separate dry/wet and feedback, and continuously variable rate.
Version 1.01 fixes two bugs in the Delay mode

... and if you like this work, please consider donating to the project! There is a button under the download link.
Matos
Bless your sweet heart ! Brilliant job and write up!
wirelesswine
Thanks !

will place donation !!!
enj_music
What exactly is a Chebyschev waveshaper?
Richard Devine
Yes! Amazing!
nedavine
Gonna install in a mo
Blingley
enj_music wrote:
What exactly is a Chebyschev waveshaper?


Presumably a waveshaper using Chebyshev polynomials.

Tk+1(x) = 2xTk(x) – Tk–1(x)
Libra
Wow thank you!
moofi
Thank you Matthias. thumbs up
nedavine
Just incase I wanna switch back, anyone know where the original firmware is? I can't find it on the MI site.
Pighood
nedavine wrote:
Just incase I wanna switch back, anyone know where the original firmware is? I can't find it on the MI site.


I second this request.
jonesboy
Just upgraded my Clouds this afternoon. I will do my Warps tomorrow. I'm so excited.

applause
dumbledog
Holy shit. I wasn't even considering Warps for my little lunchbox but it looks like this may take the place of uFold (not to mention a ring mod) and I've been wanting a freq shifter. Thank you!
Paranormal Patroler
Binaural panner???
dumbledog
It's what you call someone who thinks Pearl Jam went to shit after Yield.
M6live
mqtthiqs, thank you. SlayerBadger!
SB-SIX
Sounds really interesting! I don't have warps yet, would anyone like to record some stuff from the new modes?
concretic
SB-SIX wrote:
Sounds really interesting! I don't have warps yet, would anyone like to record some stuff from the new modes?


Please someone do. The binaural and chorus effects may pull my trigger.
Roonan
This sounds very cool.
Donated and downloaded. Will try this today hyper
Krater
Just read the description on your website and this is huge! so many new options. we're not worthy Especially excited about the chorous/flager.
Slic
Donation made (and I haven't even downloaded it yet!)

looks amazing as are all your parasites. I urge everyone who downloads to donate, the parasite firmware's are fabulous additions to already fabulous modules.

Sean
Funky40
thank you mqtthiqs !

now, i cannot update !
had something like 30 trys or more.
My warps is now dead.........no algo knob lightning anymore.
though i can go into update mode, just that the update allways fails......


i tryed with many many different level settings.
a level between the algo knob beeing half green half yellow seemed best so far.......but i get allways the red knob after some time.
if i increase the level it definitkly jumps earlier into red and aborbtion

i go over a gozinta into the modular, so i have there a clipping indicator and can adjust the level right under clipping and work from there

seriously, i just don't get it ( donne sooo many updates on MI modules )
maltemark
*applauds*

Will try to find the time to try this firmware out this weekend.
wanne
just uploaded !
very good applause i like it more than the original...very cool applause
tommygee
Funky40 wrote:
thank you mqtthiqs !

now, i cannot update !
had something like 30 trys or more.
My warps is now dead.........no algo knob lightning anymore.
though i can go into update mode, just that the update allways fails......


i tryed with many many different level settings.
a level between the algo knob beeing half green half yellow seemed best so far.......but i get allways the red knob after some time.
if i increase the level it definitkly jumps earlier into red and aborbtion

i go over a gozinta into the modular, so i have there a clipping indicator and can adjust the level right under clipping and work from there

seriously, i just don't get it ( donne sooo many updates on MI modules )


My Warps are also dead now. No light when turning it on :-(
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next [all]
Page 1 of 12
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group